Our visa trip down bullshit wayWe applied for an IR-1 visa in august. 2009 Sept. 14,2010 1 Our application was sent

We applied for an IR-1 visa in august. 2009 Sept. 14,2010

1 Our application was sent back as they would not take managers check. We complied and hand carried the application in November 2009 with the proper payment to manila.

2 Next we were called and told my wife annulment was fine but they wanted the original marriage cert. notarized and it had to say annulled we did that and came to manila to turn it in person and then went home again NEXT CAME THE INTERVIEW AND ST LUKES

3 We came to manila first we went to St. Lukes and a spot was found on her x ray and we had to extend our stay and give a sample 3 days in a row and then go home and wait 2 months for the culture.

4 The culture was negative and we received St Luke approval and we went to the interview. During the interview we were told we needed a new NBI in my wife

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• JohnFromTexas

• Cary

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am certainly in no way pro bureaucracy but I think it might be good to point out a couple things to someone who might be applying for this type or really any type of visa somewhere down the road.  

"As soon as a person has the least amount of power, they will immediately begin to abuse it." It doesn't really matter what government they are part of, if government workers think they have some cont

Situation like this happen because people don't know their jobs and because the don't care because it's not their life they are screwing with. And, then people wonder why did the gunman go crazy and kill all those people? Many of us have been through simular situations like this but it usually turns out good if you have enough patients and never quit trying.

tom_shor

I've done mortal combat with immigration a few times myself. Good luck getting it worked out. The fees keep increasing and the service keeps declining.

Exactly. Also they get mad when you tell them that they need to do their jobs.

I've done mortal combat with immigration a few times myself. Good luck getting it worked out. The fees keep increasing and the service keeps declining.

My heart goes out to you too. I've experienced much of the same crap you did when I tried to get my wife's visa to come to the states. They can think of more ways to jerk you around then you can ever think of. bs_sign.gif Its almost like its a game to them. It's enough to drive you crazy. banghead.gif Just remember to dot every i and cross every t....and when you think you don't need to have something or bring something.....bring it anyway. Just don't bring a baseball bat. You'll probably wind up using it. bashtroll.gif Good luck and remember to stay calm.

I'm suprised you just didn't get an attorney to do most of the leg work for you. Time costs money.

Same old same old. The Philippines will NEVER advance. Watch Cambodia pass them by.

My wife of 10 years used to put up with that crap because "that's how it's done here, if you don't like it leave". Now after 10 years living here in the States she does NOT put up wit that BS anymore. It is very funny to watch her turn from the 85LB quiet Filipina to a Native New Yorker. She just starts yelling at them in Tagalog that they are just "jealous and petty and they need to do their job." They are always just stunned and gets what she wants done accomplished in record time.

Same old same old. The Philippines will NEVER advance. Watch Cambodia pass them by.

I think it's the US in this case...

;)

So you think they will be passed by Cambodia soon?

:)

Edited by til
JohnFromTexas

Sorry to hear about it robert... was quite frustrated earlier today trying to get ahold of someone to give basic answers myself (whether i can direct consular file). Had to call multiple different places, each one saying someone else had to answer my question. Finally was given an email address to inquire at. Surprisingly, they actually did send a response back fairly quickly, although it was just standard forms no specific answer to my question. I am gonna make sure when we get her NBI done it has her old name as an AKA thank to you robert - already knew she needed one for both names but good to know they may reject it if it's not as an AKA. Hoping for minimal problems.

On the bright side, it looks like I can DCF it through manila. There is no requirement to have a permanent residency visa. The requirement is only that your residence here be your "place of general abode; the place of general abode of the person means his principal, actual dwelling place in fact, without regard to intent" with supporting documents such as lease, bills, and copies of your visa showing you are residing here full time.

I'm suprised you just didn't get an attorney to do most of the leg work for you. Time costs money.

lawyers dont have any juice ... the problem is when you turn in these documents they are First screened by the locals who work there and only after they are happy is the paperwork given to the head guy who has the real power.... One NBI lady asked my wife .... why are you here so many times ? How did you get an annulment ? why would you annul your Filappano husband to marry this foreigner is he old? Why would you want to leave your birth country ? my wife told her to shove it and do her job and then had to drop a name of someone high up in the NBI but the jealous power trippers are real ass holes

Jess Bartone

#2 top lie ever told in the world: "The cheque's in the mail".

#1 top lie ever told in the world: "I am from the government, I am here to help you".

• Admin (Retired)

don't let the bastards get ya down Robert

you'll get there

WARNING ONE AND ALL WENT TO THE EMBASSY TODAY AND WERE SOME OF THE PAPERWORK WAS SIGNED OFF DURING THE INTERVIEW IS NOW NEEDED AS THERE IS A NEW LADY IN CHARGE AND THE GUY SAID SHE IS BY THE BOOK EVERY DETAIL IS REASON FOR DENIED TO INCLUDE CURRENT TAX STATEMENTS OR A REASON YOU DONT NEED ONE AND IT HAS TO BE A LAW.... AND IF YOU USE A CO SPOUNCER YOU NEED THEIR PAPERWORK AND THEIR 2 YEARS TAX RETURNE