Meeting a girl in Cebu

I just celebrated my 7th anniversary with my wife. She had me take her to the Aristocrat restaurant. I would call it a 3.5 star. I offered to take her to Outback and a walk on the beach. She said that she wanted to go back to the Aristocrat because we had a good time there. And afterwards she wanted t ago back home and spend the rest of the evening with me. She did not want me spend a lot of money. She wanted to spend time with me. She wanted to be with me. Not a lot of money. Quality time. Thats what you want to look for. By the way, I met my wife online. And 7 years ago she blessed me by saying 'I do' in front of family and friends. If you want a quick jump in the sack its very easy to do here. But I am assuming and hoping that since you have put in the time to chat with this girl that you have gotten to know her and that you are looking for a long term relationship. If I am correct then I say don't flash the cash, rather flash your personality to her and her family and open yourself to possibly a mate of a lifetime.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marco88

• Cary

• udonthani

• Jess Bartone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Marco   This is quite a long thread with info from you in drips and drabs, so let me recap

I have a hard time with topics like these - because I read so many responses that are uncomplimentary toward the Philippines in General and the women here specifically.   You do realize the the Ph

Hey Marco, dont let too many people moz ya, follow your gut instinct and enjoy the moment. Just dont strutt around like a peacock and if you plan to travel around at least make sure it is safe especi

Posted Images

with all the talk about whether to spend big-time or not and how she may react it seems no one has asked (maybe i just missed it) if you know how well off she and her family are. my wife's family is financially better off than my family but they are quite frugal. my wife would not have been impressed by an attempt to spend big time on a first date.

what did impress her was my willingness to try new things because she knew that this would be a necessary attitude if i was to make the adjustment here. hence, dinuguan on the first date made a good impression. found out later that she was more impressed because she thought i had a cute butt (too much information???) so you can see women aren't impressed just by money, they can be as sleazy as us men folk.

so my advice is be willing to give things a try (find a filipino restaurant near your home if possible and try some dishes before you come over), don't be cheap but don't be extravagant either, start conservative in regard to shows of affection, bring small gifts for family and friends (chocolates work but maybe something a little unique for the more important family/friends), and start exercising your butt off.

lastly, finding the right person on the internet is a bit of a crapshoot. one of the best marriages i've ever seen started this way, but don't come here thinking you are under some special pressure to make this relationship go all the way (marriage! not ...). relax, be yourself, take things slowly. trying too hard can backfire.

I agree with those that have said that 5 star accomm is going to freak out the average Mindanao girl, and would be the last thing to do. Any reasonable pension house will be fine. Food, even Jollibee is quite extravagant for a lot of Filipinos. Why not let her take the driving seat with the cuisine and let her introduce you to pinoy food.

bit surprised she's ready to head over to Cebu from Mindanao though. Especially if she's ready to jump on a plane, which presumably you are paying for. Most Filipinos have never or hardly ever been off their home island and would think it as being quite an undertaking. If she's young her family would likely be more than a touch concerned for her, unless . . .

she's been to Cebu before. If she has, that could indicate that she might be rather more worldly than she may be letting on in her present form as an online phantom.

I agree that a restaurant like Jolllibee would be quite extravagant for a lot of Filipinos since it is beyond the price range for most people. I remember asking my wife where she would like to eat when I first met her and she deferred to me since she is the traditional filipina (quite and reserved). I took her to McDonalds and she was blown away by eating there. I could not understand what the big deal was until she explained to me that most Filipinos would never think about eating at such a place since one meal is more than most Filipinos earn in a day or even a week. That is when I realized how poor most Filipinos really are.

I am also surprised that she is willing to travel to Cebu City since it would be like you or me going from small town USA to New York City. She might have just said that to impress you but since she mentioned you traveling to Dipolog City I would bet she regrets saying it and you taking her up on it. It would be better for you to go to where she is at so she will feel comfortable and secure.

Edited by TheDuke
OFW Filipina

Let her also to get some details about the convenient way to meet you both, for me i think better the place close to her. Or if not and you both deside to meet in cebu, let her to find out the schedule of the plane or ferry that can easy for her and same date that you arrived there in cebu. Then book her if she take a plane and send her the CONFIRMATION LETTER NUMBER of her ticket and DATE OF HER FLIGHT that SAME DATE THAT YOU ARRIVED IN THE CEBU AIRPORT. All she did is just bring her valid ID and present to claim her ticket. Hope it help this for you.

TheMatrix

I say take her to a place where she'll be comfortable. If she's a squatter, then take her to McDonald's.

If she is affluent, then take her to a nice ritzy restaurant.

Whether McDonald's or Ritzy, don't let the surroundings distract her/you. Let your personality shine.

:)

-

Edited by SteveMatrix
  • Admin (Retired)

go to what ever kind of places you would normally go to

be yourself

tell her you expect the same from her

who wants to find out the person they married is totally different from the person they dated?

udonthani

If she is affluent, then take her to a nice ritzy restaurant.:)

she's not going to be 'affluent'. Dipilog city is in one of the very poorest regions of the Philippines.

that she's ready to get on a plane on her own - a bit surprising for somebody from somewhere like that, where incomes and educational levels are appallingly low - means, not that she's likely to be 'affluent', but more likely that she's gone far afield before, to Cebu or more likely than that, Manila. Which might easily imply that she may not be quite as innocent as she could be making out.

Pretent you're very poor and then you will know if she likes you or your money. It's that simple. When will you arrive in Cebu? Let me know if you want help? My wife is from Mindanao and very inteligent.

throttleplate

Pretent you're very poor and then you will know if she likes you or your money. It's that simple. When will you arrive in Cebu? Let me know if you want help? My wife is from Mindanao and very inteligent.

I lived in dipolog for a year from june 2009 to june 2010,there is no 5 star hotel there,the closest to it is the Top Plaza hotel,i stayed there for 3 months by cutting a long term deal with them and it is 3 star tops,not that expensive.Also there is no 5 star restaurant there,wherever you go to eat it is very affordable.The only military presence i seen in a year was the young kids who are going through ROTC training whom are marching in parades or graduations.As far as walking around,i never had a problem,just keep to the busier streets even at 2 in the morning there are many natives on the streets hanging out or trying to sleep on there bikes or trike cabs and alot are waiting for businesses to open so to unload a truck ,i always felt safe with all the night people around.There is absolutely very little if anything to do or see in dipolog,i spent a year exploring on my motorcycle,if you want to spend a day at Dakak in Dapitan which is an hour away then that would be a good place to hang for a day.

I can understand her wanting to go to cebu,it would give her a mini vacation to get out of boring dipolog.My gf in dipolog has many friends and we hung out alot with them,i never showed money and from the day i met my gf i told her about my budget,her friends would all pitch in money to buy litres of red horse,i would buy a bottle or two and that was all that was expected,all ten of them would sit around and fill the same glass and pass it around taking turns drinking out of it.They all had fun,the only problem was they would speak in tagalog and it left me out of all conversations which sucked.

udonthani
[only problem was they would speak in tagalog and it left me out of all conversations which sucked.

If you could speak Cebuano or Chavacano which are much more widely spoken, then you'd have every right to feel pissed off if they spoke Tagalog around you, because Tagalog isn't all that widely spoken in Zamboanga at all - basically only migrants from Luzon and a very few highly educated people. Tagalog is only the first language of about 25% of Filipinos, nearly all of whom live a hell of a long way from Zamboanga.

I say take her to a place where she'll be comfortable. If she's a squatter, then take her to McDonald's.

If she is affluent, then take her to a nice ritzy restaurant.

Whether McDonald's or Ritzy, don't let the surroundings distract her/you. Let your personality shine.

1frog.gif

-

Based on your post I assume you beleive that everyone that eats at McDonalds is a squatter. You are so out of touch with reality if you really think that way.

I have to admit that the last time I was in Dipolog City around 1990, the Philippines was just coming out the revolution with a new government and things were a little touchy. I remember taking a jeepney from Cagayan de Oro to Balingoan to take a ferry to Camaguin Island and having to get down in the floorboard of the jeepney when we got to a military checkpoint. I'm not sure if I was in danger or not but all of the locals on the jeepney told me to get down and I didn't want to argue with them. I'm sure things I have improved since that time.

Edited by TheDuke

If she is affluent, then take her to a nice ritzy restaurant.:shitstormretarded:

she's not going to be 'affluent'. Dipilog city is in one of the very poorest regions of the Philippines.

that she's ready to get on a plane on her own - a bit surprising for somebody from somewhere like that, where incomes and educational levels are appallingly low - means, not that she's likely to be 'affluent', but more likely that she's gone far afield before, to Cebu or more likely than that, Manila. Which might easily imply that she may not be quite as innocent as she could be making out.

Thanks. She is 28 and is an accountant. I checked her facebook and she has plenty of photos with coworkers at the office so everything seems legit in that area. According to her she worked several years in Cebu in a clerical job. When I quizzed her about her past jobs she quickly listed off places and positions that were somewhat dull in nature. Not the kind it would seem if one was making it up.

I doubt her job pays a lot so doubtful that she is living an affluent lifestyle but would assume she is old enough and smart enough to know when someone was trying to con her.

She has also seen my facebook page (lots of bargirl friends) so actually she has a lot of concerns about me being a player. lol

RetiredNavyGuy

She has also seen my facebook page (lots of bargirl friends) so actually she has a lot of concerns about me being a player. lol

Lots of bargirl friends seems like it might be a bit strange. ...but hey, man. Good luck.

We friended each on facebook so it is easy to check out her stories and so far everything checks out. She has 250 or so friends so it would be difficult to hide a husband or boyfriend.

Marco

Have you ever heard of multiple accounts ?

I hear you on that one. As soon as she friended me I checked her friends and 95% are from Dipolog or other places in Mindano. Alot of photos of kids birthdays and christenings. She is tagged alot on her friends photo albums and there is never a guy with her. I am sure she could easly not post photos on her page of her with other guys but it would seem to be difficult to stop others from tagging her on their albums.

But I must say facebook is great. I have written off several girls from DIA after they friended me on facebook. Some would had multiple photos of them a certian guy. Others would have pictures working in a bar (GRO) but of course they would say on their profile that they were a student.

Thanks Marco

Lots of bargirl friends seems like it might be a bit strange. ...but hey, man. Good luck.

Thanks. I am definitely not a saint and have barfined my fair share of girls but I am honest about my past with her. She gives me a lot of crap and calls me a playboy but for some reason unknown to me likes me. I think some girls are attracted to lost causes.