Heads up guys

I wound up giving him 650 P just to get rid of him. There was something about him that set my alarm bells off and I was just glad to see him go. Live and learn.

I just hope that more people learn sooner than later as every time this happens it perpetuates the whole scamming scenario. The wolves would go away if the sheep wised up. Cheers!

Robinson's area is and has been for many years, a bad area for scammers, i was approached just last Saturday by a guy wanting milk for his baby. Everytime I go there there's some new scam going on. Just walk away with a wave of your hand, most of them will only follow you a short distance.

Don't under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES whatsoever give them any money, they will go and tell their mates where they found their new gained wealth, then it will all snowball.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• easy44

• Jess Bartone

• Traviz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it says a lot about how much you owe to him and your ticket out of the Phlillipines that you refer to your husband as 'the' husband, not 'my' husband.

And that shows what a malicious twisted mind you've got!!!!   True, I am not my husband's financial equal and he paid for my plane ticket

fair comment. Netherthless I maintain that foreign spouses can tend to be looked upon as commodities, not real human beings.

Posted Images

The Mason

If someone told you they 're from your hotel, tell them you are so glad to see them because you need to borrow 2000 Pesos and will pay back at the hotel front desk, see how fast they will move.

I always take my brother inlaw or local Pinoy friends with me when I go out, I feel much safer.

It certainly is easier when you've got company. When I go out with my wife, nobody ever approaches me. When I go out alone, the leeches come from miles around. They can sniff out a lone white guy better than sharks can smell blood in the water.

Julian C Thong

No coincedence this was in Manila, a'hole of the world, in my view. Well, Delhi comes close.

I've never had or hardly heard of any such things in Cebu, unless the person was smashed.

It seems tourists are mostly the target and a tourist is usually looking for the nice things and looks kindly on the locals. As a traveller, one is more cautious and looking for the slightly dark things, well speaking personally.

Every day there will be a similar story, that's life. It's the same in London or Paris only the style is different.

smokey

If someone told you they 're from your hotel, tell them you are so glad to see them because you need to borrow 2000 Pesos and will pay back at the hotel front desk, see how fast they will move.

I always take my brother inlaw or local Pinoy friends with me when I go out, I feel much safer.

It certainly is easier when you've got company. When I go out with my wife, nobody ever approaches me. When I go out alone, the leeches come from miles around. They can sniff out a lone white guy better than sharks can smell blood in the water.

I am here right now in manila i was in the different internet and left there a frigging whale sitting next to me watching HARD core p*orno real hard core and it was a female whale , ,,, then on the other side a foreigner comes and sit and he want to be buddies telling me how he was just ripped off for his wallet and he is waiting for a large check to come from europe but the mail sucks and he has to pay his hotel etc etc etc etc... dam dam dam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KeithAngel

I am here right now in manila i was in the different internet and left there a frigging whale sitting next to me watching HARD core p*orno real hard core and it was a female whale , ,,, then on the other side a foreigner comes and sit and he want to be buddies telling me how he was just ripped off for his wallet and he is waiting for a large check to come from europe but the mail sucks and he has to pay his hotel etc etc etc etc... dam dam dam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert the company you keep :cry:

Maybe you could waste some money on a smart phone and browse fromyour digs :thumbs_up:

smokey

Robert the company you keep :cry:

Maybe you could waste some money on a smart phone and browse fromyour digs :thumbs_up:

to use a smart phone i think you have to be smart??? wrong guy here..

KeithAngel

Robert the company you keep :lol:

Maybe you could waste some money on a smart phone and browse fromyour digs :rolleyes:

to use a smart phone i think you have to be smart??? wrong guy here..

There pretty easy nowadays or you might take a teenager with you to explain :thumbs_up::cry:

RetiredNavyGuy

The 'knock out drops" part of the story goes back many years and is true. Used to be the modus operadi to rob unsuspecting tourists and US Sailers who were already trying to get stupid. Don't remember it being tied to underage rape, but I was telling my sailors 30 years ago, do NOT accept an open drink from anyone you do not AREADY know, even in a bar and DEFINITELY not at thier house.

The 'knock out drops" part of the story goes back many years and is true. Used to be the modus operadi to rob unsuspecting tourists and US Sailers who were already trying to get stupid. Don't remember it being tied to underage rape, but I was telling my sailors 30 years ago, do NOT accept an open drink from anyone you do not AREADY know, even in a bar and DEFINITELY not at thier house.

There was a group in Thailand a while back that had girls put sedatives on their nipples, then encouraged guys to suck on them. They would wake up later without their valuables!

udonthani

once, in Harare, Zimababwe, fed up with all the hassle, I literally pulled the shirt off my back and tried to sell it to this guy. Really hassled him, shoved it under his nose, followed him up the street and everything, showed him what it feels like when some hustler targets you and won't let go. Guess what. He didn't like it, but after five minutes of it, he got the joke.

I never had any problem in that neighborhood after that.

udonthani

There was a group in Thailand a while back that had girls put sedatives on their nipples, then encouraged guys to suck on them. They would wake up later without their valuables!

urban myth. Usually the rumour mill says it's katoeys, not girls.

urban myth. Usually the rumour mill says it's katoeys, not girls.

She looked like a girl to me!

You will never have to worry about any scams if you follow the Duke's policy of immediately saying "I'm not interested" and walking off. I have tried to ingrain this policy into my wife and she will still stop and listen to anyone that approaches her with a down-on-their luck story. Some people never learn.

Edited by TheDuke
musicman666

This type of scam has been going on in Ermita and Angeles City since the late 70's.

It was then centered around the Australian owned Hotel's and Clubs. (Kangaroo Club, Swagman, Clarkton Hotel, Randy Rams etc.)

The deal was to get the tourists and relieve them of their cash by various ways.

At the time they would use the same ruse (Hi Sir, Remember me I work at your Hotel etc.) and if the "mark" was gullible enough, they would then take you for a ride in a taxi to some place for a Massage or a friendly Game of Cards.

You would then lose what money you had on you and again if gullible enough they would take you to the Hotel to empty your safety deposit box.

I heard of a guy who got talked into the Card Game deal and was seen getting more cash together to go back and try again as he was sure he would have better luck the next time!

Looks like this tried and tested recipe is still working.

The old saying "There is one on every Airplane" is still true!

quite embarassing but on my first and only visit to angeles (visit to mount muntubu..the volcano) many years ago i ran into these guys ..it was an opening line along the lines of "i took your bags in at the hotel.. dont you remember me??" it was in the middle of the day and there where cards (i acctually thought i was supposed to be going to see my first chicken fight!!)... a bottle of coke that i refused to drink .. they even had the cheek to charge me for the bottle (1000 psesos) when they knew that i knew what was going on.. and then the gun came out when i refused to pay with the grandma and kids in the same room!!! it really is a family business.

they didnt get a penny because i made a point of not travelling with big cash when on foot... the only way i got dragged into that was because my alarm bells where going off from the get go but i had this naive idea that i shouldnt prejudge and give all cultures a fair shake .. boy was i wrong on that one.. but you live and learn.

when i reported this to the hotel.. they said it was good job it wasnt during the night as they recently had guests (ex marines) that where killed and dumped in a ditch ... they dont mind using guns at night apparently. The hotel might have warned the new guests dont you think??

occasionally around asia i hear the opening gambit "hello friend! dont you remember me..ect ect" ... which now gets a huge laugh.

Edited by musicman666
Tom in Texas

... girls put sedatives on their nipples, then encouraged guys to suck on them. They would wake up later without their valuables!

Dang... mystery solved!!! I thought I was just old and dozing off.

Tom in Texas

• Like 1