• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• easy44

• Jess Bartone

• Traviz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it says a lot about how much you owe to him and your ticket out of the Phlillipines that you refer to your husband as 'the' husband, not 'my' husband.

And that shows what a malicious twisted mind you've got!!!!   True, I am not my husband's financial equal and he paid for my plane ticket

fair comment. Netherthless I maintain that foreign spouses can tend to be looked upon as commodities, not real human beings.

Posted Images

The drug could be used for this scam is Flunitrazepam by Roche. It is considered to be one of the most effective benzodiazepine hypnotics on a dose basis, meaning a small dose is sufficient for achieving the effect. It is considered as a date rape drug for obvious reasons.

The other one is Gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) which has effects that are very similar to those of alcohol. Victims may not be aware that they ingested a drug at all. GHB is invisible when dissolved in water, and odorless. Somewhat salty in taste, but is indiscernible when dissolved in beverages such as soft drinks, liquor, or beer.

They are known to induce anterograde amnesia in sufficient doses; individuals are unable to remember certain events that they experienced while under the influence of the drug.

In some hotels in Manila there is a warning note in the room about such scams.

udonthani

The drug could be used for this scam is Flunitrazepam by Roche.

maybe it is, but they won't want to spread it on a girl's nipples if they want to rob you. They'll just spike your drink.

• Like 1

To the moderator, my post here is rather long and not related to underage, but is related to scam's in the Ermita area. Please feel free to edit or turn it into a separate topic/post should you see fit. Traviz

I agree with the poster who said Robinson's (Ermita) is a hotbed for scams.

I would have been taken to the cleaners many times were my Filipina partner not with me virtually every time we go out.

She had warned me about the guys that come up to you in the street and shove a piece of paper under your nose with incredibly good exchange rates scribbled out for various currencies being offered at some nearby money changer's office. They looked pretty good to me as we were in fact doing our usual tour looking for the best rate for our Au$ and weren't having much luck. In the end she listened to me (mistake) and decided to have a look at one of these "too good to be true" moneychangers. We happened to be in the street anyway so what's to lose?

We followed the lad to the shop which had the street front door locked, which they sometimes would do I guess if large money was being exchanged inside. What I thought a bit strange was that this boy was banging loudly for the door to be opened? The door was opened and we went in just as some other customers left counting their money. Then the door was locked again with us inside. :banghead:

We were only in there less than a minute as my partner spoke in Tagalog with the vendors when the people who had just left the shop counting their money suddenly returned and were banging on the door to be let in! The woman who owned the shop was repeatedly shouting to the boy DON'T LET THEM IN!! DON'T LET THEM IN!! That's when my partner grabbed me and headed for the door with the woman shouting at us DON'T LET THEM IN..DON'T LET THEM IN!! We opened the door to let the people in and took off down the street!!

We finally found a money changer who gave us a good deal and when we related to him what happened, he told us this story:

These scammers offer really good rates to get gullible people in the shop. They count the money out really fast to the customers and then hassle them like mad to finish counting and leave as they have another customer to serve. They deliberately short change people.. and when the angry customers return to complain, the police are called. Unfortunately the police are also in on it and the end result is that nothing can be proved. This way the police and the shop get a cut of the stolen money.

Seems plausible.

Good advice is to always count your money while at the counter, no matter what. Back in 2008 i was

at the money changer right in Ayala mall. I had $300 changing into pesos. She uses a calculator

and hands you a slip showing how much pesos you will get. She counts it out rather quickly, I count

it and its 200 pesos short, she counts it again and says its all there sir. I count again and its

still 200 php short. She counts it and adds the 200 pesos and says "sorry sir"

I just shook my head.

If someone told you they 're from your hotel, tell them you are so glad to see them because you need to borrow 2000 Pesos and will pay back at the hotel front desk, see how fast they will move.

I always take my brother inlaw or local Pinoy friends with me when I go out, I feel much safer.

It certainly is easier when you've got company. When I go out with my wife, nobody ever approaches me. When I go out alone, the leeches come from miles around. They can sniff out a lone white guy better than sharks can smell blood in the water.

I agree with the company, but it is much better a male rather than female

udonthani

it says a lot about how much you owe to him and your ticket out of the Phlillipines that you refer to your husband as 'the' husband, not 'my' husband.

• Like 2
KeithAngel

I think you misread Elinels post or rather mis-construe it simple gramatical errors are common here and in that paragraph she mentions "My husband" twice alongside "The husband" twice also

Even in the UK we might say "I will ask the wife" or "The wife doesnt like it" I like your real-polatic but that in my view was nit picking unless your privy to something your not sharing

• Like 2
lazydays

fool he was, but he got himself out of the situation!

Must be why they are targeting Australian hotels! LOLOLOL

I hit the "thank you" button on the wrong comment,anyway you got 2 "thank you's",and i'm sober lol. :banghead: :banghead:

udonthani

I think you misread Elinels post or rather mis-construe it simple gramatical errors are common here and in that paragraph she mentions "My husband" twice alongside "The husband" twice also

Even in the UK we might say "I will ask the wife" or "The wife doesnt like it" I like your real-polatic but that in my view was nit picking unless your privy to something your not sharing

fair comment. Netherthless I maintain that foreign spouses can tend to be looked upon as commodities, not real human beings.

• Like 2
lazydays

If someone told you they 're from your hotel, tell them you are so glad to see them because you need to borrow 2000 Pesos and will pay back at the hotel front desk, see how fast they will move.

I always take my brother inlaw or local Pinoy friends with me when I go out, I feel much safer.

It certainly is easier when you've got company. When I go out with my wife, nobody ever approaches me. When I go out alone, the leeches come from miles around. They can sniff out a lone white guy better than sharks can smell blood in the water.

I am here right now in manila i was in the different internet and left there a frigging whale sitting next to me watching HARD core p*orno real hard core and it was a female whale , ,,, then on the other side a foreigner comes and sit and he want to be buddies telling me how he was just ripped off for his wallet and he is waiting for a large check to come from europe but the mail sucks and he has to pay his hotel etc etc etc etc... dam dam dam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A favourite scam run by some foreigners in Mindanao,is Gold Mining Investment,must think we all arrived on the last banana boat.:banghead:

tom_shor

That can be true anywhere. There are also many husbands that look on their wives the same way. Also not just in the Philippines.

I am here right now in manila i was in the different internet and left there a frigging whale sitting next to me watching HARD core p*orno real hard core and it was a female whale , ,,, then on the other side a foreigner comes and sit and he want to be buddies telling me how he was just ripped off for his wallet and he is waiting for a large check to come from europe but the mail sucks and he has to pay his hotel etc etc etc etc... dam dam dam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A favourite scam run by some foreigners in Mindanao,is Gold Mining Investment,must think we all arrived on the last banana boat.:banghead:

I was born at night, but not last night. :banghead:

Edited by tom_shor
  • Like 1
Jess Bartone

You have serious emotional and attitudinal issues. Give it a rest whippy.

• Like 5

You have serious emotional and attitudinal issues. Give it a rest whippy.

The fact that he can't differentiate between when the poster made a simple grammatical error and used the term to show indifference is more troublesome. It shows an inability to analytically deduce things.

• Like 4
SkyMan

When you can speak a second language with absolute perfection then and only then can you consider criticizing an other's use of their second language. How dare you make such accusations in light of your own low morals.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 4