VECO - Visayan Electric Company - 15,000 PHP Bill

This is the philippines country of many un explained things.. like the x files... last year me and the wife went to manila / baguio for 5 weeks and when we got our electric bill it was almost the same as the month we were home... ?? I stop trying to figure out anything here and just go with the flow....

WELLLLLLL, Robert51 it's hard to let go of P15000 when it could be half of that. The OP should investigate!!! On a fixed income that can hurt!!!! And the X-files is BS!!!

Ricky.......let us know what you find out. Possibly dirty air filters for the aircons or a REF that the door is not closing properly and completely. Our last visit there we threw away a REF the family had for 8 yrs coz the door was not sealing properly and rusted. We purchased a P15000, NICE REF from Cebu Appliance!

The problem at your house must be a high usage of REF or many REFS or FREEZERS or AIRCONS running continuous. Not a 110 volt transformer with no load or your router on 24/7. :D

Fred

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• fredanna

• DeezNuz

• rfm010

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brownouts are actually a service! They allow customers the opportunity to experience the wholesome goodness of living the way nature intended at a bargain prices. Sure, other nations may charge you

So in the 3 months since we moved to Cebu from Manila our electricity bills have been higher, averaging around 13,000 PHP a month. This month, I tried to find simple ways to reduce the bill (switching

Shit...8 a/c's???   Wouldn't it of been more cost efficient just of have centralized cooling put in by a carrier dealer?

Posted Images

senseless

You know, I wouldn't give a shit what they charged me as long as they provided the service. The fact that they charge insane astronomical pricing comparative to where im from (about 4x the price of my old bills) and still are unable to provide consistent reliable service is really starting to fecking piss me off. :evan_iliadis::bashtroll::D:bashtroll::D:bashtroll::D:bashtroll::bashtroll::bashtroll::bashtroll::bashtroll::bashtroll::bashtroll:

3 brown outs in the last 24 hours...

Edited by senseless

Brownouts are actually a service! They allow customers the opportunity to experience the wholesome goodness of living the way nature intended at a bargain prices. Sure, other nations may charge you less, but they just don't immerse you in that same pre-electricity era nostalgia like the RP does.

• Like 2
smokey

Brownouts are actually a service! They allow customers the opportunity to experience the wholesome goodness of living the way nature intended at a bargain prices. Sure, other nations may charge you less, but they just don't immerse you in that same pre-electricity era nostalgia like the RP does.

maybe the brownouts happen when its break time after all with system loss everyone is happy even the government as they get to charge you vat on system loss

A_Simple_Man

karma . . . .

last week i sent a message to a member where I said "This last couple of months have been good. Very few power interruptions. I really did not want to say that in case I jinx myself but that is the truth."

Guess what. They're baaaaack. Rotating blackouts for the last 2 days around Consolacion and Liloan.

thebob

As The Christmas lights come on, don't think the situation is going to improve.

Well with these blackouts (had 3 x 2 hr outages in Banilad yesterday as well), the bill should be a little cheaper. We'll get the air con serviced next month, and report on the results. My missus informs me that some friends of ours are paying even more then us (18-20k mo)!!!!

We'll see what happens with next months bill, we aren't changing our lifestyle a lot, just a few tweeks which hopefully should make it cheaper. Having identified the worst equipment by using one piece of equipment at a time and monitoring the meter, we have a better idea of whats happening. I'm hoping the air con service will help.

smokey

Well with these blackouts (had 3 x 2 hr outages in Banilad yesterday as well), the bill should be a little cheaper. We'll get the air con serviced next month, and report on the results. My missus informs me that some friends of ours are paying even more then us (18-20k mo)!!!!

We'll see what happens with next months bill, we aren't changing our lifestyle a lot, just a few tweeks which hopefully should make it cheaper. Having identified the worst equipment by using one piece of equipment at a time and monitoring the meter, we have a better idea of whats happening. I'm hoping the air con service will help.

ricky you have not learned what some of us know already .... years ago the electric companies cried we are broke and people are stealing our electric so in its wisdom the Philippines started system loss so the electric companies will not cry... after that the electric companies all started to become private owned and the government cried so they invented vat and just to show each other how smart they were they started charging vat on the system loss so your not only paying for the electric lost to stealing but your paying tax on that charge.....