Sign in to follow this  
billten

How to have a baby without getting screwed

JohnSurrey

My wife gave birth a few weeks ago - cost us a P1,000 which the mid wife is going to try and recover from Phil Health - will take her a month...

When I saw the title of this thread my first thought was IVF...

newbster

Save your money on that one and buy something you will need for the baby. There is absolutely nothing they can do about it, especially HSV1 and something between 50-75% of the population has it. If your girl has genital herpes they might want to put her on a maintenance drug to prevent an outbreak during delivery time to minimize exposure to the baby. 

But I would be wondering what relationship the doctor has with the lab personally. 

As far as using a birthing center in the Philippines. There is not a chance in hell I would accept the risk. Especially for a first baby scenario. So many things can go wrong, and when they do they are critical. If you can afford it, I would use a hospital. We are not talking about big money here. 

Yes there are some overzealous doctors who just default to C-section. I am sure you can find a credible one that doesn't. My wife expressed her wishes to her OB (about wanting a natural birth) and her OB assured her that was the route she would go after - because it is the quickest recovery time. She really had her patient's best interest in mind. And despite the assisting OB dropping hints about C section in the delivery room, my wife's OB held true to her world and she delivered naturally. I think they like the C section because it gives them not only a nice bill to collect from you but also gets them home for dinner/bed whatever much quicker. 

A reputable doctor cares more about the welfare of their patients than those things and believe me there are some reputable doctors around the Philippines.

Was your OB in Cebu Monsoon?

Monsoon

Was your OB in Cebu Monsoon?

No sorry, she works out of Asian Medical Center in Alabang (NCR area).