Sign in to follow this  
spritsail

Carbonated water?

spritsail

I want to buy a machine /dispenser etc that will put some fizz and sparkle into my still water. Don't know what to ask for or where to look.

digiteye

I had the idea of importing sparkling mineral water here. Forum members almost ate me alive. They said they would never pay money for water more than their usual filtered-UVd-chemotreated surface water price is.

Some even are convinced that their well produce mineral water.

So I let the idea go. Now there is no sparkling available, apart from some Italian uberbrand 100 peso bottles of 0,25L

The fizz thingy you want.. no idea. Coz its not the device only but it requires continuous supply of CO2 in some container.

Edited by digiteye

Woolf

broden

if you can get a seltzer bottle you might be able to get replacement co2 cartridges where ever they sell paint guns and such

digiteye

You might get lucky since you are residing in Camiguin. There is the only soda water pool in the Philippines there :)

Just walk down with your bottles and fill.

http://www.markmaranga.com/soda-water-swimming-pool-in-camiguin/

hypoman

woofs right mate. sodastream.

These are (or were when I was a kid)

Woolf

http://www.sodastream.com.ph/valuekit

look at the bottom

Available at:

Metro Gaisano Ayla (CEBU)

digiteye

If someone had it here i would buy it.

I used to buy mineral water and add a shot of apple juice to flavour it a bit --- hmmmm wish i had it here!

What would be the price of a nice carbonated mineral water (European origin) that you would pay with no hiccups for a 1.5L bottle?

caloy

I saw it being sold by those guys who sells some "unique" appliances at parkmall but i guess they will tell you that you won the raffle and you get free appliances if you pay a certain amount :)

RogerDuMond

thats rotten people telling you not to worry about doing it and that thier crappy treated water is ok. give me soda water or carbonated mineral water anyday!

Actually if I remember the thread correctly, the argument against it was two fold. First was that because of the economy in the Philippines the market for this would be very small and might not be worth the cost of importation of bottled carbonated mineral water. The second argument was that it would be difficult to compete against the giants in the beverage business.

spritsail

I registered Camiguin Island Spring Water a couple of years ago with the local DTI. I had all the water analysis done, and the results were very favourable 15mg per 1000 of calcium,, and same for magnesium. Coliform was a bit over tolerance so I fitted UV filters on the source. I oganised all the bottles, and the labels, but found that I couldn't compete with Natures Spring. especially on the 500 ml and 1 lt size that most filippinos buy here before getting on the ferry boat.

Since drilling my own deep well through 40 ft of sand and gravel. I have re-evaluated the project that may be feasible i.e we do a replacement 5 gall bottle at reasonable price, I make the water a bit more attractive . ie. sparkle. Tescos in UK do a still and sparkling water which is carbonated, and add calamansi concentrate to sparling water etc. For me, its just an idea and project that I would like to close off to some satisfaction.

I used to drink Yonne Water in France that was naturally carbonated, but not so much as Perrier or Pellegrino. Great for the indigestion. The spring water,here in Camiguin, like Soda spring is just too salty for drinking, and no one in their right mind would drink it.

Thanks for all the feedback and I have already learnt a few things.

digiteye

thats rotten people telling you not to worry about doing it and that thier crappy treated water is ok. give me soda water or carbonated mineral water anyday!

Actually if I remember the thread correctly, the argument against it was two fold. First was that because of the economy in the Philippines the market for this would be very small and might not be worth the cost of importation of bottled carbonated mineral water. The second argument was that it would be difficult to compete against the giants in the beverage business.

Lets say there are only 1000 foreigners around Cebu and each of them would drink 1 bottle of mineral water a day. I would be totally satisfied with that sales. The product wont affect the beverage giants, they are so preoccupied with all the over sweetened drinks for the locals.

Unfortunately most foreigners here have no culture of drinking quality water (where quality has no direct correlation to high price). Therefore they believe mineral water is and tastes the same as the processed distilled water they buy in bottles.

I think it would be possible to sell a bottle of mineral water for 50 peso a bottle (1.5L) If you compare it to rum or vodka, the price is relatively high. But its only because alcohol is virtually free in this country.

Turbota

Why not just buy a few cans of "Club Soda" when you need carbonated water for a mixed drink?

They even sell club soda here in Bacolod at both SM and Robinsons ... usually around the liquor dept.