Sign in to follow this  
udonthani

abandoned baby syndrome

lazydays

As for filipino guys who desert their pregnant girlfriends,i don't think there are strong enough laws to make them accountable,secondly,many are not working and have no money,foreigners do.

udonthani

I don't think there's any kind of enforcement at all for child support in most if not all cases.

a girl I know got pregnant by this Filipino in Lutopan township in Cebu, he told her he was through with her as soon as she told him she was pregnant, he went off and got another girlfriend, and got her pregnant three months later.

girl #1 delivers in Oct 09, girl #2 in Jan 10. While the Filipino guy has no money, Girl #2 has a bit of money in the family, and what with Lutopan being so small, Girl #1, who is almost totally broke, has to watch Girl #2 have all sorts of stuff for her baby that she can't afford for hers, and can't do anything about it.

Mailman

After starting with a helpful and informative post, this thread rapidly degenerated into discussions about one members...member.

Now personally I have no interest whatsoever in any other guys "attributes", but if thats what rocks your boat....

However, it was certainly off topic, so several posts, plus those that refered to them, deleted.

I think you could have done that without getting your own insult/opinion on the matter included as the last word.

At least I have my PM to remind of it. Did you get one too? :steve:

SouthernCruise

As for filipino guys who desert their pregnant girlfriends,i don't think there are strong enough laws to make them accountable,secondly,many are not working and have no money,foreigners do.

Too bad its always the women who carry it for 9 months. That's long enough for a guy to hide. For every action, there's always a consequences.

If that's their FATE.... I know lots of professional women married to a jobless guy. That must be called LOVE, and he is called house husband. biggrin_01.gif No law is needed.

broden

if a guy has no money all the laws in the world aren't going to accomplish much and if he just damn sure doesn't want to be there the kid will be better off with out him

smokey

better still, at least if you're from the UK, all you have to do is attend a family planning clinic shortly before you leave for the Philippines.

if you tell them you're going to south east Asia for a longish period, they won't mess about and will straight away hand over as many condoms as you want for free. Hundreds. They'll even give you the large ones that are hard to find in Asia if you ask them.

this topic is in the contraceptive forum for a reason.

:scratch_head::thats-funny::biggrin_01::biggrin_01::biggrin_01::biggrin_01::biggrin_01::biggrin_01:

Edited by robert51
  • Like 1

Cairnsman

The Hague Convention can only be invoked in another country AFTER a court in the woman's home country has actually issued a legally binding order for the man to pay child support.

I know very little about the law in the Philippines regarding proof of paternity but here in Australia the woman would have to PROVE that a particular man was the father of the child.

DNA testing costs about 10,000 I think, but not sure of the precise cost. The National Bureau of Investigation can do the testing and testify as expert witness. If the DNA test matches, she can definitely claim.

It's all well and good to talk about DNA results being used as evidence BUT if the man is no longer present in the woman's country, how can she possibly get a certifiable DNA sample?

A DNA sample needs to be certified - someone who has a certain level of legally recognised authority (such as a doctor) has to certify that the sample tested definitely came from a particular person.

Here in Australia, if a woman took along, for example, a hair brush for DNA testing claiming that the hairbrush belonged to a man who impregnated her but has since left the country, such DNA sample could not be certified and would not be recognised by the courts.

The full wording of the applicable Hague Convention can be read here:- http://www.hcch.net/...ons.text&cid=85

• Like 2

Cipro
Any adult ... is entitled to ....

This phrase precedes so many vile statements. Entitled indeed.

• Like 1

ArieBombarie

if a guy has no money all the laws in the world aren't going to accomplish much and if he just damn sure doesn't want to be there the kid will be better off with out him

yep in a lot of cases the guy doing a runner is a blessing in disguise

udonthani

well it's definitely not all that uncommon. I've had two PM's from people, neither of whom was the guy that started the thread that inspired me to start this one, asking for that lawyers details. They both knew some poor girl that had been left in the lurch by some foreigner.

fact is guys can go to the Philippines and shag 20 women a month without using condoms or any other kind of contraception if they want to, without trying too hard, and without barfining either, and I'm sure quite a few avail themselves of the opportunity if they're self indulgent enough. It stands to reason that at least some of the women are going to get pregnant.

lazydays

All i can add is,

"A decent man will take full responsibility for his actions".

Those who wish to act like demented schoolboys in a candy store,should remember "What goes around,comes around".Karma.

• Like 1