Sign in to follow this  
Jack

Blue cross of the Philippines..

Jack

There is a "Blue Cross Of The Philippines." Does anyone have this coverage and is it any good? Any other information?

stagger

Hi Tom,

As the Company I work for is a Licensed Broker in the Philippines we deal with all the large Medical Insurance companies that operate here.

Blue Cross is one of these Companies and we market and sell a large number of these products.

If there is a particular Plan you are interested in I can send you details.

You also may have seen that the forum is trying to set up it's own "Group" Policy which means that participating Members will be able to get a discount on the premium.

You may want to think about participating in that if you plan to move to the Philippines in the future.

Take Care.

Turbota

Are you talking about using Blue Cross that you already have in effect in the US?

If so ... I can tell you a little about using Blue Cross over here in the PI ... I am retired US Fed Civil Service and was useing my Blue Cross / Blue Shield I had after my retirement from the government.

Used it once when I was hospitalized in Angeles City. I had to file the claim myself, but Blue Cross wound up paying me about 82% of the total hospital, doctor, lab and medications bill. Took about 2 months to be reimbursed by check.

Now, if your talking about buying some Filipino version of Blue Cross ... I don't have a clue.

lazydays

Yes,but never had to claim yet.

Blue Cross Ph,PESO Health Plans.

If you are under 60,they do a "Select Access(peso) Plan" which comes with an electronic card you can use at selected hospitals,no upfront to pay,no need to wait for re imbursement,they pay the hospital direct.Alternatively you can use other hospitals,but you would pay upfront and then claim for re-imbursement.

If you are currently insured with them,you can continue on this plan until you are 65.

There are 2 options with this plan,Semi Private Care or Private Care.

Over 65 they do the "Premier (peso) Plan",pay up front,then claim re-imbursment.They re-imburse 90% of the costs.

They will cover you up to age 100,but it gets much more expensive over 79.

Options are Ward Only Care,Semi Private Care,Private Care.

All their policies have some ceiling limits on certain procedures,and some exclusions eg: Pregnancy related procedures and treatments for women excluded.

Existing ailments and illness are assessed by their approved medical assessor and level of cover or not,will be notified.

Premiums are paid annually in advance.

Hope this gives you a little insight.

Jack

Hi Tom,

As the Company I work for is a Licensed Broker in the Philippines we deal with all the large Medical Insurance companies that operate here.

Blue Cross is one of these Companies and we market and sell a large number of these products.

You also may have seen that the forum is trying to set up it's own "Group" Policy which means that participating Members will be able to get a discount on the premium.

You may want to think about participating in that if you plan to move to the Philippines in the future.

Take Care.

Thanks for the info. I would be interested in the group policy...

TheOrigDanger95

Stagger,

I am interested in hearing more about this group policy.

Thanks,

John in Dipolog

Hi Tom,

Take Care.

stagger

Hi Jack and John,

You can view the plan details here.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/index.php?showtopic=23361

The more people we get in the "Group" the bigger discount we get.

With these Blue Cross plans if we have 7-15 persons they get a 5% discount, for over 15, a 10% discount is given.

Think we should be able to get more than 7 people to form a group with a combination of the "Select" and "Premium" Policy shown on the link above.

All "Group" members would have to pay the Policy payment the same time, this would become the Anniversary date for future payments.

If another person wished to join the Plan outside the anniversary renewal date he/she/they would pay a pro rata payment based on the length of time until the next renewal date.

Location is not an issue as long as you are a member of the forum, that is all that is required.

Hope this info helps!

Cheers,

Andy

blodgee

Hi Tom,

Take Care.

Stagger here is a few sentences from an older post here.I will be interested in a group plan once we move to the Philippines but will something similar happen to our premiums because of a claim?

" had Blue Cross health insurance here for three or four years. For the first three years or so I paid about P28,000 per year and had one small claim that was paid after a bit of a struggle.

Then I had a big claim of about P200,000. The claim was paid fairly quickly and easily - that's the good news. The bad news was they raised by annual premium from P28,000 to over P144,000.

When I asked for an explanation they told me "we have to get our money back." I understand that's the case, but over a large number of policy holders - not each person. No, they said from each person".

sjp

Hi Tom,

Take Care.

Stagger here is a few sentences from an older post here.I will be interested in a group plan once we move to the Philippines but will something similar happen to our premiums because of a claim?

" had Blue Cross health insurance here for three or four years. For the first three years or so I paid about P28,000 per year and had one small claim that was paid after a bit of a struggle.

Then I had a big claim of about P200,000. The claim was paid fairly quickly and easily - that's the good news. The bad news was they raised by annual premium from P28,000 to over P144,000.

When I asked for an explanation they told me "we have to get our money back." I understand that's the case, but over a large number of policy holders - not each person. No, they said from each person".

If this is the way they think here then it is not worth getting insurance here. You might as well start a savings account and use that money if you ever have an emergency.

rbm

If this is the way they think here then it is not worth getting insurance here. You might as well start a savings account and use that money if you ever have an emergency.

Don't like the sound of that....My insurance cover is 1 cover, as they do not have an office here they operate through Blue Cross whom they are affiliated with. Earlier this year I was admitted with Dengue, the local hospital would not recognize my NZ Aussie insurance. 1 Cover were super efficient how ever they had to call Blue Cross to request Blue Cross to call the hospital stating they guarantee cover. Here in the problem laid....1 cover were in constant contact with me how ever they had quite an ordeal to have Blue cross to make the simple phone call. Once this was done everything went smoothly.

I am currently looking for an accident cover for my GF as we do a lot of motorcycle traveling, just about to talk to a Rep from Perla insurance so see how that goes. Any tips would be welcome.

By way any Kiwi or Aussies I highly recommend 1 cover, cheap and one can apply on line. My premiums did not increase after my dengue...Excellent company whom go over the top to assist.

stagger

I reply to rbm, sjp and blogee about the concern they have shown about a post from 2008.

I posted this on another thread in the forum last month.

"We had a client several years ago that was paying a premium of

liberty9133

What is status of member policy?

stagger

What is status of member policy?

A lot of people initially showed interest and Private Messages were sent to all with details of the plans.

There was some response to the messages but as of now there has been no group organized to take advantage of the discount.

This may be because of the difference in available budgets of some members, a healthy distrust of Insurance Salesmen and Health Insurance by others and maybe some hoping that they will not get sick or have an accident.

If anyone still interested just PM me.

billy

Hi Tom,

Take Care.

if there is a group plan ever here in the philippines i'd be interested. i have an international plan which will expire in 9 months. let me know if ever available. thanks

Barryrio

I had great service from Blue Cross (Phils). Have yet to receive the renewal notice so dont yet know if it will have any effect on nest years policy rates. I made a posting on the group polling post relating my experience at Chong Hua - coincidentally also with dengue!