• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UZI

• Cary

• udonthani

• JamesMusslewhite

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She was intending to fly to Thailand (Phuket) on the 11th/12th from Cebu, however she did not arrive at her destination and has been completely out of contact since the 12th of September. She was due

She could equally have been booked to KL via Davao and then on to Phuket. But that's not really the point: she's missing and her family is concerned.       Mark   Exactly right Mark.... but Udon

so it's 'shit stirring' to raise the point that the lady might not even be in the Philippines, based on that rather impractical-sounding itinerary.   could be in Manila. Could be in Cebu. Could be i

Posted Images

JamesMusslewhite

Has there been any coverage on TV news or news papers?

The most detailed info is on her Facebook page. Here if you are on Facebook:

http://www.facebook....110493855679297

Her son Jai is now in Manila on

+63 (0) 916 440 2851

Is there a way to kick the press in the ass and get them to report this?

The expats in Manila and Cebu should flood the News media outlets with calls and visits... Demand that they present the subject to the public.

Contact the news media back home to run the story... Get negative on all the news outlets that refuse to help, and give there names to the local press. The Philippine press will not do shit until they are insulted and exposed as incompetent.

udonthani

so it's 'shit stirring' to raise the point that the lady might not even be in the Philippines, based on that rather impractical-sounding itinerary.

could be in Manila. Could be in Cebu. Could be in Singapore. Could be in Thailand. Somebody had better get immigration on it.

• Like 2

in fairness to udonthani the information on the woman's itinerary would be helpful to those looking for her. when i made my comment above i had been thinking that cebu pacific was running direct flights to bangkok. the wife tells me they are now passing through manila first. so it seems there is a lot more information we don't have. udonthani may have been a bit insensitive about how he raised the point but for the people who are looking for her these are the types of points that need to be raised.

certainly we have only bare bones information about the woman and given the situation we should refrain from too much speculation.

udonthani

She could equally have been booked to KL via Davao and then on to Phuket. But that's not really the point: she's missing and her family is concerned.ark

Exactly right Mark....

he's exactly wrong, actually.

from Davao, there's only one international flight, to Singapore, with Silk.

Cebu Pacific used to have a Jakarta flight from Davao, but they axed it. As far as I know there's never been a Davao-KL flight with any airline.

• Like 2

WOW. Can't believe some members are trying to pick holes in this. Information in such things are by definition sketchy. This is details of things so far from her Facebook page:

Last contact

She was last seen at the LRI design studio by her business partner at 9.30am on the 12th of September. When he left she told him she was going to Cebu and Thailand. It is not certain in which order, but he believes that the intention was to head to Cebu first.

Immigration status

According to Filipino immigration Carole has not left the Philippines, but they are unable to check internal flights (so she could be anywhere in the Philippines

Is there a way to kick the press in the ass and get them to report this?

The expats in Manila and Cebu should flood the News media outlets with calls and visits... Demand that they present the subject to the public.

Contact the news media back home to run the story... Get negative on all the news outlets that refuse to help, and give there names to the local press. The Philippine press will not do shit until they are insulted and exposed as incompetent.

Probably not. Unfortunately, it isn't news unless/until they are found dead or involved in something heinous.

The police typically won't do anything without any evidence of foul play. To them, it is pretty much just a healthy adult not wishing to be bothered by anyone. :P

Edited by Mailman

Maybe she met a handsome and dashing Filipino man and ran off with him, leaving all of her worries behind.

I got a BAD feeling about this....

The actions of her son scream that he is VERY VERY worried and that this is NOT her normal behavior.

Hope all works out well.

T

Damn, her hotel in Ermita is only a block away from my condo, and right across the street from Luneta Park. If she wandered into the park, it wouldn't surprise me if something happened to her. The park is over run by sketchy characters, especially at night.

Wombat No More

If this is some sort of scam or hoax, it is a pretty elaborate one. Just hope it is a case of Carole meeting someone & is out of touch in the province somewhere & will reappear somewhat embarrassed over the trouble she caused & not what the alternative may be.

I'm with you on that one Uzi.

I reported missing by email, a husband and wife, friends of mine, to INTERPOL here and to Australia Police, when they didn't contact me as arranged, on arriving in Manila for a several hours hours stop before going on to Aus. No contact and no answer on their number and not answering emails. They contacted me several days later by email, still oblivious to the alert I had put out on them and the worry caused, and they were fine, no problems anywhere along the line. I immediately emailed the two agencies above that all was fine.

INTERPOL here had not acknowledged my email at anytime whatsoever. Australia Police (the National Police body) had acknowledged my initial email and answered my final email also with words like "thank you for your email, I am happy that the situation is resolved. They are lucky to have a friend like you". But I'm a bit miffed at no response whatsoever from the Philippine agency. Sounds like the same attitude in this case from reports. Alittle too endemic for me.

I hope the same final result will occur in the case at hand but it is not a good scenario this one. My feelings go out to this woman and the family who must be in a situation of utter despair and will hate the Philippines in their hearts and souls forever, I'm sure.

tom_shor

not only Phuket, you can't fly to Bangkok from Cebu either.

she'd have had to have gone through Singapore, as you can't fly to Kuala Lumpur from Cebu any more.

she arrives in Manila. The next day she goes to Cebu. The day after that she heads to Singapore for Phuket. Just doesn't make sense. Maybe this itinerary is something the son just believed she had, rather than anything that she actually booked.

You can fly from Cebu to Clark and from there to Thailand. If she lives in HK she would probably be aware of the regional airlines.

Edited by tom_shor

If this is some sort of scam or hoax, it is a pretty elaborate one. Just hope it is a case of Carole meeting someone & is out of touch in the province somewhere & will reappear somewhat embarrassed over the trouble she caused & not what the alternative may be.

My thoughts were that this sounded like some douchebag kid playing a prank. I was gonna say sorry if I'm wrong but really my being right would be a GOOD thing in this case.

RetiredNavyGuy

I can not tell you how much I hope I am wrong, but for some reason, I've got a bad feeling about this one. My prayers and best wishes for a positive resolution go out to the family.

My thoughts were that this sounded like some douchebag kid playing a prank. I was gonna say sorry if I'm wrong but really my being right would be a GOOD thing in this case.

Except that the son isnt a kid. He is in his late-teens /20's. At least, old enough to have earned a BSc at Keele Univ, and to be an established actor.