Paintball / Airsoft as defense weapon

Ok. I don't want or believe in having a lethal weapon such as a gun in the house. I also don't want to start yet ANOTHER thread on why we need or should be allowed them here. What I want to ask is, where do Paintball guns or Airsoft guns fit into this as a means of non lethal protection like this for example:

T68_self_defense_paintball_gun.jpg

I know of foreigners who are active players of Paintball / Airsoft but what does the law say of us owning & keeping in the house. What about effectiveness (I know both will hurt if on the receiving end) versus pepper spray or a good old baseball bat.?

Of those three, I would opt for the baseball bat. Can you get a Tazer there? A police model will stop an intruder, if he's not armed with a handgun and fires first.

Edited by Willie

You could combine two of the methods mentioned by getting pepper spray balls for the paintball gun.

smokey

Would work for a plain everyday thief but a shabu crazed druggie would go nuts and they dont feel pain with all that go juice flowing thru their body... for them you need at least a 38 , 9, of the best for last a 45... and yes a shot gun will also do the trick but hopefully you will not need to use it in the house ,,,, pellets bouncing off the walls ...

You need to be a Filipino Citizen to purchase this...requires permit.

You can always get a tazer or pepper spray. But if its all about maintaining your machismo factor...just hire a body guard.

Edited by BigRob
smokey

You need to be a Filipino Citizen to purchase this...requires permit.

You can always get a tazer or pepper spray. But if its all about maintaining your machismo factor...just hire a body guard.

not fair really to think unless your Filipino your not trust worthy but hey what the heck lucky for me my wife has a permit and lets me keep HER gun on my side of the bed... ((( of course i would not have a gun if i had small children in all the years i have been here i only needed to flash it one time at some guys sitting outside of my house ....... My wife used it to try to shot a snake ... i did say try and complained about the ringing in her ears for days..

Headshot

Do you guys really feel so threatened in your own homes that you think you need a weapon? Personally, if I felt that threatened, I might just reconsider the neighborhood I live in. Most homes here have security bars over the windows and good locks (and deadbolts) on the doors. Isn't that good enough? Unless you're involved in something bad, it isn't really very likely that you will be targeted by somebody willing to actually break in with you at home (and if you aren't at home when they break in, it is likely the weapon will be stolen).

musicman666

Do you guys really feel so threatened in your own homes that you think you need a weapon? Personally, if I felt that threatened, I might just reconsider the neighborhood I live in. Most homes here have security bars over the windows and good locks (and deadbolts) on the doors. Isn't that good enough? Unless you're involved in something bad, it isn't really very likely that you will be targeted by somebody willing to actually break in with you at home (and if you aren't at home when they break in, it is likely the weapon will be stolen).

agreed!!

agreed!!

Not every victim of a home invasion feels threatened before it happens. They were happening all over the "safe" areas of suburban Charlotte, NC when I lived there a few years back. I would rather be prepared and have nothing happen, than have something happen and not be prepared.

tom_shor

True home invasions are usually a surprise. I am not paranoid.(Even though I know everyone is out to get me) but it never hurts to be prepared. Rather than a paint ball or air soft which would more likely just make them mad I would prefer something that causes more damage. Guns are excellent for this but not necessary. There are plenty of other useful items for self defense bat, nara walking stick, bamboo walking stick, bolo, shovel to name but a few.

The most important question would be are you willing to use it. If you are not willing to inflict harm then better to give them what they want and hope they will leave without hurting anyone.

Airsoft guns require permits but the old paintball style guns do not. Splatmasters. Anyone remember those?

As these types of threads always spin-off into debates about guns and their need or usage, I really have only one thing to say: The only people who should be concerned or interested in what I use as a defensive weapon(s) within the boundaries of our property and how I employ it(them) are myself, my family, and whoever feels the need to intrude upon the refuge of our home with malicious intent. Everyone else can just f*** off because, in the event that should it ever be necessary, you won't be there to help.

Edited by Mailman
  • Like 1
smokey

a weapon in the house is no different then car insurance or health insurance you hope you never need them but if you do your sure glad you have them

Ozepete

Imagine this home invasion:

Male home owner has a blue paint gun and his partner has a red one.

All is well until one night the armed bad guys break in and it's slpot, bang, bang, splot, splash, bang, bang.

Very handy those pain guns cos after removing the home owners bodies, the PNP will be able to establish that they need to find a perpetrator painted red and one painted blue...

Best go back to the pointed stick!!!stick_poke.gif And better still a double barrel shotie!

Edited by Ozepete
  • Like 1
the.lone.gunman

Sticks and stones, paint ball guns, pepper spray and mace, will not deter a truly motivated, crazed, or drugged attacker. Even 9mm and 38 rounds will not stop a motivated , crazed or drugged attacker in his tracks 100% of the time. A 12 gauge loaded with slug or buck will stop their forward progress if you hit him center mass. 100% of the time. Pump action, 8 round capacity is best. Buy a set of electronic noise canceling earmuffs and put them on if you have time. The blast in a closed room is truly deafening.

It seems, for most of you, that the subject & question asked has been completely overlooked.

Ok. I don't want or believe in having a lethal weapon such as a gun in the house. I also don't want to start yet ANOTHER thread on why we need or should be allowed them here. What I want to ask is, where do Paintball guns or Airsoft guns fit into this as a means of non lethal protection like this for example:

I haven't asked how much more effective a shotgun would be etc. I want to know if they are or are not legal for foreigners to own as a NON LETHAL weapon (you know as an alternative to a baseball bat :baseballbat:, pepper spray etc which require close proximity) to perhaps scare off a sneak thief (again not talking about someone pumped up on shabu). I have heard of gangs using kids to climb in through window to unlock door for example.

BigRob says you must be a citizen but offers no supporting info & recommends a tazer (is THAT legal) & Mailman implies that Paintball are legal.

So can members answer the OP & leave the Macho Dirty Harry "this is a .44 magnum the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya, punk?" aside for once & just stick to the topic? Or do I just assume you just don't actually know the answer. :scratch_head:

Uzi