Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Advertising without permission.

Paul

So...I thought rule number one is:

1. If you post an ad in this forum without expressed consent from the administrators, you will be banned. This is a Zero Tolerance Rule.

And yet...somebody just broke this rule and he is still posting on the forum. Maybe these things just take time.

I can only assume that you don't like Steve for whatever reason(s).

Yes, that is the rule, and, I PMed him regarding it. I also made a point to tell him that, many times in the past, I have immediately banned people for breaking that rule.

Since I pay the light bill around here, I figure it is my right to decide who I ban and who I don't. If you, for example, had broken the rule, I would not have banned you either, because you are an active member of this forum and have contributed quite a bit since joining.

Fair enough, Paul. It is your forum and you can run it however you see fit. I really don't dislike Steve. I have no feelings about him either way. However, I value this forum...and if he (or anybody) gives advice that is questionable, or if what I thought was a cardinal rule is broken, I will comment on it. I hope you don't see me as a zealot for that. I'm not. Whatever you decide to do is fine with me.

Not at all. I appreciate your candor.

Headshot

I would imagine that somebody will comment if I give bad advice or break rules, as well. I get corrected from time-to-time. I don't take it personally.

Edited by Headshot

TheMatrix

I know in the past, I have posted my health rants with a strong emphasis on following them.

In those posts, I did my best to "sell" and convince others that these methods work because I had experienced such a transformation myself. (You can see that I was selling hard in those old threads.)

I didn't know it, but I guess I was borderline "selling" back then and could have been banned. Yikes!

Enthusiasm can be easily interpreted as selling! Language is everything. Whether we like it or not, every time we attempt to communicate our position on a matter, we are selling.

-

Edited by SteveMatrix
  • Like 3

Headshot

Enthusiasm can be easily interpreted as selling!

Steve, nobody would ever say you are not enthusiastic.

andre007

I agree there is a fine line and there are clear rules to follow but the pot should not call the kettle black either.. Rules also say something like don't police the forum or you will getting banned also. I see people always sneakingly trying to rat out others when that is also a forum no-no. Why not just PM admin and let admin deal with it. I see no reason to make personal attacks as what was done to myself last week when in fact I was in constant contact with ADMIN about any type of advertising.

I stopped posting in many forums for this reason. It becomes all about ratting out each other, name calling and trying to discredit somebody instead of maybe helping a fellow member out.

The PM system works very well here and maybe we should use it more. I moved to the Philippines to get away from "PEYTON PLACE" and enjoy my life.

I would like to thank Paul because he is always consistent with his rules. I may not like them all but he is consistent.

To make it easier and clear I think for someone like myself who paid to advertise is to get a special flash message from Paul saying:

Hi, This is Paul and I approve this message....LOL

D_D

Is it possible you make it so it is obvious the are a paid advertiser. Like make a usergroup or badge.

Paul

Most people here may not know, but I met Andre some time back. I got the entire story about what happened, and what didn't.

As far as I am concerned, it is over and done with.

There is nothing, and I repeat, NOTHING to be gained from continually bringing that mess up.

I have deleted the offending thread, banned Don from this topic, and will IMMEDIATELY ban anyone else who brings this up again, ANYWHERE on this forum. It is senseless, and is not productive in any way, shape, or form.

Case closed.

Is it possible you make it so it is obvious the are a paid advertiser. Like make a usergroup or badge.

Yes, I suppose I could do that. I will ponder over it, as it seems like a good idea.

Of course, we need another usergroup about like we need another hole in our heads.

Ricbak

I agree there is a fine line and there are clear rules to follow but the pot should not call the kettle black either.. Rules also say something like don't police the forum or you will getting banned also. I see people always sneakingly trying to rat out others when that is also a forum no-no. Why not just PM admin and let admin deal with it. I see no reason to make personal attacks as what was done to myself last week when in fact I was in constant contact with ADMIN about any type of advertising.

I stopped posting in many forums for this reason. It becomes all about ratting out each other, name calling and trying to discredit somebody instead of maybe helping a fellow member out.

The PM system works very well here and maybe we should use it more. I moved to the Philippines to get away from "PEYTON PLACE" and enjoy my life.

I would like to thank Paul because he is always consistent with his rules. I may not like them all but he is consistent.

To make it easier and clear I think for someone like myself who paid to advertise is to get a special flash message from Paul saying:

I was the one who asked the question about whether Steve Matrixs post on Sheep farming was an advertising or not.

For the record I did TRY to send a PM to Paul regarding this..........but got a little message stating this service was not available..........maybe Pauls inbox was full.

Ricbak

• Like 1

RogerDuMond

Yes, I suppose I could do that. I will ponder over it, as it seems like a good idea.

Of course, we need another usergroup about like we need another hole in our heads.

Oh no, here we go again. Paul is going to make a change and we will all wake up the next day to find the forum broken. :D :D

Paul

I was the one who asked the question about whether Steve Matrixs post on Sheep farming was an advertising or not.

For the record I did TRY to send a PM to Paul regarding this..........but got a little message stating this service was not available..........maybe Pauls inbox was full.

Ricbak

Yes, I have to delete some of my messages. 1500 is the limit I set a while back, for my inbox.

Oh no, here we go again. Paul is going to make a change and we will all wake up the next day to find the forum broken. :D :D

See? This proves you have not been paying attention. If you had been, you would know that, officially, broden is the one who is blamed now.

You are like way back in 2009, man. Come to the future, would ya?

RogerDuMond

See? This proves you have not been paying attention. If you had been, you would know that, officially, broden is the one who is blamed now.

Hey I am still in the past, trying to get to the present, and can't even contemplate the future. At my age everything I have moves slowly.

• Like 1

Paul

Hey I am still in the past, trying to get to the present, and can't even contemplate the future. At my age everything I have moves slowly.

One day, when I am as old as you are now (maybe next century?) I will probably be able to relate. :D

Paul

Well, Andre, I have to give you credit. Right, wrong, or indifferent, you at least do not hide behind an alternate username or alias.

• Like 1

broden

it's difficult to change such a long standing and time honored tradition

Paul

Classified Ads, for example, are not advertisements that should be paid for. Selling your personal home or property is accepted.

Selling services, eBooks, anything that you have written or created, etc., is advertising.

For example, Andre is selling DNA testing kits. He has paid for advertising in order to do so.

Andrew buys used cars. He paid for a thread and a block on the portal as his package.

Trust me, the rate I charge (Php 10,000 / year for this site), is pretty cheap advertising. And, advertisers get the satisfaction of knowing those fees go to help others in the Philippines.

Incidentally, if any "free" ads become abused, then I can stop them just as easily as they were allowed.

can i pay for 1 month and if so how much is 1 month

No amount of Money.

You are banned for attempting to advertise, having contacted me later, after the fact.

Edited by Admin