Convert Damaged $100 Bills To Pesos

afmayer

i've never been turned down 100% on any bills . always found some place that would change them but then i've never had bills with much more then a slight nick. are you there alone? with a new girlfriend or long time S.O. or wife? if you know her have her try some places too we've changed money and at times for better rates and random chinese jewelry stores and the like. i remember one family having us eat with them years back while they took care of our business

if you have enough to get by just hold on to the damaged ones till you get home

hit the atms if you have to

All the bills only have slight nicks. I am not that desperate to exchange them and can wait. I do have a GF here and will take your advice about trying to exchange at other places. Up to now, I have only tried banks and money changers. I didn't realize there were other options to exchange USD. Thanks ...

I will be gone about 4 or 5 days to manila but i will help you out 43 to the dollar... and when i go to the US Jan or feb i will take them back how many do you want to exchange ? 1/2 peso per dollar so i make 500 peso on 1,000 dollars

I will let you know... Thanks for the offer.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• afmayer

• smokey

• TheMatrix

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will be gone about 4 or 5 days to manila but i will help you out 43 to the dollar... and when i go to the US Jan or feb i will take them back how many do you want to exchange ? 1/2 peso per dollar

With the way the dollar is going, your offer will probably be valid soon. Will you do other types of laundry for P2,000? hehe

Posted Images

• Admin (Retired)
broden

actually with Robert51's offer .. that would be the other way i would go

smokey

I would do it for him tomorrow but i leave for manila at noon.... If your in a hurry come over right now and i will change 500 dollars if that helps you i am in talisay

Have you tried Western Union? I know that you said that you tried the money changers. Maybe WU will take it because they handle all types of currencies and they are not always in the best shape. Then if WU does take them then send the money to a friend in the States and have him wire you back the money. Its a long work around but it might work.

smokey

Have you tried Western Union? I know that you said that you tried the money changers. Maybe WU will take it because they handle all types of currencies and they are not always in the best shape. Then if WU does take them then send the money to a friend in the States and have him wire you back the money. Its a long work around but it might work.

do you know what that would cost??? i just sent 100 dollars to on of the children and it was 700 peso... like 15%

afmayer

I would do it for him tomorrow but i leave for manila at noon.... If your in a hurry come over right now and i will change 500 dollars if that helps you i am in talisay

Robert,

Thanks a lot for the offer. However, I have more problem bills than 500USD. I am not desperate and will try other options for now.

Robert;

You are right on in that WU has the highest fees. No argument, As I said in my post, its a possible work around. Like everyone here I am just trying to think of suggestions to help the OP out with his problem.

do you know what that would cost??? i just sent 100 dollars to on of the children and it was 700 peso... like 15%

TheMatrix

I'll help you out and change your Ben Franklin's for pesos (at the current rate). I'm at Winland Towers. PM me when you're ready.

I always bring crisp new bills when I travel overseas. It's really bad in Russia, Afghanistan, and Kazakhstan.

They won't take a bill if its been folded.

-

Edited by SteveMatrix

You should save them for when you have to make those trips to the embassy/consular for such thing like Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage, Consular Report of Birth Abroad and passport applications for future children, passport renewals, and the now super-expensive extra pages for your passport.

Steve;

He is a new member, he can't pm you. Maybe you two can meet in the lobby or something.

I'll help you out and change your Ben Franklin's for pesos (at the current rate). I'm at Winland Towers. PM me when you're ready.

I always bring crisp new bills when I travel overseas. It's really bad in Russia, Afghanistan, and Kazakhstan.

-

smokey

Robert,

Thanks a lot for the offer. However, I have more problem bills than 500USD. I am not desperate and will try other options for now.

well its almost christmas and a man only keeps so much money at the house ,,, I have carried up to 9,900 in us here before and at most i would get a few no can do bills most of the time its the 1996 ... 100 bill seems that is the one they dont like to take.. Well steve will save the day...

TheMatrix

Thanks. I sent him a PM with my phone number.

Steve;

He is a new member, he can't pm you. Maybe you two can meet in the lobby or something.

-

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Robert,

well its almost christmas and a man only keeps so much money at the house ,,, I have carried up to 9,900 in us here before and at most i would get a few no can do bills most of the time its the 1996 ... 100 bill seems that is the one they dont like to take.. Well steve will save the day...

yeah i forgot about that robert

we always reexchange any 1996 bills when we get money from the bank for taking overseas no matter how crisp they are

actually though you want all the bills to be as new as possible

I'll give you P2,000 spot on cash money for each USD $100 bill.

Good deal good deal..

Hmmmmm..... unfortunately (for you), I am not that desperate ...

Send them back by courier (as a document -I have no idea if there are restrictions if you declare cash) to someone you trust who can exchange them for clean ones. Then you can decide which is cheapest -moneygram, paypal (if you can open a bank account here, like BPI) or western union -to get the funds back here. No matter what, it will cost you...

How about a short trip to a "close-by" Asian country where they are not so strict? ... Hong Kong ... Kuala Lampur ... etc ...

Dont even think of trying Burma/Myanmar.

The local notes look like used toilet paper, but those USD must be absolutely perfect

JamesMusslewhite

Take a short trip to Guam. You can exchange them in a bank there. US Territory.