THE AQUINO administration has invited foreign and local investors to bankroll

10 priority government projects in 2011 through public-private partnerships.

The government has set a conference on November 18-19 with private investors

from around the world to enlist support for the projects, which Malaca

did the airport ever get paid yet?

No. If I were that company I would send a rep to that conference to brief the attendees on how you will get screwed if you invest a single dime in the PI.

Why is the Bohol airport on the list? I saw a few weeks ago the Bohol land bridge was on the top of Acquino's list for unfinded projects in the PI. The bridge would negate the need for an airport on Panglao which is a stupid place for an airport anyway.

No and I doubt it ever will pay for the airport.. And yes Terp you are right, Aquino is asking for handouts. To his credit he is trying to be as low key as possible at the UN. Before when GMA would go she would stay at the Ritz and eat lobster. Aquino is making it a point that everyone sees him as a regular guy eating a hamburger and a regular suit. Thats all good and dandy, but the problem Aquino has is that the RP has done this over and over. And when countries like France do give them money for global warming and they use it instead to pay down the debt, this will cause Aquino to face many closed doors. And thats whats happening now

Even if 100 billion is invested in PH...the life of ordinary Filipino's would get more expensive...how about lowering the taxes, removing the exit fee from airport, lowering electricity charges..who will deal with current problem in PH..I don't think there is any hope.

The most shocking news was they are grooming Marcos son to be the next president :D

Why is that shocking? Most senior government jobs are passed down from generation to generation. You know what I would do if I were Obama? I would tell Aquino give me the detail plans of your infrastructure projects. Those that are good we will fund and give you the manpower and supplies. But no cash. We have heard the song and dance of 'help us with our infrastructure'. We have given millions if not billions and yet the infrastructure in the RP sucks. So now we will give supplies and manpower but no more all expense paid trips for you and your family and your girl friend and her family to Boracay.

Even if 100 billion is invested in PH...the life of ordinary Filipino's would get more expensive...how about lowering the taxes, removing the exit fee from airport, lowering electricity charges..who will deal with current problem in PH..I don't think there is any hope.

The most shocking news was they are grooming Marcos son to be the next president :D

Edited by Cary
I would tell Aquino give me the detail plans of your infrastructure projects. Those that are good we will fund and give you the manpower and supplies. But no cash

That wont work.

A major project I was involved with back in 91-92 had funding arranged (by some overseas governments) and was structured to pay contractors etc direct rather than just send the cash to a bottomless pit.

It fell apart during the latter planning stage, due to corruption, and clear signs that it would never work.

Do you mean Terminal 3 at NAIA? I believe the answer is no, the German investment consortium is probably still owed a significant sum for that. If that's the case, they'd better hurry-up and repay it and also buy all the equipment that's needed to complete the unused part of that terminal in readiness for the long-haul carriers who'll be moving there when the International Terminal (T1) closes at the end of the year/early next.

Mark

Do you mean Terminal 3 at NAIA?

I was just in that terminal. It's quite nice. :P

Although, I would advise against the nachos or shawarmas as a pre-flight snack.

I would tell Aquino give me the detail plans of your infrastructure projects. Those that are good we will fund and give you the manpower and supplies. But no cash

That wont work.

A major project I was involved with back in 91-92 had funding arranged (by some overseas governments) and was structured to pay contractors etc direct rather than just send the cash to a bottomless pit.

It fell apart during the latter planning stage, due to corruption, and clear signs that it would never work.

I think what Cary suggests is funding a US company to come and build whatever. If stuff doesn't happen because of corruption, they would be subject to US laws. Materials would be purchased locally but if prices had a kano tax added, Acquino would told that if he wants that project done they need to provide the materials at reasonable prices. It could work.

That wont work.

I think what Cary suggests is funding a US company to come and build whatever. If stuff doesn't happen because of corruption, they would be subject to US laws. Materials would be purchased locally but if prices had a kano tax added, Acquino would told that if he wants that project done they need to provide the materials at reasonable prices. It could work.

plus that the money spent will provide jobs ... wait now how does that help americans ?

Mark;

That would be great if they did that. But I honestly I don't think they can even if they want to. The RP despite Aquino talking up its stock market is broke. I know that many countries are broke now too but the RP is really broke. I hope you understand what I am trying to say here.

Do you mean Terminal 3 at NAIA? I believe the answer is no, the German investment consortium is probably still owed a significant sum for that. If that's the case, they'd better hurry-up and repay it and also buy all the equipment that's needed to complete the unused part of that terminal in readiness for the long-haul carriers who'll be moving there when the International Terminal (T1) closes at the end of the year/early next.

Mark

That helps Americans by having a more secure RP and in the long run less need of American resources.

That wont work.

plus that the money spent will provide jobs ... wait now how does that help americans ?

washingtonian88

With so many known mishaps, failed projects and so called on-going plans to finish or finalize ('forever')... it will take a really really good speaker with a golden tongue to convince investors to 'take risks'. If I am an investor, I will need more assurance than just a handshake and sweet talks. But who knows what these big giants are up to, those big turds doing their usual thing.