I direct filed for spousal visa at Manila

Stranded Shipscook
Now we gotta go to NSO and get a new copy of her original birth certificate as the DFA never gave her back her original we gave them for our passport (or our original wedding certificate for that matter). Now after this we have no NSO copies of our wedding certificate either. I wonder if this is a scam by the gov't where they take your originals so you have to keep ordering more copies from them.

Exactly. Order at least 3 of each now. I don't know how it is they can take originals like that. Surely would never happen in the US. But this ain't the US. Someday maybe the PI will figure out they don't need all these pieces of paper and move into the computer age but for now, it's a paper, multiple staple, white out, paperclip, folder, manual typewriter world.

??? now i am confused, isn't it the US Embassy mentioned here ?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnFromTexas

• Turbota

• Headshot

• shadow

shadow

That's correct. I've never gotten all circuits busy calling. May be an issue with the local telephone company in your area. I've used both skype and a PLDT calling card.

John, you must be a lucky man. I have been trying that number for a few weeks, and haven't gotten through. I get into their computer, but then when I hit "0" for the operator, all I get is a busy signal. I'm using my PLDT phone to call. I'm afraid I'm going to have to go back to Manila and talk with them. I sent the required stuff back in November (after I finally received the packet telling us the DCF application had been approved) and haven't received anything back from them. I started the process back in September.

Is there a "best" time-of-day to call the embassy to get through?

I agree that John must be lucky, because nobody else seems to be reporting being able to get through to the Embassy. Your petition seems to have fallen through the cracks of logistics limbo, and I'm not sure how to rattle it loose other than as you say a trip to the Embassy.

For comparison, a recent timeline;

Oct 23 DCF filed

Nov 18 received Packet 3 and approval notice

Dec 16 appointment letter received

Jan 22 interview

One day under 3 months from filing petition to interview.

Larry in Dumaguete

JohnFromTexas

Keep trying the phone... it always worked for me... yes occasionally you won't get through but when I didn't if I called back at 30-60 min intervals usually within 2 or 3 attempts I would get someone. I usually called between 11am and 3pm local philippines time. It takes patience.

Ours was under 3 months and realistically could've been 2 months if we played our cards right. It must be so much easier of a process if you live near manila and can go to the embassy though. If you go in person keep in mind the filing window is only open 8am-noon.

Headshot

Keep trying the phone... it always worked for me... yes occasionally you won't get through but when I didn't if I called back at 30-60 min intervals usually within 2 or 3 attempts I would get someone. I usually called between 11am and 3pm local philippines time. It takes patience.

Ours was under 3 months and realistically could've been 2 months if we played our cards right. It must be so much easier of a process if you live near manila and can go to the embassy though. If you go in person keep in mind the filing window is only open 8am-noon.

John, what is the website again?

Stranded Shipscook

It might give you some satisfaction, that the German Embassy is not much different.

Yes, you get through to their "Hotlines"on the same day. just to find out that those are private Callcenters with VERY EXPENSIVE minute rates, YOU pay of course.

For some reasons (guess why) the phone conversations seem to break of within a few minutes, SMART, GLOBE, PLDT, Celphones, Landlines, we tried the all with the same results.

When you get connected again, the Questioning starts again and the minutes are ticking,

But eventually one gets his appointment.

At the second time i had to to avail of them for their services, i emailed them directly with highlighted excerpts on the laws concerning my request and some other legal BS and got a phonecall from the vice consul within one hour. It took me however two days to research all those stuff from the internet and write the email...:thats-funny:

A tactic maybe not advisable if your request could be denied, which wasn't in my case as i was married already.