I offer my sincerest condolences to John Mitchell.

John is an Australian friend of mine, although we don't keep in close contact, whom I have known for many years. In fact, some "old timers" on this forum may even know John.

Anyway, last Monday, August 16th, 2010, his wife passed away. She had been sick for some time, but now is at peace. John will bring her body back to the Philippines to be buried here on her native soil.

I originally met John here in Cebu, many years ago. We originally met through a Philippines Yahoo Group.

He mentioned something to me recently, about a gift he gave me a long time ago. It was a blue t-shirt from his fire department, one I still wear today. I think of my friend every time I wear that t-shirt. He is a good man, one I feel much sorrow for right now.

• Like 1
Jess Bartone

As a fellow Aussie, my heart goes out to you John.

even if unknown I feel with him. God bless.

Ozepete

Don't know you John, but you're an Aussie and thats reason enough to offer our condolences. Saddened by your loss mate. May your dear wife rest peacefully.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

our condolences our thoughts are with you and yours

tom_shor

Very sorry to hear about his loss.

SkyMan

I can't imagine your loss, John. If my wife were to pass before me, well, I just can't imagine that. I pray for you and your families.