Sign in to follow this  
Ricky

AB+ Donor

Ricky

We are expecting our baby in the very near future, and due to various complications with the previous child there is a chance that we will need some AB+ blood again at this birth. We have a primary donor, but if anyone is AB+ and would be kind of enough to be a standby donor should the need arise, I would very much appreciate it. If your able to, please leave me your number so that I can contact you.

I will buy a beer for anyone who volounteers, and a lot more for anyone that we would ever actually need assistance from (we hope not).

Paul

I will be happy to be a possible donor for you. I am AB+

Cary

Good luck to you and your wife Ricky.

Ricky

Thank you very very much Paul, I appreciate that. I hope that it won't come to that, but if it does, I will appreciate your help. I owe you a beer!

Edited by Ricky

Paul

Nope, you owe me nothing. I'm happy to do it, if necessary. I have donated in the Philippines before, on a number of occasions.

David_LivinginTalisay

Ricky,

Suggest also posting to SOS_Philippines if you having trouble finding AB+ Donors.

Sha-Sha's Mama was AB+ and she underwent Kidney Dialysis 2 x week, and sometimes needed Blood Transfusion, for a year before she died.

Paul Petrea at least twice donated his blood to save Mama, so I know he is AB+

One of the reasons we asked Paul to be Godfather to our baby Granddaughter Anzhelica Kate, is because she too is AB+ like her Great Grandma (RIP)

Click on 'Show' if you want to see what baby Anzhelica Kate looks like

31956_1458555657109_1029903769_1334153_6091508_n.jpg

Anzhelica Kate was a 'preemie' delivered (1.7Kg) by CS, some 6 weeks early after her mothers waters broke prematurely.

Now she is a healthy 5.7Kg and gown from 42cm to 58 cm

Hope your Baby does fine also.

But paul is sick so perhaps not able to donate currently

Have you checked with the Red Cross Blood Transfusion Center

They provided AB+ Blood for Mama several times.

If you are a Blood Doner (any Blood Type), make sure to keep the Red Cross Donor Card with the stamps for each donation of blood, as no charge for receiving Blood (any Blood Type) on 1:1 basis

red-dot.white.png

RED CROSS, Cebu

Philippine National Red Cross - Cebu Chapter (City of Cebu )

Tel. (63-32) 253-4611

Osmena Blvd. (betwn Jasmin St & Don Julio Liorente St)

Coordinates: 10

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

Balintawak

I dont remember my bloodtype, but ill gladly donate if its the right type. ill find out.

Ricky

Thank you both :-)

Angie

Hi Ricky! You can also ask Ate Daisy (another member here.)

Few months ago, I was told to have blood transfusion and she sent Karen Red Cross cards for me to use. I guess, she sent two cards and if you give both cards to the Red Cross, you won't have to pay for the screening.

Luckily, I didn't have to have blood transfusion.

Ricky

Thank you for the offer. Our baby was born last Friday and thankfully Marvie never needed any transfusions. It was touch and go at times. I'll honour those beers if anyone is out and about in the the local pubs in Mandaue or Ayala.

broden

Thank you for the offer. Our baby was born last Friday and thankfully Marvie never needed any transfusions. It was touch and go at times. I'll honour those beers if anyone is out and about in the the local pubs in Mandaue or Ayala.

hey Congrats

SkyMan

Congrats!!

Glad you didn't need anything. Woohoo!