Beating the System

CardiacKid

Many foreign investors decry the difficulty they have closing a business in the Philippines. Seems one guy has figured it out. Read the details here.

Edited by broden
linkifying the links
JamesMusslewhite

Well I wonder if the dismissed employee trying to shut the company down, is happy that he got actually what he wanted? I wounder if the employees that supported this dismissed employee are now also are now happy he accomplished this feat? When employees try to act as if they run a business, often they just ruin the business. I am sure the lax ability for disgruntled Pinoy employees to simply abuse the system for personal vendettas, will led to more businesses leaving. The Philippines has serious competition from other countries around the region, and they will harvest the economic rewards so desperately needed here in the Philippines.

As we say in Texas, "Too many fleas can kill a dog."

Everyone thinks that they can be a better boss because they mostly look at their salaries. But once they are in the seat, then they find out its harder and hotter than than they can take.

Jess Bartone

OUCH!!! that's 13,746,845.02 AUD = 12,186,825.679 USD ok so he saved himself a little but surely he must have lost plenty more by walking away. Regardless of any "actions" being mounted by disgruntled employees, I think he should at least pay the employees their entitlements, just human decency to do so in my opinion... 1.1 mill USD, a "paltry" amount for a high flyer. I also think he hasn't heard the last of this yet, probably come back to bite him on the arse.

Alan S
but surely he must have lost plenty more by walking away

Maybe. But perhaps not.

Like many newspaper articles, thise two leave many questions unanswered.

OUCH!!! that's 13,746,845.02 AUD = 12,186,825.679 USD ok so he saved himself a little but surely he must have lost plenty more by walking away. Regardless of any "actions" being mounted by disgruntled employees, I think he should at least pay the employees their entitlements, just human decency to do so in my opinion... 1.1 mill USD, a "paltry" amount for a high flyer. I also think he hasn't heard the last of this yet, probably come back to bite him on the arse.

Jesse,

I think you may have got your sums wrong...... 50,000,000 devided by 40(approx.) = Aussie Dollars...

edit... my mistake.....should've read about the 500 million as well... soooorrrrryyyyy!!!!

Edited by ILPI
Jess Bartone

I think you may have got your sums wrong...... 50,000,000 devided by 40(approx.) = Aussie Dollars...

.....unpaid salaries and severance pays amounting to at least P50 million.

Fishman also allegedly left a slew of unpaid obligations, including back rental of P1.7 million, P500 million in electricity bills.....

Did you click on the links, the actual story and the conversion links? 50 mill plus 1.7 mill plus 500 mill equals PHP 551,700,000 divided by 40 = 13,792,500 Try clicking on the links I supplied in the big bold numbers for today's rate in xe.com

.....unpaid salaries and severance pays amounting to at least P50 million.

Fishman also allegedly left a slew of unpaid obligations, including back rental of P1.7 million, P500 million in electricity bills.....

Did you click on the links, the actual story and the conversion links? 50 mill plus 1.7 mill plus 500 mill equals PHP 551,700,000 divided by 40 = 13,792,500 Try clicking on the links I supplied in the big bold numbers for today's rate in xe.com

if you read the edit that was posted 7 minutes before your response you would see an apology to the fact that I had missed the 500 million......

tongue.gif

Jess Bartone

if you read the edit that was posted 7 minutes before your response you would see an apology to the fact that I had missed the 500 million......

Yeah sorry Ilpi, I missed the edit, the software always brings you to the first unread post. Anyway, 500 mill is an awful bloody lot of sparks, how could the power company let him get so far out on a limb?

Jess Bartone

.....I missed the edit, the software always brings you to the first unread post.....

I just worked out what happened... I took so bloody long to put the post together, adding links etc, that you did your edit while I was in the never-never.

.....I missed the edit, the software always brings you to the first unread post.....

I just worked out what happened... I took so bloody long to put the post together, adding links etc, that you did your edit while I was in the never-never.

happens to me a lot,

I've been using keyboards for years but I'm all fingers and thumbs... very slow.