Our visa trip down bullshit wayWe applied for an IR-1 visa in august. 2009 Sept. 14,2010 1 Our application was sent

I did find out something very important when filling out the income.... IF YOU RECEIVE DISABILITY FROM THE VA IN ANY AMOUNT THIS IS NOT TAXABLE AND DOES NOT GET ENTERED INTO YOUR RETURNE But the embassy will want you to prove you receive this income and its not taxable so you need to bring at least 1 1/2 years bank statement showing the va puts money in your acct every month so you can add it to your income statement and the law that states you do not need to file this income in your tax return can be found in the 2009 IRS pamphlet 17 page 52 on the middle right side. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p17.pdf

Edited by robert51
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• JohnFromTexas

• Cary

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am certainly in no way pro bureaucracy but I think it might be good to point out a couple things to someone who might be applying for this type or really any type of visa somewhere down the road.  

"As soon as a person has the least amount of power, they will immediately begin to abuse it." It doesn't really matter what government they are part of, if government workers think they have some cont

JohnFromTexas

hey headshot what documentation are you seeing that in? i'm not seeing it in my instr-134 -- is it in another document somewhere? This is what i'm seeing:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

Hmm won't let me cut and paste.

Edited by JohnFromTexas
JohnFromTexas

robert how long are the waits at the embassy to file paperwork?

Headshot

hey headshot what documentation are you seeing that in? i'm not seeing it in my instr-134 -- is it in another document somewhere? This is what i'm seeing:

I-864EZ, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act

OMB No. 1615-0075

It's on Page 7 of the instructions.

Edited by Headshot
tom_shor

I did find out something very important when filling out the income.... IF YOU RECEIVE DISABILITY FROM THE VA IN ANY AMOUNT THIS IS NOT TAXABLE AND DOES NOT GET ENTERED INTO YOUR RETURNE But the embassy will want you to prove you receive this income and its not taxable so you need to bring at least 1 1/2 years bank statement showing the va puts money in your acct every month so you can add it to your income statement and the law that states you do not need to file this income in your tax return can be found in the 2009 IRS pamphlet 17 page 52 on the middle right side. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p17.pdf

Don't you get some kind of statement from the VA about what the amount is?

I don'r remember where it says it but I just filed an I134 two days ago. It is there. I think it is on the form itself. They require last years tax return but the returns for the two years previous to that are optional.

Ok found it. Page 8 of the instructions for the I864

25. Federal Income Tax Information

You must provide either an IRS transcript or a photocopy from your own records of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year. If you believe additional returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photocopies of your Federal individual income tax returns for the three most recent years.

Edited by tom_shor

"As soon as a person has the least amount of power, they will immediately begin to abuse it." It doesn't really matter what government they are part of, if government workers think they have some control over people's lives, they will abuse that control. Never mind that US embassies are supposed to help US citizens overseas. The US government has obviously taken the stand that any American male living in the Philippines must be scum...and therefore any Filipina who would associate with these Americans must be scum as well.

Granting a visa is not a service the Embassy provides to American citizens. The visa services are provided to foreign nationals. The American govt. has consistently shown that they have very little respect for the rights of non-citizens, and only a modicum more for the rights of citizens.

Look on the bright side, if you were married to an Iraqi or Afghani woman, the govt. might have killed her by mistake rather than simply denying her a visa.

Edited by The Mason

Well today my wife went to st lukes and of course they are referring her to another test where they come 3 days in a row and spit and then wait two months for the lab results till then everything is on hold.... this is her second physical this year... the embassy stalled with more paper work more paperwork then ok the paper work is done but the physical has expired and because of this delay your application which is good for one year will also expire.... and her passport will need to be changed so it has 6 months left on it after her visa is given so we now need to come back oct 4,5,6 to spit and then go home wait 2 more months and if negative THEN go back to the embassy and re start our case... of course she will also need a new passport and MORE money.... oh well shit happens

on the lighter side i saw a guy so old and slow with old style suspenders with a very young hottie hope they approve him before he checks into the farm in the sky....

Edited by robert51

Don't you get some kind of statement from the VA about what the amount is?

http://www.uscis.gov.../i-134instr.pdf

I don'r remember where it says it but I just filed an I134 two days ago. It is there. I think it is on the form itself. They require last years tax return but the returns for the two years previous to that are optional.

Ok found it. Page 8 of the instructions for the I864

25. Federal Income Tax Information

You must provide either an IRS transcript or a photocopy from your own records of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year. If you believe additional returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photocopies of your Federal individual income tax returns for the three most recent years.

well in your paperwork on your award and your bank statements will show the amount if your using this money as income... the amount of income required to NOT have a co spouncer i think is about 15,000 us or maybe 17,000 and when you give your domicile letter they asked for an address we will be out and just gave a family member

mikejwoodnz

Well today my wife went to st lukes and of course they are referring her to another test where they come 3 days in a row and spit and then wait two months for the lab results till then everything is on hold.... this is her second physical this year... the embassy stalled with more paper work more paperwork then ok the paper work is done but the physical has expired and because of this delay your application which is good for one year will also expire.... and her passport will need to be changed so it has 6 months left on it after her visa is given so we now need to come back oct 4,5,6 to spit and then go home wait 2 more months and if negative THEN go back to the embassy and re start our case... of course she will also need a new passport and MORE money.... oh well shit happens

on the lighter side i saw a guy so old and slow with old style suspenders with a very young hottie hope they approve him before he checks into the farm in the sky....

just adding some support here - we we also went through all the bullshit - all I can add is we kept focused and in the end succeeded - survival of the fittest - oh wait was I that guy in the suspenders ?oldtimer.gif

Jess Bartone

Robert, sounds like someone is deliberately trying to block you, for example this second medical, why another after passing the first? Don't give up.

Robert, sounds like someone is deliberately trying to block you, for example this second medical, why another after passing the first? Don't give up.

i think its just lazy employees every time you go there you speak to someone different explain everything only to have another person call you up later ........ the second physical is because we were told the 6 months was up by 6 days so we have to start the medical over great for ST luke at 200 US a pop as hundreds take the physical every day and i was told there are people who have had to take the physical more then 3 times...

At least the PI passport renewal is substantially cheaper than the US even if you consider it's only good for half as long.

John, you cannot use an I-134 form for a DCF filing. You must use I-864EZ if you qualify, otherwise you must use I-864. I-134 is for K1 fiance visa, which cannot be done via DCF.

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

Hey Larry,

Next month I will file the K1 Visa for Gigi...how about I stop bye your place and you can proof read my paper work?of course I pay for your time.

Erik

Edited by fanboat

Same old same old. The Philippines will NEVER advance. Watch Cambodia pass them by.

My wife of 10 years used to put up with that crap because "that's how it's done here, if you don't like it leave". Now after 10 years living here in the States she does NOT put up wit that BS anymore. It is very funny to watch her turn from the 85LB quiet Filipina to a Native New Yorker. She just starts yelling at them in Tagalog that they are just "jealous and petty and they need to do their job." They are always just stunned and gets what she wants done accomplished in record time.

"The squeaking hinge gets the oil soonest"

He he

EAGLE Tom