Sign in to follow this  
Paul

As a member of this site, would you be interested in a group health insurance plan?

Group Health Policy Poll  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a group health plan, as a resident living in the Philippines?

• Yes, I would be interested.
    • Not sure, but I would like to see his offer.
    • No. I would not be interested.

David_LivinginTalisay

Paul, from personal experience of offering a 'Group Plan' from KainosHealth.net to BritCkub Members, but could not find 30 people willing to pay about Php10Kpa.

So I posted on this Forum to see if we cn pick up enough interest to fill the missing numbers of interested parties to get, not only discounts but enhanced features. facilities, and coverage.

See http://www.livingincebuforums.com/index.php?showtopic=22348&view=findpost&p=212660

and also http://www.livingincebuforums.com/index.php?showtopic=18879&view=findpost&p=171116

Paul, if you can find something comparable or better than KainosHealth and enough interested parties to make up the required Group Numbers, I for one will sign up with Sha-Sha, Ana-Katrina and Anzhelica-Kate if Babies included, so that is 4 people potentially!

I do suggest you take a look at the .pdf Documents I attached on that Thread, giving details, so you can compare with whatever you are being offered. For example the KainosHealth 'Corporate' Health Care Plan (that requires min 30 Members to obtain), offers coverage to age 65 (most 'private' Health care Plans only cover to age 60 or exorbitant Premiums above 60).

Also please check on PEC (Pre-Exisiteng Conditions) if not covered, or accepted after defined Membership time period (with perhaps some exclusions or limitations, but at least some coverage to PEC from Kainos Health after 12 months for example, for PEC (like Heart Condition).

Cheers,

David

• Like 2

Balintawak

Its like if I ask someone to look a blue Suzuki car and the someone else comes in the same thread saying hey! look at mine instead, its a red Honda.. Its not really polite. Lets see whats coming firstly :)

:):)

• Like 1

cdpino

Paul

My gf's "family" (she and her two daughters are covered by the daughter Health Insurance from her work for the Marriott. Their household includes, however, three other adult women and one 3 year old boy. If the price was affordable, insurance for the four would be of great interest to us.

David_LivinginTalisay

Its not really polite. Lets see whats coming firstly

Balintawak, you seem to have misread my reply to this thread or misjudged me?

I was not meaning to be rude or disrespectful, to Paul and his efforts, just trying to be helpful, but you didn't see that for some reason?

I am not trying to 'sell' an alternative here, I was offering a 'base line' against which to draw some comparisons. There is a Poll, to which I Voted for "Not sure, but I would like to see his offer". Seems as many others Voted "Yes, I would be interested", Sorry but until I have seen details of just what is being offered from such Health care Plan being offered, I don't know how some can sign up to something without having seen what Coverage is being offered, for given Premium. Even when this information is provided, how are YOU going to know if it is a good Group Health care Plan or not?

That is what I was doing - giving something to compare it against. I was prepared to pay about Php10Kpa to join KainosHeath Corporate Health Plan giving cover to age 65, so that 10 Years max in my case.

I have already dome some research into Group Health Care Plans and seen the ADVANTAGES that Corporate Health Care Plans can provide, since it is not just about Discounts, but enhanced/improved Cover also.

If this Group Health Care is as good or better, I already stated we have 3+1 baby that would sign up. Surely that is not being rude or disrespectful, it is a positive response, with sensible conditions applied.

Balintawak, your reply to my Message post was not positive, did not provide any useful information that contributed to this Discussion, in my opinion. It might be considered a Flame against me, that 'provoked' 2 people to put down my reputation, after I tried to give some useful information, that others can use, to make a reasonable comparison, and this an informed Decision.

If you think I am selling 'cars' here, then you really got it wrong!

I have no connection with KainosHealth what so ever (read the 'Discalimer'), other than a potential subscriber if there were 29 others!

Just like 'we' would be 3+1 Subscribers to this Health Plan if it compares well, AND enough willing to sign up, knowing what it really offers.

Still think I am the one being rude and disrespectful?

David , Salome, Ana-Katrina and Baby Anzhelica-Kate

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
  • Like 1

Paul

I started this thread to simply get a "feel" for what members may want.

I didn't want to waste the guy's time, or mine, if enough members were not interested in looking at an offer.

Furthermore, I would never assume that anyone here would immediately sign up for an insurance plan that was offered to them, withing looking at the options, reviewing the offer, and seeing what the costs were going to be.

I know that I certainly wouldn't.

Anyway, I can see, by the response to this thread, that there are a number of people who are interested an insurance package, including me.

Perhaps I should have only had two polling options, one showing interest, and the other not. That was my mistake.

Fortunately, now that I know there are enough members who are interested, I can definitely move forward with this meeting.

Incidentally, for those concerned, if we have enough members to secure a customized plan for the members, I think that would be fantastic.

That number,as I recall, is something under 100 people. I am going to guess it was about 70 to 80 members who would be needed?

So, if we had somewhere in that number of people interested, we could very well have our own insurance plan.

Either way, I appreciate everyone who has expressed their interest in this. If anyone else has any comments concerning this, and will be living at least part time in the Philippines, by all means, please feel free to comment here.

I will let everyone know how the meeting goes tomorrow, and will post a thread accordingly.

Thanks,

Edited by Admin

Balintawak

No worried David, I just thought it should rather be a pm to admin and then he could bring it on the table :) If we guys look at to many times at the same time, our brains turns to veggies. :scratch_head:

HTM

I would be interested.

Cebuned

I'm all ears Paul, find out all the details and be sure to share here. I'de really like to see included, a life insurence coverage also in the plan. Nothing speical, just enough to see that speical someone, get a decent funeral and buriel, maybe enough to get buy on their own, due to loss of others financal contributions to the relationship, for a 5 year period.... Insurence is just that, not a meens to get rich quick.

Ned

I'm all ears, and yes, very interested

Marko7

I might be but need to see the details, etc.,

Paul

I have given the member stagger, permission to send each of the members who have expressed an interest in an insurance policy program, either by posting a reply or by voting in the poll, a PM through the forums.

Members Please Note: This will not be a SPAM message, but an approved communication to those interested parties.

Thanks,

Tom in Texas

I've been self-employed for 35 years and carried health insurance for every minute of it... I'd love to have some way to avoid maintaining a "self-insurance kitty" in the RP.

Tom in Texas

indiana

yes i am intersted

tom_shor

I did not vote even before I saw Pauls criteria. I am not presently living in the Philippines but I would be interested in hearing about it when I do.

mainemanusa

I am in the philippines 6 months a year and back in the states for 6 months and would also be interested in looking at the insurance plans

easy44

I am interested, but for me the most important criteria would be if local hospitals will be willing to bill the insurance company in lieu of paying up front and getting reimbursed by the company. I have had a couple of bad experiences trying to get reimbursed by car insurance companies. They will do anything they can to avoid paying in a timely manner and they never run out of excuses.