Paintball / Airsoft as defense weapon

thebob

All projectile weapons need a permit, as do non working replicas, but this is often not enforced at the point of sale except for fire arms.

As is the case with many things here, there are a huge amount of overlapping/conflicting laws and ordinances passed from the barrangy level all the way up to the supreme court.

Even if you ask at a police station you will only get the opinion of the officer in charge.

Your best bet for distance protection "may" be a wrist rocket type slingshot (catapult) and a supply of large ball bearings.

• Like 1
the.lone.gunman

It seems, for most of you, that the subject & question asked has been completely overlooked.

Ok. I don't want or believe in having a lethal weapon such as a gun in the house. I also don't want to start yet ANOTHER thread on why we need or should be allowed them here. What I want to ask is, where do Paintball guns or Airsoft guns fit into this as a means of non lethal protection like this for example:

I haven't asked how much more effective a shotgun would be etc. I want to know if they are or are not legal for foreigners to own as a NON LETHAL weapon (you know as an alternative to a baseball bat :baseballbat:, pepper spray etc which require close proximity) to perhaps scare off a sneak thief (again not talking about someone pumped up on shabu). I have heard of gangs using kids to climb in through window to unlock door for example.

BigRob says you must be a citizen but offers no supporting info & recommends a tazer (is THAT legal) & Mailman implies that Paintball are legal.

So can members answer the OP & leave the Macho Dirty Harry "this is a .44 magnum the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya, punk?" aside for once & just stick to the topic? Or do I just assume you just don't actually know the answer. :scratch_head:

Uzi

Just get a baseball bat. Practice your swing.

rfm010

So can members answer the OP & leave the Macho Dirty Harry "this is a .44 magnum the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya, punk?" aside for once & just stick to the topic?

obviously not...

but now you have me interested in the question. seems to me that, given that i won't be allowed to have a real gun in the house, a decent facsimile could be useful. the average intruder seeing a gun will not take the time to figure out if it is real or not. and if they choose to hang around to find out, being struck by a projectile like a paint ball may cause them to pause just long enough for me to initiate plan 2. kick some ass or get the hell out, whichever circumstances warrant.

so thanks for the question, hope you can get a good answer. i'm guessing thebob's answer is correct but i hope not. i have found that the tubing for wristrockets becomes brittle here rather quickly...

• Like 1
smokey

i think if you pull out a air soft weapon you will only make the guy real mad unless you are such a good shot you can hit him in the eye... me i am not that good of a shot

ok so you can not own a toy gun

what works for me is a decoy set in the yard with a nice night light shinning on it

it works like this

put the display on a pedestal in the yard some where where the bad guy can find it

say you leave some interesting trinkits in a bowl

now at the base of this provide a mote filled with gold fish

now when the bad guy steps into the water to collect the spoils of the evening from the display table he gets the shock of his life...because you have supplied 220 volts to the prize.

what works for me is a decoy set in the yard with a nice night light shinning on it

it works like this

put the display on a pedestal in the yard some where where the bad guy can find it

now when the bad guy steps into the water to collect the spoils of the evening from the display table he gets the shock of his life...because you have supplied 220 volts to the prize.

I LIKE it :rofl:

tom_shor

it works like this

I LIKE it :rofl:

Not a bad idea as long as it is the bad guy. What if it's the neighbors 4 year old? I know the ;aw in the US frowns on booby traps. Better check your local laws on that.

Would work for a plain everyday thief but a shabu crazed druggie would go nuts and they dont feel pain ...

An actual Tazer does not depend on pain for compliance, although the "discomfort" is a big part of the overall effect.