Sign in to follow this  
udonthani

abandoned baby syndrome

udonthani

somebody posted a topic here about some UK guy getting a Boholana pregnant and then pissing off back home and washing his hands of the matter. For reasons best known to themselves, one of the moderators decided to lock it.

I got back to a friend who works as a lawyer in the office of the Solicitor General in Manila who came back with the following advice :

i]Yes, there are legal remedies available for her. She could file a petition for support in the local court here if she couldn't locate the man, she could tell her lawyer to avail of the benefits of The Hague Treaty which is about recovery of support from a foreign national, under which treaty the UK govt is bound to locate him for her. Unfortunately she really needs the assistance of a lawyer for all these. She could go to the Public Attorney's Office in Tagbilaran City and seek assistance there. She could tell the PAO lawyer to call me if he needs to ask anything about the treaty. You could give my contact details to her so that if she needs to ask anything I can easily answer her queries in the local dialect.[/i]

I asked her what is to stop the guy from turning round and claiming the baby is not his, to which she replied :

DNA testing costs about 10,000 I think, but not sure of the precise cost. The National Bureau of Investigation can do the testing and testify as expert witness. If the DNA test matches, she can definitely claim. She could arrange to pay the PAO lawyer a certain portion of the award so that the PAO lawyer would have an incentive. If PAO will not accept her case, she could let me know and I might be able to arrange an appointment with one of my colleagues.

• Like 6

Cary

Thanks for this Udonthani.

udonthani

better still, at least if you're from the UK, all you have to do is attend a family planning clinic shortly before you leave for the Philippines.

if you tell them you're going to south east Asia for a longish period, they won't mess about and will straight away hand over as many condoms as you want for free. Hundreds. They'll even give you the large ones that are hard to find in Asia if you ask them.

this topic is in the contraceptive forum for a reason.

• Like 1

Athena

better still, at least if you're from the UK, all you have to do is attend a family planning clinic shortly before you leave for the Philippines.

if you tell them you're going to south east Asia for a longish period, they won't mess about and will straight away hand over as many condoms as you want for free. Hundreds. They'll even give you the large ones that are hard to find in Asia if you ask them.

hmmmmmmm ............. really??????

But isnt that abusing the system when you can well afford your own supply?!

• Like 1

udonthani

hmmmmmmm ............. really??????

But isnt that abusing the system when you can well afford your own supply?!

of course it isn't. Any adult in the UK is entitled to go to a family planning clinic and get whatever condoms they need free of charge. It's a simple matter of public health, which the Philippines would do well to emulate.

usually they give you batches of 30, that are supposed to last a month. When I tell them I need three or four months supply they give me three or four batches. Also, you can just ask for large ones if you need them, which are unavailable to buy in most UK chemists' shops.

if I was to rely only on condoms bought in south east Asia, instead of bringing my own, at least half of the time they would split.

udonthani

back to the topic, I'm still getting texts from my Filipina legal eagle about this (I met her and her husband, who is also a lawyer but a prosecutor with the Department of Justice, in Boracay on their honeymoon six years ago).

I asked her if any countries were NOT signatories to the 2007 Hague Treaty that covers international child support issues.

all of the major ones are, except one - Japan.

but in their case, it's not because they are being in some way evasive or don't want to assume responsibility, but because they have their OWN version of the treaty which makes it much easier for Filipinas who have gotten pregnant by disappearing Japanese guys to get child support than it is when they're Europeans, Americans, Koreans, etc.

Headshot

What in the Hell does any of this drivel have to do with abandoned babies? This thread was supposed to address parents abandoning babies. Don't use this thread to attack Udonthani's self-perceived grandeur (or is that how others perceive him). In any case, Udonthani's size is NOT the issue on this thread.

Now...get :scratch_head:

Edited by Headshot

Cary

I'm just glad that the RP does have something in place for these girls.

Edited by Cary

udonthani

actually I'd have just sent the guy who posted the other thread a PM with the contact details of the lawyer in Manila for the girl in Bohol rather than post a new topic if I could have done - but he didn't have enough posts for that.

the lawyer has made chasing up foreigners that impregnate Filipinas and abandon them something of an issue, but I have to say that when I said what does she do when it's a Filipino guy that does the incredible disappearing act from the province and goes off to live in Manila or Qatar, abandoning the girl and the baby - and who must outnumber the non-Filipinos by at least 20 or 30 to one - her campaigning zeal seemed to disipate quite sharply.

• Like 1

CardiacKid

actually I'd have just sent the guy who posted the other thread a PM with the contact details of the lawyer in Manila for the girl in Bohol rather than post a new topic if I could have done - but he didn't have enough posts for that.

the lawyer has made chasing up foreigners that impregnate Filipinas and abandon them something of an issue, but I have to say that when I said what does she do when it's a Filipino guy that does the incredible disappearing act from the province and goes off to live in Manila or Qatar, abandoning the girl and the baby - and who must outnumber the non-Filipinos by at least 20 or 30 to one - her campaigning zeal seemed to disipate quite sharply.

Demonizing foreigners seems to be a pastime here. I would wonder if she displays the same campaigning zeal when it comes to publicizing the number of illegitimate Filipino children who are adopted by foreigners who marry the mother. Probably little political or financial gain in that. Political ambitions and publicity are far more important than the welfare of the child. I would have to question your 20-30 to 1 ratio. To me, it seems much higher. Otherwise, why would Filipino birth certificates have a block on them to indicate if the birth was legitimate or illegitimate. It would seem that forcing Filipino fathers to support their children would be a much higher priority.

• Like 1

udonthani

Demonizing foreigners seems to be a pastime here. I would wonder if she displays the same campaigning zeal when it comes to publicizing the number of illegitimate Filipino children who are adopted by foreigners who marry the mother. Probably little political or financial gain in that. Political ambitions and publicity are far more important than the welfare of the child. I would have to question your 20-30 to 1 ratio. To me, it seems much higher. Otherwise, why would Filipino birth certificates have a block on them to indicate if the birth was legitimate or illegitimate. It would seem that forcing Filipino fathers to support their children would be a much higher priority.

good point. Runaway Filipinos are a much more pressing problem. In the past two years I've personally had four - yes, four - exes, that have now become single mothers to Filipinos, that have either disappeared, or took up with some other girl in the barangay and in one case at least, got the new girl pregnant as well.

at least none of them tried to turn round and say the babies were mine, though that has happened to me before.

and it's not just the irresponsibility of the guys that is the problem. It's the in many cases 'compulsive motherhood' syndrome of the girls as well. I'm texting with someone now, she's on Facebook, never met her, and she's actually said that she wants a white baby - and this is when she's still breastfeeding the pinoy one!!

and get this. She's a qualified nurse. There's about 150 photos of her graduating on her Facebook page. You might think she might know better when she's a nurse. You might think, that being a nurse, she'd realise that using contraception is a good idea when the guy she's knobbing is totally bone idle, and she hasn't got a job herself yet, either.

in which case think again. People don't think like that in the Philippines.

• Like 1

Alan S

After starting with a helpful and informative post, this thread rapidly degenerated into discussions about one members...member.

Now personally I have no interest whatsoever in any other guys "attributes", but if thats what rocks your boat....

However, it was certainly off topic, so several posts, plus those that refered to them, deleted.

Incidentally, the reason the original thread was closed was the lack of feedback or comment from the OP, which meant that we lacked too much basic information to make it a sensible discussion.

Willie

Wouldn't the 23-30:1 ratio possibly be more like 5 or 6 figures (20,000:1) because immigrants and tourists are just a fraction of the population?

Willie

After starting with a helpful and informative post, this thread rapidly degenerated into discussions about one members...member.

Now personally I have no interest whatsoever in any other guys "attributes", but if thats what rocks your boat....

However, it was certainly off topic, so several posts, plus those that refered to them, deleted.

Incidentally, the reason the original thread was closed was the lack of feedback or comment from the OP, which meant that we lacked too much basic information to make it a sensible discussion.

:steve:

udonthani
Wouldn't the 23-30:1 ratio possibly be more like 5 or 6 figures (20,000:1) because immigrants and tourists are just a fraction of the population?

well, I was thinking more along the lines of guys that impregnate women and than disappear overseas, i.e. out of the direct jurisdiction of the Philippines, as in the case of the English guy on the other thread, back to the UK.

the lawyer has been back about that one as well. When a Filipino disappears abroad after getting a girl pregnant he isn't married to, and then leaves the country, she said immigration and the Bureau of Foreign Affairs can trace where the man went, but said nothing about what they do if and when they find him.

• Like 1