Sign in to follow this  
USMC-Retired

Slingbox service

USMC-Retired

You can use it anywhere in the world. It is just software that you set up on your computer. Then it works.

I tested out the service Norseman is offering and it works just as he says it does. The picture quality was excellent, I could choose from hundreds of channels, and it was very easy to set up.

Even though it works very well, its not worth the cost to me. The only benefit to it for me would be watching US sporting events live. Personally, I'm happy using BitTorrent to download the US TV shows that I want to see. I can also download NFL games from BitTorrent if there is a game I really want to see.

There are other options for this and I am working on an installer so that everything you need can be installed. If you were not in Manila I would be able to set this up here.

sjp

You can use it anywhere in the world. It is just software that you set up on your computer. Then it works.

I tested out the service Norseman is offering and it works just as he says it does. The picture quality was excellent, I could choose from hundreds of channels, and it was very easy to set up.

Even though it works very well, its not worth the cost to me. The only benefit to it for me would be watching US sporting events live. Personally, I'm happy using BitTorrent to download the US TV shows that I want to see. I can also download NFL games from BitTorrent if there is a game I really want to see.

There are other options for this and I am working on an installer so that everything you need can be installed. If you were not in Manila I would be able to set this up here.

Can you download movies and shows to your hard drive and how much space do you have for each person on the server for movie downloads. Is the picture quality close to a real directtv signal on a tv. and can I put the program on my home computer and my laptop and use which ever one I want ? I might be interested in getting it.

tim

This is month to month prepaid cancel anytime. The equipment is owned. You are out of pocket the cost of subscription no more.

The nice thing about slingbox it adjusts for your bandwidth. On my Iphone I can stream using the edge network. Quality is not the best however it is there.

I recommend at least 1MB. It will load like you are at home changing channels. My pipe back home is symmetrical 8MB up and 8MB down. This giving you the faster time to get to a new channel.

tim

sorry for a dumb question , but if we come to cebu on a visit and stay at a hotel (likey the DIPLOMAT) could we get the service for 1 month without having to bring anything - special equipment- with us from the usa ? besides a laptop computer ?

would your system work with-in a hotel ? if the hotel offered free wifi, (or i could always take the laptop to somewhere where there is free wifi) could I watch USA tv on your system ? ... We could even pay the hotel for the wifi... i think the diplomat charged about 250 php for 3 hours... ? just wondering...

thanks

Edited by tim

USMC-Retired

Answering Tim and Sjp questions.

Yes you can download to your HD. You can figure this out for yourself. You can figure that for each hour of time you will download 400MB. However I do not understand why when you have free server space for later viewing. You have to have a sling box recorder to accomplish this or an aftermarket software.

If you are in Cebu and want to use it in a Hotel the system works. Depending on your speed will determine your quality. However I always recommend at least 1MB of speed. If you have less speed then you will notice a signification drop in quality. Go to speedtest.net and then you can test your speed.

Now I will address another issue that someone brought up. Hulu service. You can use Hulu for free with a VPN ($5.00 a month). However you can not see the past shows unless you pay another $5.00 a month. So that is $10.00 a month. I have a way to address this and watch all those shows free. There are about 250 dramas from Hawaii 50 to Leverage or Lost. All seasons and latest shows. Just contact me via PM I can tell you if you favorite is available. Though this option I can not tell you how to setup. I must do it as it is in Chinese though once setup up it is easy to use.

This will stream on your computer or TV depending on applicable setup.

Paul I will set you up as you want all justified and 2 and half men. All seasons streaming for you. LOL

Edited by Norseman

sjp

Answering Tim and Sjp questions.

Yes you can download to your HD. You can figure this out for yourself. You can figure that for each hour of time you will download 400MB. However I do not understand why when you have free server space for later viewing. You have to have a sling box recorder to accomplish this or an aftermarket software.

If you are in Cebu and want to use it in a Hotel the system works. Depending on your speed will determine your quality. However I always recommend at least 1MB of speed. If you have less speed then you will notice a signification drop in quality. Go to speedtest.net and then you can test your speed.

Now I will address another issue that someone brought up. Hulu service. You can use Hulu for free with a VPN ($5.00 a month). However you can not see the past shows unless you pay another $5.00 a month. So that is $10.00 a month. I have a way to address this and watch all those shows free. There are about 250 dramas from Hawaii 50 to Leverage or Lost. All seasons and latest shows. Just contact me via PM I can tell you if you favorite is available. Though this option I can not tell you how to setup. I must do it as it is in Chinese though once setup up it is easy to use.

This will stream on your computer or TV depending on applicable setup.

Paul I will set you up as you want all justified and 2 and half men. All seasons streaming for you. LOL

i sent you a pm on this direct tv

USMC-Retired

Since you are in Canada I gave you the email of another person providing service again since the time zone issues. I could not provide you the best possible service. She is also a cheaper by a bit. Hope you enjoy.... Tim

fredanna

This is month to month prepaid cancel anytime. The equipment is owned. You are out of pocket the cost of subscription no more.

The nice thing about slingbox it adjusts for your bandwidth. On my Iphone I can stream using the edge network. Quality is not the best however it is there.

I recommend at least 1MB. It will load like you are at home changing channels. My pipe back home is symmetrical 8MB up and 8MB down. This giving you the faster time to get to a new channel.

Well Tim I would thank you and I do not even live there. It seems that it is a convenient way to watch something better than ABSCBN. Mind numbing crap from Phils TV. Someone on this thread mentioned HDTV. I see them all over in SM Mall but anything on the air/cable/internet???? I am surprised that there is anything like this which is a huge bandwidth hog on a internet backbone in a country that can't even keep the lights on for one month straight.

Fred

randallparker

Please contact me with more information regarding current pricing. I am in Makati, but I would like a chance to try the service on my computer before buying, if that is possible.

I have a fiber-optic 4Mbps up/down connection through PLDT.

Thank you.

USMC-Retired

I have a full plate right now. I only have 4 boxes and they are taken with a waiting list. I have some others that provide the service. However I am unsure today of the reliability. One has not answered a few emails when I referred however her service is good. If you want Email me at timpotte at yahoo dot com and I will send there information.

The cost for me on the service is expensive. If others want to get details on how the service works or interested it does have a profitability factor.

Currently I make about 3200 pesos a month on my investment of 21,000 pesos. However my capital to reinvest is gone with a baby on the way.

Let me clarify. I do not want you to invest with me. I can tell you how to do it. There is a huge market for this and you can make money as a revune source while in the PH.

I figured if I double my boxes my profits would triple.

Edited by Norseman

woaivip

Hello, I'm very interested in your service! Please contact me: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, I want American slingbox hosting services all the channels! I love watching American television

Edited by Admin
Removed email address. Please read the RULES!