Our visa trip down bullshit wayWe applied for an IR-1 visa in august. 2009 Sept. 14,2010 1 Our application was sent

To me the whole spit test thing doesn't seem completely unreasonable... however waiting 2 months for a simple test result does seem that way to me. if they are going to make you pay $200 and do this they could at least be fast.

The whole 'it's for us safety' thing is SO hypocritical. how many illegal aliens are they testing for TB and deporting???

Well Robert, I cannot claim to control spitum tests, but I can claim that not one of our clients has ever had one tenth of the problems you have had!

Maybe it would not have been so expensive to pay for help in the first place.

Larry in Dumaguete

i asked and offered to pay to speed up the 2 month wait but it was a no go , they have the corner on the testing and they will keep the money flowing , there are about 100 people a day taking physicals do the math... 100 x 213 US , US 21,130 per day.... great side line...

well after the x ray if there is any hazy area a 3 day spitem test is given and that is sent to a lab to make sure there is no TB as my wife passed that in June why are they asking again in september for another one?

St. Lukes, as well as every other agency that has power in these situations, (such as the nuns at CFO) sometimes pushes their responsibilities to the extreme. Maybe in some cases it is crab mentality, and in other cases someone flexing their power hungry muscles just because they can. You will have this anywhere you have to deal with government agencies and officials. As painful as it may be, all you can do is grin and bear it, or give up as many before you have.

The best thing one can do when dealing with agencies such as this is to have all their ducks in a row the very first time they enter the premises. By being well prepared and knowing what is required of you makes their job easier, and sometimes in turn comes back in the form of them returning the favor by granting what is needed without all the BS and drama.

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry in Dumaguete

well larry as it seems everyone you send passes first time with no spitum testing you could use that as a tool and say.. if you dont pass first time using our service its FREE what a great sales tool

and larry how would you have been able to help with a x ray that has an old injury that appears to be hazy? or a 1978 divorce record needed from a state that due to budget cutbacks has falling behind by 6 months plus on doing their jobs? or the fact that the Philippines typed the first name using a e instead of a i on one of the documents and this caused the embassy employee to wonder if it was done to sneak one past? seems to help you would need a free pass at ST Lukes or a connection in california superior court , and a friend in the embassy... do you have any of these on staff?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Cary

• shadow

• JohnFromTexas

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am certainly in no way pro bureaucracy but I think it might be good to point out a couple things to someone who might be applying for this type or really any type of visa somewhere down the road.  

"As soon as a person has the least amount of power, they will immediately begin to abuse it." It doesn't really matter what government they are part of, if government workers think they have some cont

JohnFromTexas

Where's a good fixer when you need one :scratch_head:

almost everyone fails the TB test thru a hazy x ray, and then they must come back for 3 days in a row to give a sample and then go home and wait 2 months for the results...

Ok ... Let me get this straight.

The medical exam at St Lukes takes 3 days to complete, but if your wife has a bad chest Xray, she has to stay another 3 days while giving sputum samples. So, your stay needs to be for 6 days.

I guess the best way to do this thing is to buy just 1-way airline tickets to Manila since you really don't know whether or not you will be there for 3 days or 6 days ... and if your wrong, these airlines like Cebu Pacific won't refund your money or change your return date.

Ron,

Edited by Turbota

To me the whole spit test thing doesn't seem completely unreasonable... however waiting 2 months for a simple test result does seem that way to me. if they are going to make you pay $200 and do this they could at least be fast.

The whole 'it's for us safety' thing is SO hypocritical. how many illegal aliens are they testing for TB and deporting???

Well Robert, I cannot claim to control spitum tests, but I can claim that not one of our clients has ever had one tenth of the problems you have had!

Maybe it would not have been so expensive to pay for help in the first place.

Larry in Dumaguete

i asked and offered to pay to speed up the 2 month wait but it was a no go , they have the corner on the testing and they will keep the money flowing , there are about 100 people a day taking physicals do the math... 100 x 213 US , US 21,130 per day.... great side line...

well after the x ray if there is any hazy area a 3 day spitem test is given and that is sent to a lab to make sure there is no TB as my wife passed that in June why are they asking again in september for another one?

St. Lukes, as well as every other agency that has power in these situations, (such as the nuns at CFO) sometimes pushes their responsibilities to the extreme. Maybe in some cases it is crab mentality, and in other cases someone flexing their power hungry muscles just because they can. You will have this anywhere you have to deal with government agencies and officials. As painful as it may be, all you can do is grin and bear it, or give up as many before you have.

The best thing one can do when dealing with agencies such as this is to have all their ducks in a row the very first time they enter the premises. By being well prepared and knowing what is required of you makes their job easier, and sometimes in turn comes back in the form of them returning the favor by granting what is needed without all the BS and drama.

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry in Dumaguete

well larry as it seems everyone you send passes first time with no spitum testing you could use that as a tool and say.. if you dont pass first time using our service its FREE what a great sales tool

and larry how would you have been able to help with a x ray that has an old injury that appears to be hazy? or a 1978 divorce record needed from a state that due to budget cutbacks has falling behind by 6 months plus on doing their jobs? or the fact that the Philippines typed the first name using a e instead of a i on one of the documents and this caused the embassy employee to wonder if it was done to sneak one past? seems to help you would need a free pass at ST Lukes or a connection in california superior court , and a friend in the embassy... do you have any of these on staff?

Nothing I could have done about the xray. Once you fall astray of St. Lukes you just have to grin and bear it. Actually you are quite lucky, many have had to stay there in Manila for 6 months so that St. Lukes can administer the medication on a daily basis.

However, I could have told you about the need for the divorce decree(s), saving you one wasted trip to Manila. I could have told you that all names have to be spelled correctly, possibly saving you another wasted trip to Manila. I could have told you about the requirement of all names needed on the NBI clearance, quite possibly saving you 3 or more trips to Manila altogether. I could have told you that there was a $400 visa fee, saving you stress.

If I save someone just one trip to Manila due to lack of proper documentation, after paying my fee they would have saved money. How much does a trip to Manila generally cost you, with hotels, food, airfare, etc? $500+?

Larry in Dumaguete

well i agree you could of told me about the california bullshit and your advise would of been ? just wait another year i am sure by then the paperwork will be here?What i did was pitch a fit to the senator of oregon where i last lived and they were able to get the paperwork to me in 2 months. As the misspelled paperwork was a document from her annulment one paper said .... rememiga and the other said remimiga would you have told me to ask the court of appeals to change the paperwork? on the NBI we were told while still in manila she needed her two seperate NBI to be joined as one for some reason and to say A.K.A. so while there we did that only to be told the next week to do it again this time to misspell the first name to add the i instead of the e... most of the problems a person has are not from the councle but from the workers who must see day after day people flying off to the US while they stay behind, well you will have your hands full with our buddy erik some how i dont see erik as a paperwork saving type of guy.... hope you can help him get his true love to the US,,, and Erik i mean this you are one of the happiest guys i have seen in a long time in the Philippines and i really hope all works out for you and your true love....

Edited by robert51

almost everyone fails the TB test thru a hazy x ray, and then they must come back for 3 days in a row to give a sample and then go home and wait 2 months for the results...

Ok ... Let me get this straight.

The medical exam at St Lukes takes 3 days to complete, but if your wife has a bad chest Xray, she has to stay another 3 days while giving sputum samples. So, your stay needs to be for 6 days.

I guess the best way to do this thing is to buy just 1-way airline tickets to Manila since you really don't know whether or not you will be there for 3 days or 6 days ... and if your wrong, these airlines like Cebu Pacific won't refund your money or change your return date.

Ron,

the way it works it SAY your appointment is on a Tuesday at ST Lukes your wife goes there early before 7 am and stays often till afternoon no food or drink till blood is taken ... now at the end of the day they can if ready release the paperwork to be taken to the embassy the next day.... or they will take it themselves and at that point they will tell your wife ... if she needs to have a test for TB because the x ray is not clear which is understandable as who has clear lungs in the Philippines unless they live in the boonies and dont smoke ..... If this is required they will tell her to come back usually that thursday in the morning no food or drink and spit... then again friday and again the next monday... then she can go home and wait the two months for the results if its negtive which many are then she goes to her interview if its postive she then needs to start the 6 month daily treatment at their place ONLY... my wife has had to have this spit test done 3 times because her x ray shows a cloudy spot on the upper cheast where she has had a accident as a child..... i would not buy a round trip ticket till you find out or go to manila on the few times every hotel is booked ,, we were told on this trip this testing was ramped UP and the doctor would rather have the visa applicant come and do the 3 day spit test then to risk sending someone with TB to the US../// when you first file the applicant is given one year to complete the process or they must pay again ... the physical is good for 6 months period ... even one day over means a re take. My wife took her physical on march 2, 2010 and had to do the spit test in april about the 20 th and the negtive ,,, came back June about the 15 and then she was allowed to take the interview, we completed the last of the bullshit on sept. 14,2010 which is over the 6 months from march 2 even though the extra test was done on june 20 pay again and take over and agin with the cloudy x ray

• 2 weeks later...
smokey

Well today is Sunday and we are on our way toManila again to re do the TB test for the 3rd time so for 3 days the wife willget up go to ST lukes and spit... and in two months we will have the resultshopefully negative like the last 2 times... and then off to the embassy to seeif they are going to say ... whoops there is a problem your application is nowexpired in November... sir you can pay at the counter and get your appointmentfor a NEW interview...

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Crossed_Fingers_2.jpg

good luck man

The Mason

Robert, I think I can top you when it comes to St. Luke's bullshit. My wife went through the hazy chest x-ray, 3-day sputum, and culture. Her results came back positive for TB. So, we had to move from Baguio to Manila so she could take her 6 month course of treatment.

She completed her 6-month treatment and all tests during the treatment were negative, so she was cleared to take the medical again. We paid another $200 and on the chest x-ray, they flagged it as anomalous again and made her redo the sputum test.

So, even though St. Luke's themselves had certified her as TB free, they made her retake the TB culture and sputum tests again. After collecting another $200 of course. The doctor told us that it was possible my wife got a different strain of TB between when she completed treatment and took her second medical exam. I restrained from slapping her in the face, but I did tell her that was the stupidest fecking explanation I'd ever heard. The look on her face when I cursed at her gave me a LOT of satisfaction.

We've decided that once we have no further need for St. Luke's, we'll take the medical staff a batch of steaming dogshit in peachy-peachy cartons as our pasalubong.

Edited by The Mason
smokey

i started to give shit to the lady in charge but its like talking to a rock... sorry sir that is the rule....sorry sir i did not make the rule... sorry sir i dont know who made the rule... sorry sir the in charge is not here and i dont know when or if they will be here soon ... yesterday my wife went to the spit test... she arrived at 6.30 AM she was given number 137 when she was finished at 7.50 they were giving out number 345... they are open till 9 am ... hummmmm she sat next to a womem who JUST got back from the US after 5 years on a religous visa?? and the women failed the x ray and was blow away how can that be?? Well mommm the staff told her we have to be extra careful or the embassy will be upset with us... i bet the Clinic is pulling in 1 to 1 1/2 million peso a day ....

Edited by robert51