Convert Damaged $100 Bills To Pesos

TheMatrix

Take a short trip to Guam. You can exchange them in a bank there. US Territory.

Is there an easy flight to Guam from here?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• afmayer

• smokey

• TheMatrix

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will be gone about 4 or 5 days to manila but i will help you out 43 to the dollar... and when i go to the US Jan or feb i will take them back how many do you want to exchange ? 1/2 peso per dollar

With the way the dollar is going, your offer will probably be valid soon. Will you do other types of laundry for P2,000? hehe

Posted Images

smokey

The guy cant have that many bad bills unless they are all 1996 series.. i think the problem is solved as steve will be the new owner of the bills.. i figured he was going to say he has 5 or maybe 10 but more then that??

Edited by robert51

Just checked Philippine Airline's site. There is a flight from Manila to Guam this Friday. Looks like 113 PHP (not including taxes) oneway. :scratch_head:

I guess I am really slow or stupid or dumb - I brought like three dollars - rest left in my Checking account and got access via ATM (before BPI started charging me). Now I just transfer more per month to the Bride's account, leaving enough in the USA to manage expenses there.

But that doesn't help you and perhaps you have gotten all the suggestions you need to help you out of this dilemma but for other new guys reading -

Why bring Cash?

Bring Crisp Dollars

Bring Smaller Bills

Try the Central Bank of the Philippines - they are like the Federal Reserve in the States - they would exchange directly with US and should take bills in used condition

Try Guam, as James has suggested

I have it on Good Authority that BigRob does a very good job on Laundry - and goes easy on the starch

Just a thought, but what do I know - I only had 3 bucks

this is one of those lessons that can't be passed on often enough

when you are getting ready to fly over and head to the bank to get money in the states (or where ever) ask them for new bill or as new as possible, tell them why, they have always been understanding about such requests for me. then go through the bill carefully in the bank so you won't have to go back later and ask for replacements.

Some things never change. I also learned this lesson the hard way when I first visited the Philippines in the late 1980's. To make matters worse I brought American Express travelers checks. I assumed they were accepted everywhere. Boy did I learn my lesson. Half way around the world without a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. The money exchangers turned down my 100 dollar bills because they had a tear in them that was not even 1/8 inch long in one of the corners. I was finally able to exchange them by driving around Cebu City in a taxi until I found a money exchanger that was not picky. The only person that helped me with the travelers checks was Eddie Woolbright who owned a restaurant downtown called Eddie

Greatyear1966

I will be gone about 4 or 5 days to manila but i will help you out 43 to the dollar... and when i go to the US Jan or feb i will take them back how many do you want to exchange ? 1/2 peso per dollar so i make 500 peso on 1,000 dollars

Pretty sporty of you mate...:biggrin_01:

JamesMusslewhite

You will need to contact Los Vegas travel agents to answer that. Unless you are presently in the Philippines, than I am sure flights are available out of Manila.

TheMatrix

You will need to contact Los Vegas travel agents to answer that. Unless you are presently in the Philippines, than I am sure flights are available out of Manila.

James, I thought you knew I am here in Cebu. Sorry.

I was asking if there are any easy ways to get to Guam from here. Like a direct flight perhaps?

There are no flights to Guam from Cebu only from Manila. Continental flies daily at 2315hrs

smokey

Well did the guy take you up on the exchange there steve?? if so end of story...

TheMatrix

Yes, I was able to help him out and convert all his old Ben Franklin's to Pesos!

He's a happy camper now =))

smokey

Yes, I was able to help him out and convert all his old Ben Franklin's to Pesos!

are the money changers getting very picky or did he have a bunch of 1996

TheMatrix

are the money changers getting very picky or did he have a bunch of 1996

He had mostly old worn bills, nothing unusual. They were a couple 1996 bills, and the rest were 2001-2006

Suprised the balck market guys at the Post Office would not take them. You get a better rate with them than any bank.