Boracay loses P15M due to hostage situation

I guess some people "don't like it".

ArieBombarie

lets hope this does not work through to other sectors, Cathay is the easiest way to even get in Cebu from here

part of the risks of working in the touristic sector I guess, bit of bad news in the international media will always influence your bookings, being negative it tends to get covered with some other negative aspects of the country

lets hope this does not work through to other sectors, Cathay is the easiest way to even get in Cebu from here

part of the risks of working in the touristic sector I guess, bit of bad news in the international media will always influence your bookings, being negative it tends to get covered with some other negative aspects of the country

Oh , wait , didn't you hear the tourism spokesperson the day after the hostage crisis say that this incident would not have a major impact on tourism .. :P

JamesMusslewhite

The Hell you say. The Chinese don't want to come and take Philippine bus tours? Those evil Chinese, how dare them. :P

They know the Philippines need their Tourism money, why would they do that? It is just Not Fair!

I was talking to my sister-in-law about this today. She agrees with the Chinese that the RP needs to give( My word) a better safer image if they want to have long term success in tourism.

I was talking to my sister-in-law about this today. She agrees with the Chinese that the RP needs to give( My word) a better safer image if they want to have long term success in tourism.

But the reality needs to match the image.

Mark

I always wonder how accurate these sore of reports are, pretty easy to fluff those losses up and potentially self serving to do so.