Heads up guys

it says a lot about how much you owe to him and your ticket out of the Phlillipines that you refer to your husband as 'the' husband, not 'my' husband.

And that shows what a malicious twisted mind you've got!!!!

True, I am not my husband's financial equal and he paid for my plane ticket

• Like 8
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• easy44

• Jess Bartone

• Traviz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it says a lot about how much you owe to him and your ticket out of the Phlillipines that you refer to your husband as 'the' husband, not 'my' husband.

And that shows what a malicious twisted mind you've got!!!!   True, I am not my husband's financial equal and he paid for my plane ticket

fair comment. Netherthless I maintain that foreign spouses can tend to be looked upon as commodities, not real human beings.

Posted Images

• Like 1

... girls put sedatives on their nipples, then encouraged guys to suck on them. They would wake up later without their valuables!

Dang... mystery solved!!! I thought I was just old and dozing off.

Tom in Texas

Yeah and we would do it over and over again, we will never learn.

Jeepney

Been many time to Robinsons, and whenever there WAS a seller coming up to me,

I looked at him and GR........., they never bother me again, they may have a bit of a memory....

And the new ones soon learn als!!!!

I do not entertain anyone in these places, unless i pick them myself to talk to!!

Last wednesday evening i was walking from allsonsinn to Robinsons,

and a guy came up and showing me a golden chain he wanted to sell,

I was with a girl, so I just said a harsh NOO,

but he kept followinging me, and talked,

after 20 meters, I went to the side off the footpath, turned to him,

and told him harshley to F*** OFF, which he did instantly, but some of them have a thick neck!!

Piet

I've been approached in Angeles by the "Hi remeber me mob" and just ignored them and walked on but the most novel approach was in Ermita in 1986 when some twat reckoned he was making a movie and wanted me in it, ended up ignoring him and walking on as well...

When I worked in Manila in the 80's many of my kano mates (scandos, yanks, aussies) appeared in movies. In 1982 pay was 100PHP a day ($10) for caucasian extras in Tagalog movies but a few got bruises in fight scenes.

I can also confirm the slippery characters claiming to know you from the hotel, immigration etc. have been around since 1981 and probably many years before that.

Back in the mid 80's I found the worst area (if there was such a thing) was on United Nations blvd between Del Pilar and Mabini st - got approached there several times, once the movie bloke and others included the old "my sister is going to Sydney to be a nurse and we would like to ask you some questions about Sydney", have to give them credit for trying...

Elinel, excellent post and response - good on you... :shit_stirrer::kissass::thumbsup:

Jess Bartone

.....The problem with you Udonthani is - your too busy finding monsters that you did not see the monster within. Too concerned of losing a few pennies and missed the pound

I guess you wouldn't understand that

• 3 months later...
Rudderless

Owned.

dennis1105

Davaoeno

roofies will do the trick- you can still walk . And re drug testing - the chemical disappears from the blood stream very quickly so usually will not appear on lab report

I wonder how they got him from the watering hole to the hotel room if he was out cold.

I take ativan for anxiety. It does not have this kind of "knock out" effect. GHB is most commonly used for this kind of attack. There is a good Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_rape_drug) on this that might help people, men or women, protect themselves.

-Chris

Stranded Shipscook

Thank you cpdino for the information on the often "mythical" theories and foreigners (and Philipinos btw) getting drugged.

--------------

In fact, most of the times those who claim to have been drugged were simply made drunk as skunks, but out of shame they claimed otherwise. Saw it with my own eyes in Manila long years ago and was able to even prevent it twice since the victim and his super beautiful "new gf" were still in the process to knock him out with drinks.

Well, the warnings are written all over this situations.

There are still scam syndicates in Manila even posing as Policeman with convincing quality (badges, Guns, made up "Policeoffices" with uniformed "Officers" sitting in there to impress the naive traveller )

And of course some corrupt real policeman trying there dirty moonlightning trade.

note that in all those cases charges will never be filed really, if one is REALLY innocent, he/She shall immediately contact the Embassy upon arrest. Something the Police MUST do anyway in case of arresting a foreigner.Good to have the number at hand all the time !

Local permanent residents should be advised to also have a calling card of a trusted lawyer with them including his private CP nbr.!

Someone said that a blood analysis should be taken with the answer that the traces of "drugs" would disappear to quickly.

Not entirely correct in the age of "CSI". Drugs can be traced for months.

I would advise to do and insist upon it, including a hair or fingernail sample, suggest it to the arresting officers asap. And have it noted down in the Police report. In case of Syndicate and corrupt officials it might get you out of their greedy hands, because they prefer victims which simply pay, after the case goes official, meaning police report and prosecutor involved

they can not milk you anymore, so you are uninteresting.

Davaoeno

For all you CSI fans out there- real life is not always as it is portrayed in the movies !! In the matter of flunitrazepam [ roofies]- which is the most used date rape drug -

It is difficult to estimate just how many flunitrazepam-facilitated rapes have occurred. Very often, biological samples are taken from the victim at a time when the effects of the drug have already passed and only residual amounts remain in the body fluids. These residual amounts are difficult, and sometimes impossible, to detect using standard screening assays available in the United States. If flunitrazepam exposure is to be detected at all, urine samples need to be collected within 72 hours and subjected to sensitive analytical tests.

• 3 months later...

When you meet this kind of scam....just pretend you don't speak English nor, of course, understand it.

I never had a bad experience in the Philippines, including in places where some of my mapapangasaw relatives live in Cebu and I was alone sometimes.

As a sidenote, last week I got stopped by a car with two guys claiming to be police officers -> read in the newspapers a few days later that a similar gang had just been arrested and had scammed more than 80 tourists in such a way.............and this was right in the middle of Madrid Spain.......not in downtown Cebu.

I live 3 years in Asia, mainly Thailand and nothing serious ever happened to me -> and now that I am back in the West in just 2 years time I got stopped by fake policemen, a Russian tried to rob me in the subway, a Romanian girl tried to steal my wallet and I almost got in a fight with some young South Americans who didn't like my Asian face.....