Allowing Foreigners to Carry Guns

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think foreigners should be allowed to carry/own licensed guns in the philippines?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Omg im a scared little baby liberal who doesnt like guns. I call the police to come scrape my body from the road after the criminals have had their way.

Is that lady a nuclear physicist? Is she walking in boiling water?

Oh! Oh! I just noticed those contraptions behind herbiggrin_01.gif

Edit* But seriously, I thought the domestic energy side of things was from nuclear fusion, as opposed to nuclear fission used in bombs.

The worlds first used A bomb was a fusion bomb!

Only after trying to get more Mtonns out of it they changed it to a fission bomb.

I think you got that backwards.

Yes i did, tnx.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• senseless

• Jess Bartone

• Baldy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When all of the criminals in the world throw their guns into the sea then I believe we should too. It's that simple. If a man is afraid of a gun, maybe you should check to see what is between his legs

Yes, violence is a societal issue not an object ownership issue. Interestingly if one looks at crime stats for Caucasian Americans they are very close to the figures in Western Europe. Draw your own c

The "designed for" argument is a red herring. Volkswagon made a lot of military vehicles. So have Jeep. GM. In other pointless bits of data, my guns have never come close to killing anyone. "Designed

Posted Images

All nuclear power is powered off of fission, not fusion. No sustainable fusion reaction technology exists.

The first nuclear bombs were fission of 2 different designs.

Hydrogen bombs use both fission and fusion to achieve a blast. Fission is initiated which then compresses hydrogen until it fuses. The fission portion is more or less a trigger and the fusion blast is secondary. The first hydrogen bomb was tested in 1952.

But, unless you're all suggesting that foreigners in the philippines should be allowed to have their own nuclear weapons... Start a new thread..

You are wrong, the hydrogen bomb is a fusion bomb triggered by a fission trigger.

"One class of nuclear weapon is the hydrogen bomb, which uses a fission reaction to "trigger" a fusion reaction." So the fusion reaction is the actual bomb.

Jess Bartone

.....Start a new thread..

Well that's the fission calling the fusion deadly.

• Like 1
Balintawak

Having a gun in the car or in the house for safety is ok, but carrying a gun Might be a bad idea. ;)

For me I dont want one, id shot myself in the foot and i dont know how to use one either. :cheers:

Carrying a blade or ex baston is however something I would be very comfortable with.

amazing spin... somehow the issue of gun ownership has been placed in the same sentence as driver licensing fees.. yep thats it

"Makes a lot of sense to me, since we're talking broadly about safety and instruments of death"

Whilst I agree with much of what you've said I can't agree with the view that a gun & a motor vehicle should be placed in the same basket as instruments of death, the reason being that a gun is designed as an instrument of death and a motor vehicle is designed to transport people from A to B.

Perhaps you were thinking along the lines of this....... madmax.jpg

Dunno. A lot of people (especially Americans) equate guns and cars (and not much else) with the size of their reproductive organs.

Ozepete

Responding to Jesse (post 79)

You must bejoking!! Quote: "Clownsand jokers left and right of me, all running around with (unregistered) 9 milsand .45's packing up to 14 rounds in the butt magazine." The facts are justthe opposite! This reminds me of a discussion I had witha bank manager when Howard did the gun buy-back thing which banned automaticweapons including 5 shot pump action shotguns but allowed single shot guns. The bank guy angrily asked me 'what's thedifference if my bank is held up by a robber with a single shot rather than afive shot'. I couldn't believe thatsomeone who ought to have half a brain would ask such a stupid question, but Idid reply that perhaps five dead is not as bad as one… Since the Howard gun buy back the death byfirearm rate in Australia has halved. And sure the bad guys are still armed andmostly doing a good job of shooting each other.

Wikipedia: Total deaths by firearm rate per 100,000: USA15.22 (Homicide only 7.07) Australia 2.94 (Homicide only 0.44) Similar societies.

Flinders Uni: Firearm deaths in Australia 1979 = 708 deaths. 2002= 299 deaths. Thatmeans that every year 400+ Australians are NOT dead because Australia had agovernment with balls.

Edited by Ozepete
  • Like 1

All nuclear power is powered off of fission, not fusion. No sustainable fusion reaction technology exists.

The first nuclear bombs were fission of 2 different designs.

Hydrogen bombs use both fission and fusion to achieve a blast. Fission is initiated which then compresses hydrogen until it fuses. The fission portion is more or less a trigger and the fusion blast is secondary. The first hydrogen bomb was tested in 1952.

But, unless you're all suggesting that foreigners in the philippines should be allowed to have their own nuclear weapons... Start a new thread..

You are wrong, the hydrogen bomb is a fusion bomb triggered by a fission trigger.

"One class of nuclear weapon is the hydrogen bomb, which uses a fission reaction to "trigger" a fusion reaction." So the fusion reaction is the actual bomb.

Well Im not sure my forum terminology, but I find your progun signature? quote of Thomas Jeffereson very reassuring when coupled with your avatar? where you seem to want to give the impression you are one of Norway's biggest drunks.

senseless

I guess I have to say it again.

AMERICA HAS A WAR GOING ON @ THE SOUTHERN BORDER. UNLESS YOUR COUNTRY HAS 30 MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS LIVING THERE (half the population of the UK) WITH 500K-3M PER YEAR COMING IN YOU CANNOT COMPARE THE MURDER RATE IN THE US TO YOUR COUNTRY WHICH IS SURROUNDED BY AN OCEAN (NATURAL BARRIER MAKING IT HARDER FOR PEOPLE TO ENTER WITH ILLEGAL GOODS)!!!!! UNLESS SOME HOW PEOPLE FROM NEW GUINEA FOUND A PAIR OF NIKES THAT ALLOW THEM TO WALK ON WATER!

As I've said before, at least 25% of the murders in the US are illegal on illegal crime.

When your country shares 3169 km (1969 miles) of border with a 3rd world kidnapping/extortion/corruption/murder capital of the world then we can talk.

My state has roughly 4-5 murders per 100K population per year. We also have about 7 firearms for every human being in the state. We do have a small but not near (very small comparatively) as much as other states illegal immigration problem.

Edited by senseless

Wikipedia: Total deaths by firearm rate per 100,000: USA15.22 (Homicide only 7.07) Australia 2.94 (Homicide only 0.44) Similar societies.

Thanks, thats actually very interesting and I didn't really think about it when we "discussed" the homicide figures: that the death by firearms could be greater than the homicides!

That means more people are killed by guns "by accident" I guess, because then it doesn't qualify as homicide? Or maybe "self defense" is also not homicide?

Oh well, on a second look the statistics are not very reliable either way, wherever you look the numbers seem to be quite different...

Ozepete

Thanks, thats actually very interesting and I didn't really think about it when we "discussed" the homicide figures: that the death by firearms could be greater than the homicides!

That means more people are killed by guns "by accident" I guess, because then it doesn't qualify as homicide? Or maybe "self defense" is also not homicide?

Oh well, on a second look the statistics are not very reliable either way, wherever you look the numbers seem to be quite different...

In most countries the most common death by firearm is suicide.. sadly

Dunno. A lot of people (especially Americans) equate guns and cars (and not much else) with the size of their reproductive organs.

You just offended my penis, sir.

SkyMan

There are enough problems in this country now, flooding it with more guns would be totaly insane. Thank God Howard had the balls to get rid off them in Oz.. Best thing he ever did.

But you see there is a much bigger difference than you understand. If you ban guns in Oz or some country, fine. Then you have police with guns and anyone else with guns is automatically a criminal. Scary to me but controllable. The problem here is that it's ok for most of the population to carry guns and then you have the foreigners who are automatic targets.

I voted yes, not because I feel I need one, nor would I get one if allowed. I would just like to be allowed to carry one. I think that would greatly improve my safety. I would, however, have one in my house. Right now I have a big bola near the door but that won't help much against a gun.

Ozepete

I guess I have to say it again.

AMERICA HAS A WAR GOING ON @ THE SOUTHERN BORDER. UNLESS YOUR COUNTRY HAS 30 MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS LIVING THERE (half the population of the UK) WITH 500K-3M PER YEAR COMING IN YOU CANNOT COMPARE THE MURDER RATE IN THE US TO YOUR COUNTRY WHICH IS SURROUNDED BY AN OCEAN (NATURAL BARRIER MAKING IT HARDER FOR PEOPLE TO ENTER WITH ILLEGAL GOODS)!!!!! UNLESS SOME HOW PEOPLE FROM NEW GUINEA FOUND A PAIR OF NIKES THAT ALLOW THEM TO WALK ON WATER!

As I've said before, at least 25% of the murders in the US are illegal on illegal crime. (No need to yell, but I didn't understand this sentence the first time either!!_ROFLMAO.gif )

"As I've said before, at least 25% of the murders in the US are illegal on illegal crime "

So does this mean that the reaining 75% of the murders are legal? scratch_head.gif

Well here's something else you might want to consider before you put a gun in your house:

http://www.childdeathreview.org/causesAF.htm

Unintentional injuries are usually caused when children play with guns or are hunting.

Well, hunting accidents are quite common. Even our old VP had one. ;)

Edited by Mailman