Sign in to follow this  
fredanna

WIN 7 SAFE?

fredanna

Just a small update:

I have installed Malware Bytes PAID version. It is constantly stopping attacks, especially if I click on a link within Amazon dot com or Ebay. The free version has to be manually operated and updated to protect your computer. Once you have paid, there are no further fees or renewals. And I also have AVAST on the computers at home. To HELL paying for virus protection!!!

I have Maware Bytes on some home computers and I never see any warnings.

Something about this WIN 7 computer I bought while visiting the Phils.Very nice Compaq Presario CQ40.

thanks for the tips

Fred

Cipro

MS Sec Essentials is fine and free, a lot of the others outside AVG are either malware delivery systems or suck.

I used to write Anti-Virus software, but I no longer have any connection to any company.

Gringo69

Did you try a system restore to a date and time before the download of the malicious bug??? Might be wrong but I have been told you could restore the system to a time before the problem occurred and the problem wont rear its ugly head again unless you allow it (re-download the bug again) - only problem with a restore is you also lose any work you have done after the selected restore date...

Davaoeno

Stolen from current editon of Windows Secrets site

Looking for a better antivirus/security package

Conrad Ware asks a question that's not only worthwhile on its own but also lets me give you a six-month update on my real-life test drive of Microsoft Security Essentials.

• [*]"Over the past 20 years, I have used all the big-brand virus and Internet security software: McAfee, Norton, Kaspersky, etc. All of them did a great job doing what they were designed for