Hotdog Chili

George45

Someone asked for it and it took some time to find it.

2lbs gound beef

1 lg. onion chopped

4 garlic cloves minced

1/2 cup ketchup

1/4 cup bbq sauce

1 tablespoon hot sauce

2 tablespoons yellow mustard

Saute beef and onions when beef begins to brown add the garlic.

turn to high and cook 1 more minute. Add the rest of the ingredients.

Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.

Remove from heat.

Hope you like it let me know please.

Mashed Hamburger?

Doesn't sound like something I'll ever try to cook or eat.

But I hope someone will be glad you posted it :)

My dad, an inveterate partier, would come home after being out way too late and then head to downtown Detroit to eat very late night Conney Island "Greek" hot-dogs at a dive on Lafayette Street. As a teen her introduced me to these amazing treats. In the intervening 45 years they have spread all over Michigan, using the same dogs and chili from a meat packing plant near Jackson, Mi.

This is a pretty good recipe for Detroit "greeks" from eHow.

• [*]
Home [*]

My dad, an inveterate partier, would come home after being out way too late and then head to downtown Detroit to eat very late night Conney Island "Greek" hot-dogs at a dive on Lafayette Street. As a teen her introduced me to these amazing treats. In the intervening 45 years they have spread all over Michigan, using the same dogs and chili from a meat packing plant near Jackson, Mi.

This is a pretty good recipe for Detroit "greeks" from eHow.

• [*]
Home[*]

bring your own dogs here boys!

the standard market dogs are mush.

the imported dogs are 575 per kilo.

ps...rib eye @ 1875 peso a kilo

JohnFromTexas

In a pinch rustan's ayala has canned chili, but it's imported and expensive.

Headshot

In a pinch rustan's ayala has canned chili, but it's imported and expensive.

They actually have about three brands of chili, I think. The prices didn't seem that unreasonable to me, but then I don't have it much. I made some chili cheese dogs recently, using brats for the hot dogs (I agree that the hot dogs here are crap...they are red only because of all of the food coloring used). I used canned chili con carne and Doritos quezo dip for the cheese. For the buns, I bought some of the whole wheat long buns from the bakery there. I got everything I needed at Rustans. The chili cheese dogs turned out pretty good actually. It's funny that a meal that would seem like a cheap no-effort dinner back in the States would seem like something so out-of-the-ordinary and special here. Go figure.

The all beef hotdogs they sell at Tinderbox are some of the best I have found here.

The all beef hotdogs they sell at Tinderbox are some of the best I have found here.

Tinder box is for the rich guys...wish I could marry into that family!

Tinder box is for the rich guys...wish I could marry into that family!

The hotdogs cost more than the local supermarket variety, but still much cheaper than the imported brands you find at Rustans and other places. You get what you pay for in this case.

how much a kilo for hotdog...and do they have bun?

Going from memory I think the dogs were about 80 pesos per kilo, but don't hold me to that. You would have to buy buns elsewhere, but just about everyone sells them (except Tinderbox).

To the OP, Yuks! Cheers!

LOL. The word "gross" came to my mind. But then, what do I know about food anyway?

:)

Larry in Dumaguete

Jackson Michigan is my home town and I am missing the world famous Coney Dogs right now. Everybody knows when I am home where to find me.

This is the mailorder vendor for the Koegel meat packer who provides for all the Detroit style conies.

http://www.koegelhotdogs.com/

http://www.buykoegels.com/create_a_kit.htm

-Chris

Edited by cdpino