Our visa trip down bullshit wayWe applied for an IR-1 visa in august. 2009 Sept. 14,2010 1 Our application was sent

Hey Larry,

Next month I will file the K1 Visa for Gigi...how about I stop bye your place and you can proof read my paper work?of course I pay for your time.

Erik

Ok, just let me know ahead of time as our schedule is unpredictable.

Larry

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Cary

• shadow

• JohnFromTexas

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am certainly in no way pro bureaucracy but I think it might be good to point out a couple things to someone who might be applying for this type or really any type of visa somewhere down the road.  

"As soon as a person has the least amount of power, they will immediately begin to abuse it." It doesn't really matter what government they are part of, if government workers think they have some cont

Robert;

This is another hoop don't stop. When I arrived in May with my 13A packet, BOI made me go to the Dept. of Immunization. Once there the dr. wanted me to take my physical again. I started to lose it at that point. But I bit my tongue and informed the dr. that I just finished taking a full blown exam for the 13A which included everything they wanted and more less than 3 months ago, please look at my packet. The dr. looked and said ok pay us the fee for coming there. I did, got their stamp and then went back to BOI to pay them off and get on the road to my ACR card. Long story short Robert, its a racket. They want us to pay additional fees that are not even listed on their site. It seems to me that they are doing the same to you and your wife. As the others have said, keep going and don't quit.

Robert, sounds like someone is deliberately trying to block you, for example this second medical, why another after passing the first? Don't give up.

i think its just lazy employees every time you go there you speak to someone different explain everything only to have another person call you up later ........ the second physical is because we were told the 6 months was up by 6 days so we have to start the medical over great for ST luke at 200 US a pop as hundreds take the physical every day and i was told there are people who have had to take the physical more then 3 times...

Robert;

This is another hoop don't stop. When I arrived in May with my 13A packet, BOI made me go to the Dept. of Immunization. Once there the dr. wanted me to take my physical again. I started to lose it at that point. But I bit my tongue and informed the dr. that I just finished taking a full blown exam for the 13A which included everything they wanted and more less than 3 months ago, please look at my packet. The dr. looked and said ok pay us the fee for coming there. I did, got their stamp and then went back to BOI to pay them off and get on the road to my ACR card. Long story short Robert, its a racket. They want us to pay additional fees that are not even listed on their site. It seems to me that they are doing the same to you and your wife. As the others have said, keep going and don't quit.

Robert, sounds like someone is deliberately trying to block you, for example this second medical, why another after passing the first? Don't give up.

i think its just lazy employees every time you go there you speak to someone different explain everything only to have another person call you up later ........ the second physical is because we were told the 6 months was up by 6 days so we have to start the medical over great for ST luke at 200 US a pop as hundreds take the physical every day and i was told there are people who have had to take the physical more then 3 times...

well i try to look at the good in everything we just got back today and already booked for our next stay oct 4,5,6. so they can make sure again for the second time this year that my wife does not have TB i wonder how much St Luke's makes per day doing physicals.. 200 a person and i see long lines there every day.... hummmmm the biggest problem is the people who have the power over the applicants are their fellow countrymen ... maybe there is a tiny bit of resentment

Hey Larry,

Next month I will file the K1 Visa for Gigi...how about I stop bye your place and you can proof read my paper work?of course I pay for your time.

Erik

Ok, just let me know ahead of time as our schedule is unpredictable.

Larry

Thanks Larry...will PM you oct.

Robert;

I do believe that there is resentment of some sort. I don't remember the post but I mentioned before shortly after we got married, my wife and I went grocery shopping. When we got in the checkout line, the checkout girl looked at me and then asked my wife; 'where did you find him? he is so young.' My wife then replied; 'he is my husband.' Again, just bear through it as best you can so that you and your wife can be done with this madness.

well i try to look at the good in everything we just got back today and already booked for our next stay oct 4,5,6. so they can make sure again for the second time this year that my wife does not have TB i wonder how much St Luke's makes per day doing physicals.. 200 a person and i see long lines there every day.... hummmmm the biggest problem is the people who have the power over the applicants are their fellow countrymen ... maybe there is a tiny bit of resentment

So, for any wife going to St. lukes for the medical exam, all they need to bring with them is the letter from the US Embassy showing there interview date and there Philippines passport?

Oh, and I guess $200 in pesos?

So, for any wife going to St. lukes for the medical exam, all they need to bring with them is the letter from the US Embassy showing there interview date and there Philippines passport?

yes but the trick is almost everyone fails the TB test thru a hazy x ray and then they must come back for 3 days in a row to give a sample and then go home and wait 2 months for the results... this has messed us up with the airlines and hotel ... you book your stay to include the St lukes and the interview is usually 2 days later but when the x ray comes back hazy like 80 % plus do you need to hang out another 3 days and now you need to change your hotel and airlines , we have done this many times... last week we arrived Sunday and were to leave thursday but with the problem in the physical we had to stay 2 extra days and then book to come back in 2 weeks to give the sample for another 3 days.i bet we have spent counting the ((800 US in fees,,400application 400 st lukes )) another 5,000us in hotel and travel for the 5 plus times we have been to manila to turn in more papers and work on this visa and we are not done yet///// a good hotel to stay close to embassy and ST lukes and robbinsons is Cherry Blossom

Edited by robert51

almost everyone fails the TB test

Sorry Robert, but not almost everyone fails the TB test. In our experience, about 10% fail, and yes, some of them had no TB.

Larry in Dumaguete

$213.?? in exact change in pesos or dollars.

Larry in Dumaguete

OOps, I was thinking of the embassy. I'm not sure that St. Lukes will accept dollars.

Edited by shadow

larry as of last week when I pitched a fit inST lukes and got to talk to the boss ( rosa ) the rules have changed and they are now very tight on screening ,,, they know in march when my wife took the test last time there was a hazy spot so they made her come back in April to spit three days in a row ... now the results came back the end of June and they were for the second time negative so here we are in sept and again the x ray and again hazy so again the spit test so I said from the end of June to Sept is ONLY 2 1/2months and the test is good for at least 90 days.... she agreed BUT the new guidelines from the US she said are much more stringent and even if it was last week the test was done each x ray required ANOTHER SPIT TEST UNLESS ITS PERFECTLY CLEAR which she said very few are... they consider the new guidelines just an extra step to assure to the US that NO TB is coming into the US and a small price to pay for peace of mind of the US

Edited by robert51

larry as of last week when I pitched a fit inST lukes and got to talk to the boss ( rosa ) the rules have changed and they are now very tight on screening ,,, they know in march when my wife took the test last time there was a hazy spot so they made her come back in April to spit three days in a row ... now the results came back the end of June and they were for the second time negative so here we are in sept and again the x ray and again hazy so again the spit test so I said from the end of June to Sept is ONLY 2 1/2months and the test is good for at least 90 days.... she agreed BUT the new guidelines from the US she said are much more stringent and even if it was last week the test was done each x ray required ANOTHER SPIT TEST UNLESS ITS PERFECTLY CLEAR which she said very few are... they consider the new guidelines just an extra step to assure to the US that NO TB is coming into the US and a small price to pay for peace of mind of the US

Robert we have had three clients pass the physical at St. Lukes since June, and none fail.

Larry in Dumaguete

Robert we have had three clients pass the physical at St. Lukes since June, and none fail.

Larry in Dumaguete

well after the x ray if there is any hazy area a 3 day spitem test is given and that is sent to a lab to make sure there is no TB as my wife passed that in June why are they asking again in september for another one?

well after the x ray if there is any hazy area a 3 day spitem test is given and that is sent to a lab to make sure there is no TB as my wife passed that in June why are they asking again in september for another one?

St. Lukes, as well as every other agency that has power in these situations, (such as the nuns at CFO) sometimes pushes their responsibilities to the extreme. Maybe in some cases it is crab mentality, and in other cases someone flexing their power hungry muscles just because they can. You will have this anywhere you have to deal with government agencies and officials. As painful as it may be, all you can do is grin and bear it, or give up as many before you have.

The best thing one can do when dealing with agencies such as this is to have all their ducks in a row the very first time they enter the premises. By being well prepared and knowing what is required of you makes their job easier, and sometimes in turn comes back in the form of them returning the favor by granting what is needed without all the BS and drama.

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry in Dumaguete

JohnFromTexas

To me the whole spit test thing doesn't seem completely unreasonable... however waiting 2 months for a simple test result does seem that way to me. if they are going to make you pay $200 and do this they could at least be fast.

The whole 'it's for us safety' thing is SO hypocritical. how many illegal aliens are they testing for TB and deporting???

To me the whole spit test thing doesn't seem completely unreasonable... however waiting 2 months for a simple test result does seem that way to me. if they are going to make you pay $200 and do this they could at least be fast.

The whole 'it's for us safety' thing is SO hypocritical. how many illegal aliens are they testing for TB and deporting???

i asked and offered to pay to speed up the 2 month wait but it was a no go , they have the corner on the testing and they will keep the money flowing , there are about 100 people a day taking physicals do the math... 100 x 213 US , US 21,130 per day.... great side line...

St. Lukes, as well as every other agency that has power in these situations, (such as the nuns at CFO) sometimes pushes their responsibilities to the extreme. Maybe in some cases it is crab mentality, and in other cases someone flexing their power hungry muscles just because they can. You will have this anywhere you have to deal with government agencies and officials. As painful as it may be, all you can do is grin and bear it, or give up as many before you have.

The best thing one can do when dealing with agencies such as this is to have all their ducks in a row the very first time they enter the premises. By being well prepared and knowing what is required of you makes their job easier, and sometimes in turn comes back in the form of them returning the favor by granting what is needed without all the BS and drama.

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry in Dumaguete

well larry as it seems everyone you send passes first time with no spitum testing you could use that as a tool and say.. if you dont pass first time using our service its FREE what a great sales tool

Well Robert, I cannot claim to control spitum tests, but I can claim that not one of our clients has ever had one tenth of the problems you have had!

Maybe it would not have been so expensive to pay for help in the first place.

Larry in Dumaguete

i asked and offered to pay to speed up the 2 month wait but it was a no go , they have the corner on the testing and they will keep the money flowing , there are about 100 people a day taking physicals do the math... 100 x 213 US , US 21,130 per day.... great side line...

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry in Dumaguete

well larry as it seems everyone you send passes first time with no spitum testing you could use that as a tool and say.. if you dont pass first time using our service its FREE what a great sales tool