Meeting a girl in Cebu

who's idea was it she meet you in cebu instead of some place closer to her home?

I believe it was mutual but as of today she is pushing for me to meet her in Dipolog (home town). She wants me to meet her friends.

I have been to Philippines a few times but never to Mindano. However I have worked overseas (Africa / Asia) for many years and am use to going to places that are not so nice.

Anyone been to Dipolog?

Dipolog City is a nice place. My wife is from there. I have been there on two occasions.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marco88

• Cary

• udonthani

• Jess Bartone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Marco   This is quite a long thread with info from you in drips and drabs, so let me recap

I have a hard time with topics like these - because I read so many responses that are uncomplimentary toward the Philippines in General and the women here specifically.   You do realize the the Ph

Hey Marco, dont let too many people moz ya, follow your gut instinct and enjoy the moment. Just dont strutt around like a peacock and if you plan to travel around at least make sure it is safe especi

Posted Images

I was introduced to my GF/wife through my cousin who married her cousin so, the fears of 'going it alone' weren't there. And you seem well traveled so, you won't be as freaked out as I was half way around the whirl and seeing third world conditions.

A VF pension house is a good starter. You'll be under the 21 day visa coz you're not hooked up......married yet. The family and many friends/chaperones will be comforting to you and her the first few days. I was surprised that as 'conservative' as the Philippines are that the family let my G/F stay at the apartment alone with me.

The Roman fingers (I'm Italian) started for the both of us by the second day haaaaa haaaaaaa.......................BUT no 'contact' till we were married. I was a scared 57 yr old virgin then.................haaaaa haaaa

FRED ..............Good luck my friend

Marco;

This morning I got up at 5 am and I then proceeded to clean and mop our floors, feed our dogs and make my wife some coffee. Why? Because she got up at 4:30am and did our laundry. Why? She wanted my clothes to be nice and fresh for the week. Me? I did it out of appreciation and love of a woman I don't deserve. I'm being honest. Now since you are chatting with this girl again I am hoping you are looking for something real and lasting. Thats why I say again be yourself. Ask her what she would like to do. She will probably be shy to speak up but ask anyway. If McDonalds rocks her boat then have a good time there. If she rather have dirty ice cream from a vendor so be it. My point is you are about to travel roughly 13+ hours to be with her. So make your entire trip a date. And yes during that date see if atleast you can chat or text her family since they are in Dipolog and say hello.

Wombat No More

And a one star will most likely be like a 5 star to her anyway. The 5 star could overwhelm her if she is genuine about the relationship.

My missus seemed to be questioning my sanity when I suggested we go to a 3 star type place.

Still, up to you and be careful as there is a fair percentage of con girls here just out to bleed as much as they can get but most of them are fine.

Definitely find out the chaparone situation. Also is she expecting you to pay for her upkeep in cebu?

I disagree with what others said... go CHEAP, act like you don't have money... if she sticks with you she's a winner. Don't make yourself a target.

post-6386-128502570098_thumb.jpg

Edited by WombatPhil

If she is affluent, then take her to a nice ritzy restaurant.:)

she's not going to be 'affluent'. Dipilog city is in one of the very poorest regions of the Philippines.

that she's ready to get on a plane on her own - a bit surprising for somebody from somewhere like that, where incomes and educational levels are appallingly low - means, not that she's likely to be 'affluent', but more likely that she's gone far afield before, to Cebu or more likely than that, Manila. Which might easily imply that she may not be quite as innocent as she could be making out.

Thanks. She is 28 and is an accountant. I checked her facebook and she has plenty of photos with coworkers at the office so everything seems legit in that area. According to her she worked several years in Cebu in a clerical job. When I quizzed her about her past jobs she quickly listed off places and positions that were somewhat dull in nature. Not the kind it would seem if one was making it up.

I doubt her job pays a lot so doubtful that she is living an affluent lifestyle but would assume she is old enough and smart enough to know when someone was trying to con her.

She has also seen my facebook page (lots of bargirl friends) so actually she has a lot of concerns about me being a player. lol

Congratulations for chosing a woman with qualifications in her late 20's. I would take the opportunity to meet her in cebu. If you get on well together then you can go with her to visit the friends and relatives in Dipolog. I've lived poor and 5 star in the Phils and i prefer the latter. I would check in to one of the resorts at Mactan with a spa in the room and spend time hanging at the beach and pool getting to know her.

TheMatrix

I would take her to McDonald's regardless!!

I hate for new relationships to get off the ground with the appearance that I might be a potential sugar daddy.

I want them to like me for what I don't have.

Then if and when the relationship matures, we can slowly roll out the rich lifestyle we are accustom to living.

The mistake would be to bring out that lifestyle in the beginning, because of two reasons.

1) She'll always expect it. (don't set a precedent). 2) You question whether she is with you for the money or because you're a swell guy.

-

Edited by SteveMatrix
Guest mford019

I hate for new relationships to get off the ground with the appearance that I might be a potential sugar daddy.

Then if and when the relationship matures, we can slowly roll out the rich lifestyle we are accustom to living.

The mistake would be to bring out that lifestyle in the beginning, because of two reasons.

1) She'll always expect it. (don't set a precedent). 2) You question if she is with you for the money or because you're a swell guy.

-

Nice Ferrari

:wink:

Edited by mford019
TheMatrix

1) She'll always expect it. (don't set a precedent). 2) You question if she is with you for the money or because you're a swell guy.

-

Nice Ferrari

Thanks Bro! :thumbs_up:

And definitely NOT take the Ferrari to a first date... that is, unless you're objective is just to get laid.

-

Edited by SteveMatrix
RogerDuMond

Why not something like a dim sum restaurant? The problem with McDonalds is that the bag has as much flavor as the burger and probably more nutritional value.

Guest mford019

-

Nice Ferrari

And definitely NOT take the Ferrari to a first date... that is, unless you're objective is just to get laid.

-

Fun in Vegas

post-7760-128504567019_thumb.jpg

TheMatrix

-

Nice Ferrari

-

Fun in Vegas

Nice F430! Sweet!!

So that we stay on topic, I must add this caveat: Be sure to leave that car at home on that first date. :wink:

Why not something like a dim sum restaurant? The problem with McDonalds is that the bag has as much flavor as the burger and probably more nutritional value.

You're right. Any run-of-the-mill joint would do!

Headshot

You're right. Any run-of-the-mill joint would do!

Besides, Ronald McDonald is scary to many Filipinas.

You know, when I was a UCLA, there was this girl that I liked and I asked to for a date after class on Friday. The student paper, the Daily Bruin said that there was a new Chinese restaurant in Westwood that was 'perfect for a student budget.' I never forgot that in all these years. Anyway, we go after class and all of the waiters were wearing tuxs. I freaked big time. She saw the look of death on my face and took my hand and said its ok we can go elsewhere. Long story short - - that girl was a major keeper and even though we didn't hit it off we remained friends to this day.

• Like 1

You know, when I was a UCLA, there was this girl that I liked and I asked to for a date after class on Friday. The student paper, the Daily Bruin said that there was a new Chinese restaurant in Westwood that was 'perfect for a student budget.' I never forgot that in all these years. Anyway, we go after class and all of the waiters were wearing tuxs. I freaked big time. She saw the look of death on my face and took my hand and said its ok we can go elsewhere. Long story short - - that girl was a major keeper and even though we didn't hit it off we remained friends to this day.

Thanks Cary, I think we can all come up with stories like that, if we try hard enough

But don't let your wife know that you think about her too much....

Mike