Sign in to follow this  
Paul

As a member of this site, would you be interested in a group health insurance plan?

Group Health Policy Poll  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a group health plan, as a resident living in the Philippines?

• Yes, I would be interested.
    • Not sure, but I would like to see his offer.
    • No. I would not be interested.

Paul

First, I need to get something out of the way.

Please do not vote or reply in this thread if you:

1. Do not reside in the Philippines at least part of each year.

2. Will not be relocating to the Philippines in the foreseeable future.

Now, on to business.

I met up with a fellow last week who would like to make an offer to the members of the forums. He would like to offer us a group health insurance plan. (I do not know if it would include life or other options, yet.) I have had a number of emails over the years, asking about this very topic, one recently in fact. So, I thought I would listen to his offer. Not to mention, I have been self insured for years, so it probably wouldn't hurt me to view a possible plan. Being self insured, at times, has been quite costly.

Anyway, I will meet with him again this Wednesday to discuss a possible insurance package. I forget what the specific numbers are, as far as the minimum number of people he would need to join in order to do this. But, he said that he could offer a discount on premiums if x number members joined. He also said he could offer custom plan for us if x additional members joined, as I recall. I forget the exact numbers here, but I will get those particulars when I meet with him.

Anyway, please post your thoughts and views on this topic, if it interests you.

Thanks,

• Like 3

Lee From Cebu

I,m interested Paul I buy mine in Canada its around 50 Canadian a month for 5 million US coverage but I can only get 8 months a year coverage

Cary

Sounds interesting Paul. Like you said lets wait for the details, sounds ok so far.

mpt1947

Although I will be covered by the VA - once I get to Manila and get it set up, but I would be interested in hearing options - Family Coverage, Dependents - just options - always good to have options

Mike

aussiedon

Yep, I,d certainly take a look at that, I guess if it was for single guys only then premiums would not be so high.

I'm guessing he is working under the umbrella of one of the major insurers here.

RogerDuMond

I would be interested. Hopefully it would be cost effective enough to be a good cushion for self insurance.

Ozepete

A lot to consider such as the types of cover, exclusions, cost competitiveness etc, and the track record of the insurer being the most important.

But all things being equal and if the insurers offer then has some genuine advantages that reflect the bulk client benefit that the forum could bring, then this could be a terrific thing.

aussiedon

I think a lot of us are interested in insurance for unexpected medical emergencies, Like my recently broken leg.

my ONE cover had just recently expired and I forgot to renew,

cebubird

Count me in Paul. In as much as I already plan to buy our insurance from this individual anyway, Im sure a group thing would save a little money.

Couple people around here speak highly of him and company. guess you dont want to mention name of company til you talk with him, so i wont steal your thunder.

Bill

For Real

Very interested Paul,

The group power could be a good thing

CardiacKid

Might be very interested if no age exclusions and coverage for pre-existing conditions were included. Also, a reasonable amount of coverage. One million pesos should be considered as that is about what it costs for cardiac surgery at Chong Hua or Cebu Doctors hospitals. Coverage for prescription drugs should also be included. Many insurers here do not cover them if they are to be taken outside of a hospital, ie, blood pressure medications and diabetic supplies.

Edited by CardiacKid

mello874

Sounds Good.

Dragon

Am interested.

Paul

Count me in Paul. In as much as I already plan to buy our insurance from this individual anyway, Im sure a group thing would save a little money.

Couple people around here speak highly of him and company. guess you dont want to mention name of company til you talk with him, so i wont steal your thunder.

Bill

Thanks, Bill

Yes. Please keep this to yourself, for now, if you would be so kind.

Edited by Admin

ozboy

yes very interested as we currently got no cover.