Sign in to follow this  
Paul

My view on the recent gun threads...

Cary

As I said, Ive been here in the RP for for over 2 months. I'm nice to my neighbors and I don't wear flashy clothes or anything. I've gone shopping alone. I've taken the taxi alone. Do I feel safe all the time? No. No one does. But I try to be aware of my surroundings and try to avoid the known bad places and people. So far so good.

• Like 1

musicman666

i have been off and on here for 10 years .. have i had a gun placed to my head here? yes... would i carry a gun? no.

Cipro

Just to be clear, my view apparently differs from Paul's' view. For me human life is more precious than any material thing and I'll let anything I have go rather than risk anyones life over it, even the life of a scumbag house robber. But by the same token, my life and that of those I love and care about is much more precious than that of a robber, so best for everyone if he sticks to taking things from the vacant parts of the house.

Just sayin'.

• Like 4

UZI

i have been off and on here for 10 years .. have i had a gun placed to my head here? yes... would i carry a gun? no.

I have lived here now for over 4 years. Never even seen a gun other than police & security guards.I feel more unsafe in a British Pub or in town late on a Friday or Saturday in UK.

atomic

For me I have carried a gun for years in the states. I never had to use it but I would .Even if I was on that bus that crazy cop would have not had the chance to do all the killing he did. So my point is Yes I will protect my self and my family. Hope the bad guys think twice before they come into my home!!!

• Like 1

Cipro
.... Even if I was on that bus that crazy cop would have not had the chance to do all the killing he did. ....

Interesting point, but then I guess it's better that they counted on the police to protect them.

Edited by locktite
  • Like 1

Paul

Just to be clear, my view apparently differs from Paul's' view. For me human life is more precious than any material thing and I'll let anything I have go rather than risk anyones life over it, even the life of a scumbag house robber. But by the same token, my life and that of those I love and care about is much more precious than that of a robber, so best for everyone if he sticks to taking things from the vacant parts of the house.

Just sayin'.

The only problem is, there is no guarantee they will not shoot you after they get what they want.

I am willing to die in order to protect what I have. The question here is, are they willing to die in order to take it?

• Like 1

Baldy

I have lived here now for over 4 years. Never even seen a gun other than police & security guards.I feel more unsafe in a British Pub or in town late on a Friday or Saturday in UK.

LOL, that say a lot of the British pub goers. :scratch_head: