Sign in to follow this  
ancienrocka

Definitive List of Visa Extension Costs

Woolf

Immigration web-site, list of extension fee's

http://immigration.g...d=118&Itemid=43

Edited by Woolf

Davaoeno

My newer, downloaded version of Open Office works on the file. Thanks.

Since i see you live in the Phil you could always invest 200 pesos and get Office 10 installed

• Like 1

Guy60417

Since i see you live in the Phil you could always invest 200 pesos and get Office 10 installed

I only paid 50 pesos to the vendor on Colon. But that wasn't installed.

happyvalleyjoe

Paul, great lists. Thanks much for compiling and posting all the fees.

Jerry Dean

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your chart but I have a couple of questions.  I am moving with my Filapina to San Carlos next summer and planned to retire there.

I have been told if we arrive together I can have my passport stamped and be able to stay for a year.  Is this correct.

Also I understand there is a retirement visa I can get.  I hear all kinds of costs for this.  One it cost 250,000 PHP and you must have $40,000 invested in the economy there one way or another. Correct or a myth?

I figured from you chart it would cost me 21,340 PHP to stay 24 months. correct?

What happens the 25th month any more extensions?

I would appreciate your help.

Jerry Carrison

Half Baked

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your chart but I have a couple of questions.  I am moving with my Filapina to San Carlos next summer and planned to retire there.

I have been told if we arrive together I can have my passport stamped and be able to stay for a year.  Is this correct.

Also I understand there is a retirement visa I can get.  I hear all kinds of costs for this.  One it cost 250,000 PHP and you must have $40,000 invested in the economy there one way or another. Correct or a myth?

I figured from you chart it would cost me 21,340 PHP to stay 24 months. correct?

What happens the 25th month any more extensions?

I would appreciate your help.

Jerry Carrison

Paul hasn't gotten to the forum much lately. Your best bet would be to visit his website at http://www.cebuexpatservices.com/. You can contact him there.

sjp

Do you have to bring to photo copies of your passport every time you extend for 2 months

Irenicus

Do you have to bring to photo copies of your passport every time you extend for 2 months

I just did a two month yesterday, and they wanted the copies of it.  I usually make a photocopy after they stamp the new extension as well.

Also, everyone don't forget to KEEP ALL YOUR RECEIPTS from BoI.  Some folks here in Dumaguete have been having problems when going over to Cebu BoI as their computers are not linked or sumthin along those lines.

Salty Dog

I just did a two month yesterday, and they wanted the copies of it.  I usually make a photocopy after they stamp the new extension as well.

Also, everyone don't forget to KEEP ALL YOUR RECEIPTS from BoI.  Some folks here in Dumaguete have been having problems when going over to Cebu BoI as their computers are not linked or sumthin along those lines.

They are linked, they just take forever to update the files, if at all. 

• Like 1

saigon46

Can you get the new 6 month visa from the Philippine Embassy in the states? 

Jim Sibbick

Can you get the new 6 month visa from the Philippine Embassy in the states? 

Unless you are referring to the 6 months multiple entry visa that has been around for at least 20 years, then the answer is no, there is no such thing as a 6 month visa that can be arranged in advance, In or out of the Philippines.

In advance you can arrange a 59 day visa which is usually listed as a 3 months visa because you have 3 months from date of issue to enter the Philippines but once in the Philippines, you can only stay 59 days, unless you arrange an extension..

There are 6 month and 12 month multiple entry visas which means you can come and go as often as you like within a 6 month or 12 month period but once you enter the Philippines, you can only stay 59 days, unless you arrange an extension.

There is a new 6 month visa extension. I presume you are referring to that. Unless things have changed recently, you can only get it in Manila. At other locations such as Mandaue City Cebu, extensions are 2 months at a time.

saigon46

Thanks for the reply Jim.  Guess I will just stick with Mandaue then.   Later, SB

fivestarph

I was yesterday at Mandaue Immigration office to do a further two month visa extension and was surprised to see that one can now avail of six month Visa extensions in Cebu. No real reduction in costs except that it cuts out 2 additional trips there.

throttleplate

I was yesterday at Mandaue Immigration office to do a further two month visa extension and was surprised to see that one can now avail of six month Visa extensions in Cebu. No real reduction in costs except that it cuts out 2 additional trips there.

I was told the 6 month visa only available in manila,i was told this in the Iloilo city office

johnboy999

Cebu and Davao are the two main regional offices outside Manila so it's a reasonable assumption that the 6 month visa would roll out there next. Many services are only available at those offices and not the smaller sub-offices, so I'm personally not surprised that Iloilo isn't getting it yet