Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Xoom sucks 3 - One from Paul

mpt1947

Geeesssh, I hope I do not get banned like you guys.

No reason, no explanation whatsoever?

That's even worse than a boyfriend telling you he doesn't love you anymore, no reason, no explanation, no hints, 'nada'.

This makes me really nervous.

I am enjoying the convenience and super fast service yet.

In just 2 seconds, money can be picked up.

I do however like the idea of more disgruntled xoom customers.

They just increased the fee... from $4.99 to $7.99.

And their exchange rate still suck big time.

And hardly any coupon codes laying around. :biggrin_01:

So keep it coming!!!

This company is becoming an airhead.

The rise in fees should be no surprise,its all connected to the GREEDY Banking fraternity,who threw billions down the drain,and expect Joe public to pick up the tab.

Maybe time to search out alternatives :biggrin_01:

As some one who spent over 20 yrs working in Transaction Processing for a BIG BANK, I am shocked, I tell you I am shocked with your attitude.....

Now if I may make a suggestion - check out your local credit unions - there are fees, but they are reasonable and like a bank, if you can maintain the minimum balances they are waived -

My credit union (will not make a referral on the public board) bends over backward to keep me happy - I asked them the other day if they had any relationships with Philippine Banks, so I could get out of paying the $5 ATM Fees - no they didn't but I was informed that I had earned enough "relationship points" that I could have some of these fees reimbursed, even if coming from other banks.

So check out your Credit Unions -

Mike

Edited by mpt1947

Ozepete

Geeesssh, I hope I do not get banned like you guys.

No reason, no explanation whatsoever?

That's even worse than a boyfriend telling you he doesn't love you anymore, no reason, no explanation, no hints, 'nada'.

This makes me really nervous.

I am enjoying the convenience and super fast service yet.

In just 2 seconds, money can be picked up.

I do however like the idea of more disgruntled xoom customers.

They just increased the fee... from $4.99 to $7.99.

And their exchange rate still suck big time.

And hardly any coupon codes laying aroun

So keep it coming!!!

This company is becoming an airhead.

The rise in fees should be no surprise,its all connected to the GREEDY Banking fraternity,who threw billions down the drain,and expect Joe public to pick up the tab.

Maybe time to search out alternatives :biggrin_01:

As some one who spent over 20 yrs working in Transaction Processing for a BIG BANK, I am shocked, I tell you I am shocked with your attitude.....

Now if I may make a suggestion - check out your local credit unions - there are fees, but they are reasonable and like a bank, if you can maintain the minimum balances they are waived -

My credit union (will not make a referral on the public board) bends over backward to keep me happy - I asked them the other day if they had any relationships with Philippine Banks, so I could get out of paying the $5 ATM Fees - no they didn't but I was informed that I had earned enough "relationship points" that I could have some of these fees reimbursed, even if coming from other banks.

So check out your Credit Unions -

Mike

Stuff the banks...

I just paid a Cebu supplier a little over p67K. I used exchange4free to send peso to the suppliers bank with dollars from my aussie bank.

The supplier gets the full 67K with no deductions from exchange4free, there are NO fees and their exchange rate is 1.1 pesos per dollar better than my aussie bank!

If I had paid via the bank, I would have lost 1733 peso on the difference in the exchange rates and a further 1032peso ($24.00) my bank charges.

That is a total of 2765 peso (or >4%) I would have lost using the bank. Money I prefer not to donate to banks!

I wonder how many millions of peso are lost daily by hard working overseas Filipinos sending money home via systems that take unfair advantage of them?

Edited by Ozepete

Paul

This is what I'm talkin' about baby!

Click here to view.

tom_shor

Hey now you are on the first page twice. :banghead:

Terry

Well I for one and OVERJOYED that there is at least one company willing to rid itself of those less worthy. It's about time companies started catering to those of us MUCH more deserving of premium service and quality.

:steve::steve::steve::steve:

:banghead::itsokay::itsokay:

T

WOW, I actually got this written BEFORE I started laughing so hard I couldn't type.

:banghead:

Paul

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I hear ya.

You are probably in the "Xoom Pot" right along with us, but don't want to admit to being one of us "undesirables".