ASP .NET work

I'm looking for outsourcing companies in Cebu, the PI, or SEA, who do quality work, using ASP .NET etc. The project would be for an established US tech company and good results will likely result in repeat work.

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

senseless

Outsourced and Quality. Funny.

Hire an american or brit to do it for you. While it may be more expensive per hour you can bet that it will be done right the first time, have fewer bugs (depending on who you hire), the code will be much cleaner, and done in a shorter time frame.

I say this as a programmer myself and a business owner who has hired programmers in the past. After 3 bad experiences with overseas programmers I never hired them again. 1 Romanian, 1 Indian, and 1 Egyptian

I know of at least 2 of my clients that have hired outsourced coders in the past. It was the biggest bunch of slop I've ever dealt with in my life in both cases. It was such slop that I refused to work on it even when they were willing to pay my hourly rate (50$/hr). In at least one case sloppy coding lead to a vulnerability in a site which was exploited. Both of these are still clients whom I do server administration work for.

You could try some place like www.rentacoder.com (they have workers from all over the world).

Programming is something you're born to do, not learned. You either have what it takes or you don't. No college or education in the world can change that. This is what leads to most quality programmers being of first world origin. No where else in the world does someone have the time to sit on a computer 24 hours a day learning the ins and outs.

Also remember, even with first world programmers. They have a tendency to understate the time necessary to complete a project. Take whatever time frame a programmer gives you and multiply it by 10.

Edited by senseless

Outsourced and Quality. Funny.

We've gotten mixed results but ( a ) we don't hire "programmers" we hire outsource companies, in general, and ( b ) it's critical to have solid specifications and SOWs in place before work starts. If that's not done you're dead before you start, but most people who hire outsourcers wouldn't understand software development within a defined process if it bit them in the ass.

Edited by locktite
senseless

Ah, yes I overlooked the word company (about 3 times apparently). It may end a little better having a company and quality control before you get the source and/or finished product. I'm of the belief that a single programmer is better than a whole company of them. In cases that I've seen (even in the US/UK) programmers end up trampling on each others toes. Unused code and functions in the source half completed/finished functions as a coder gets pulled away and no one else knows that the code is in there. I find that when you have a manager dictating the structure of a code it ends up sloppy as the manager has no idea the best way to structure something for efficiency (Slow code). That and one guru is the equivalent of 10-20 coders.

What exactly are you looking to have coded? (just a general, I want a program to do a,b,c,d)

Also, http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ is a pretty good resource for this sort of thing. Specially their Employment Request and Employment Offers sections. You should be able to find companies, individuals, or whatever you're looking for there.

Edited by senseless
What exactly are you looking to have coded? (just a general, I want a program to do a,b,c,d)

It's a web based scheduling app that supports some functions that support some people to train some people that help our customers use the real product. Will probably need to look a lot like the Outlook/Exchange calender application, with significant ancillary functionality. This is a ~$11B company, but the deadline is tight and most engineers here are native code guys, not web devs.

We had a company that did a fantastic job on the last such work, but we (none of this is me, BTW, it's the corp we) assigned them some native C/C++ work that they really pooch screwed and the fallout of that has soured the business relationship.

Also, http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ is a pretty good resource for this sort of thing. Specially their Employment Request and Employment Offers sections. You should be able to find companies, individuals, or whatever you're looking for there.

There are plenty of people scouring those sites, I'm looking for an excuse for us to have some business in the PI. Stop foiling my plans, dammit.

senseless

What is the deadline? weeks, months?

Is custom coding a requirement (surely someone else has come up with something similar?)? Is it a requirement that it's in asp .net?

As a web app PHP and a JS mixture might be better suited to what you're looking to do. Since it's in-house and not for the world to see you could also look for something (a nice base) released under GNU (check www.sourceforge.net or just google with keywords that you're looking for) that you could take and modify to your liking (making it easier to meet the time frame requirements?).

It's a web based scheduling app that supports some functions that support some people to train some people that help our customers use the real product

Sounds like a mess of red tape. Is there no better/more efficient way to achieve the end result you're looking for (training the support team)?

There are plenty of people scouring those sites, I'm looking for an excuse for us to have some business in the PI. Stop foiling my plans, dammit.

Lol, my bad! (looking to get setup as the onsite consultant/oversight here?)

Edited by senseless

I thought there were a few guys who managed outsourcing shops here? I was talking about trying it and several guys piped up .... Beuller?