Missing British woman.

The newspapers etc are starting to pick this up thanks to Facebook & the forums.

Hong Kong Woman Missing in Philippines for 11 Days, Morning Post Reports

A Hong Kong woman has been missing for 11 days in the Philippines, the South China Morning Post reported, citing her family and friends.

Carole Day was last seen in Manila on Sept. 12 by a business partner, Tschai Ma, in the city

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UZI

• Cary

• udonthani

• JamesMusslewhite

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She was intending to fly to Thailand (Phuket) on the 11th/12th from Cebu, however she did not arrive at her destination and has been completely out of contact since the 12th of September. She was due

She could equally have been booked to KL via Davao and then on to Phuket. But that's not really the point: she's missing and her family is concerned.       Mark   Exactly right Mark.... but Udon

so it's 'shit stirring' to raise the point that the lady might not even be in the Philippines, based on that rather impractical-sounding itinerary.   could be in Manila. Could be in Cebu. Could be i

Posted Images

Damn, her hotel in Ermita is only a block away from my condo, and right across the street from Luneta Park. If she wandered into the park, it wouldn't surprise me if something happened to her. The park is over run by sketchy characters, especially at night.

that is a big problem most places fail to tell the tourist the bad parts of town as they claim there are none.... take california the worst place to take your family wander the streets is around disney land up and down are nothing but strip clubs , hookers , druggies... the stroll is harbor blvd goes right to the park... also how about a tourist guide that tells you were there are clean CR to use .... another importlant thing to know

The problem is industry wide. Everyone does it. They up sell the good things about their countries and lessen the bad. Thats why anytime you travel abroad, as best you can read up on your embassy's warnings and get as much information as you can from forums like this. Again I hope the woman returns safely to her family.

Damn, her hotel in Ermita is only a block away from my condo, and right across the street from Luneta Park. If she wandered into the park, it wouldn't surprise me if something happened to her. The park is over run by sketchy characters, especially at night.

that is a big problem most places fail to tell the tourist the bad parts of town as they claim there are none.... take california the worst place to take your family wander the streets is around disney land up and down are nothing but strip clubs , hookers , druggies... the stroll is harbor blvd goes right to the park... also how about a tourist guide that tells you were there are clean CR to use .... another importlant thing to know

you know the son could talk to the news paper and post her picture along with a if you have seen this women please call the hot line... maybe even a reward something small 5,000p that should help get rid of the scammers ...

JohnFromTexas

I am constantly surprised when I hear about women who travel to the philippines alone. It is not something I'd recommend to anyone I know.

Perhaps some one else has already written about this -

But this is being reported on the world press as a Hong Kong Woman Missing in the Philippines -

One would think after the "Hostage Incident" the Philippine Gov't is sparing no expense in finding this woman.

I am constantly surprised when I hear about women who travel to the philippines alone. It is not something I'd recommend to anyone I know.

But its safe! :D

you know the son could talk to the news paper and post her picture along with a if you have seen this women please call the hot line... maybe even a reward something small 5,000p that should help get rid of the scammers ...

ABS - CBN are now carrying this story and has her photo too

HERE

The report has some key info too

On Wednesday, Day’s son, Jai, arrived in Manila to search for her. Jai, an actor based in Los Angeles, said his mother was not on the manifest of 2 main airlines that fly to Cebu.

The report also quoted Jai as saying that he was told by immigration that his mother never left the Philippines.

Edited by UZI
JamesMusslewhite

Perhaps some one else has already written about this -

But this is being reported on the world press as a Hong Kong Woman Missing in the Philippines -

One would think after the "Hostage Incident" the Philippine Gov't is sparing no expense in finding this woman.

Well they just can not pass up a good opportunity to shoot themselves in the foot.

Right now on TV World news they just ran this story. Hopefully it will have legs and lead to finding her.

I hope you have new info & it isn't related to the latest post on FB:

‎***for anyone worried about the Sunday SCMP article*** the gang-kidnapping theory they discussed was based on the pure speculation of uninformed desk clerks before a report had even been filed. Ms Ang See is not attached as a 'Kidnap expert'.

I sincerely hope I am wrong but the clock is ticking & this is looking less hopeful by the second

Uzi

Just as I said, her story was just ran on TV World. Thats it. But hopefully along with it and FB and the Forum she will be found asap.

Uzi

Just as I said, her story was just ran on TV World. Thats it. But hopefully along with it and FB and the Forum she will be found asap.

I have nothing new except that it is being covered in some part by UK press too:

Search for missing British businesswoman in Philippines

Fears were growing today for a British businesswoman who has gone missing in The Philippines

Friends and family have launched a Facebook appeal to find Carole Day, 56, who was last seen in Manila 12 days ago.

The ex-pat, who runs a furniture business, was in the city visiting one of her showrooms before she was due to fly to Thailand on the day she vanished.

Mrs Day lives in Hong Kong, where her late husband Richard was a high court judge, with their sons Jai, 25, and Jamie, 21.

Jai, an actor, has flown to Manila to help find her. He told the Standard: "We're a very close family - Dad passed away six years ago so it's just the three of us.

"My brother and I are very worried. Mum's the kind of person who would phone you three times a day just to see how you are. When I last spoke to her she was fine, normal. It's a mystery."

Mrs Day checked out of her hotel in Manila on 12 September and was last seen at her showroom that morning. She had been due to fly to Phuket and then back to Hong Kong in time for a friend's funeral three days later.

She was also due in London this week for a wedding.

Mr Day said: "I spent all day at the airport yesterday. According to the flight manifests and immigration records she hasn't left the Philippines.

"I've been to all the hospitals and there are no unidentified women of her description. She had no reason to go missing, and if she'd been kidnapped we would have had a ransom. It's been nearly two weeks and I have no idea what might have happened. It's very frustrating."

Interpol and officials from the British Embassy are involved in the investigation and people from across the world have been offering help through Facebook. Mr Day hopes they will throw up clues, but is appealing for the public to help in the search.

A spokesman for the Foreign Office said: "We are aware of the case and are providing consular assistance."

London Evening Standard

Edited by UZI

Keeping this story in everyones mind. A Blonde woman here is not easily forgotten so someone, somewhere must have some info. This is from yesterdays Daily Mail (British Newspaper):

Fears for former British model, 56, missing for three weeks in Philippines

By Richard Shears

Last updated at 1:24 PM on 1st October 2010

Police hold grave fears for a British mother-of-two who has been missing in the Philippines for nearly three weeks during a month in which three UK men have been murdered.

Carole Day, 56, vanished from her hotel in Manila on September 12 and police admit they have no clues as to her whereabouts or what could have happened to her.

The widow of a High Court judge who was based in Hong Kong, Mrs Day had travelled to the Philippines to meet contacts in the interior design and furniture business.

. article-1316551-0B6B55F2000005DC-488_468x322.jpg Missing: Carole Day, 56, has not been seen since September 12, when she was due to leave Manila, the capital of the Philippines

A former long-distance runner and model, she had been due to fly to Thailand on September 12 but did not arrive at Manila airport and there has been no word of her since.

Mrs Day's 25-year-old son Jai, who has flown to Manila to help national police in the hunt for his mother, said he and his 21-year-old brother Jamie were 'extremely worried'.

Their father, Justice Richard Day, died six years ago and their mother had kept in constant touch with her sons whenever she travelled.

article-1316551-0B6B5498000005DC-971_468x286.jpg Happy family: Mrs Day here pictured with her 25-year-old son Jai, who has searched all of Manila's hospitals without finding his mother

'She's the kind of person who phones several times a day to see how things are,' he said.

'She gave us no sign that anything was untoward.'

Mrs Day, originally from Stoke-on-Trent, was last seen at a furniture showroom in Manila.

She had then been due to fly to Phuket, in Thailand's south, before flying to Hong Kong for a friend's funeral. She was also due to fly to London last week for a wedding.

article-1316551-0B6BA526000005DC-48_468x302.jpg Manila: A number of westerners have been killed in the past two months

Jai has been to all the hospitals in Manila and there are no unidentified Western women there.

He said he doubted that his mother had been kidnapped because there had been no ransom demand.

A spokeswoman for the British Embassy in Manila said they had been alerted to Mrs Day's disappearance. 'We are giving her family full consular assistance,' she said.

Three British men have been murdered in the Philippines since the start of September.

The first was Scotsman John Macdonald, 28, who was stabbed to death by the boyfriend of a woman Mr Macdonald had befriended.

Next came the shooting murder of British businessman Anthony Nicolas, 64, from London, who died when he and his wife were ambushed.

Then came the shooting death of sea captain Bruce Jones, 50, who was believed to have been the victim of a gun-running cartel.

Two American men have also been shot dead in the Philippines this month.

DAILY MAIL

Her son said on her Facebook page yesterday:

I am still in Manila. We are working tirelessly on the case. All agencies involved are giving 100%

Uzi