Allowing Foreigners to Carry Guns

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think foreigners should be allowed to carry/own licensed guns in the philippines?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Omg im a scared little baby liberal who doesnt like guns. I call the police to come scrape my body from the road after the criminals have had their way.

senseless

just walk around with small bills ...if somone wants them he can have them.... not worth the grief.

How many people have you heard of that give the criminal what they want and still get shot and/or killed? If none, I would suggest looking over the news section of the forum.

Geriatric expat commandos, LOL.

Since when are all foreigners in the philippines born in 1940? I'm 30. There are plenty of other foreigners that age, younger and older.

What about the businessmen? Not everyone is a sexpat. Not everyone is a drunkard.

What exactly is the plan before I vote ?

To come up with legislation that would allow permanent residence to legally own firearms.

The NPA are killing Police all over the RP to get guns for their cause, if it was known that Foreigners were allowed to carry I think you would see a lot more Foreigner deaths by the NPA to acquire the weapons they need.

What happens when they have guns and decide they want money? Who do they come after then?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• senseless

• Jess Bartone

• Baldy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When all of the criminals in the world throw their guns into the sea then I believe we should too. It's that simple. If a man is afraid of a gun, maybe you should check to see what is between his legs

Yes, violence is a societal issue not an object ownership issue. Interestingly if one looks at crime stats for Caucasian Americans they are very close to the figures in Western Europe. Draw your own c

The "designed for" argument is a red herring. Volkswagon made a lot of military vehicles. So have Jeep. GM. In other pointless bits of data, my guns have never come close to killing anyone. "Designed

Posted Images

musicman666

"Omg im a scared little baby liberal who doesnt like guns. I call the police to come scrape my body from the road after the criminals have had their way"

theatre-faces.jpg yeah sure laugh it up ... but its the rest of the world who have to endure endless self analysis from doctor phil whenever the next columbine masscare occurs in the USA!

I think the best you can come up with is, that there is no real correlation between legal gun ownership and crime. Crime has other reasons than people beeing allowed or not allowed to own guns.

Yes, violence is a societal issue not an object ownership issue. Interestingly if one looks at crime stats for Caucasian Americans they are very close to the figures in Western Europe. Draw your own conclusions.

• Like 4

"Omg im a scared little baby liberal who doesnt like guns. I call the police to come scrape my body from the road after the criminals have had their way"

yeah sure laugh it up ... but its the rest of the world who have to endure endless self analysis from doctor phil whenever the next columbine masscare occurs in the USA!

The odds of being killed in a school shooting are less than being struck by lightening. Again, where is that damn eyeroll thingie? Probably the most dangerous thing Americans do is to drive to work, but no one seems interested in raising driver license fees and making the tests and standards for driving much more stringent.

Irrational fear for the win ....

• Like 4
musicman666

yeah sure laugh it up ... but its the rest of the world who have to endure endless self analysis from doctor phil whenever the next columbine masscare occurs in the USA!

The odds of being killed in a school shooting are less than being struck by lightening. Again, where is that damn eyeroll thingie? Probably the most dangerous thing Americans do is to drive to work, but no one seems interested in raising driver license fees and making the tests and standards for driving much more stringent.

Irrational fear for the win ....

amazing spin... somehow the issue of gun ownership has been placed in the same sentence as driver licensing fees.. yep thats it :D

senseless

amazing spin... somehow the issue of gun ownership has been placed in the same sentence as driver licensing fees.. yep thats it :D

I wonder how many people die in the UK from being trampled at a sports stadium versus the number who die in the US from school shootings or mass violence.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We have a third world neighbor to the south of the US. Imagine if the philippines was a stones throw away from the UK how different your country would look.

If I had to postulate I would say that 25%+ of the murders in the US occur along the southern border or between illegal immigrant populations. If one illegal kills another illegal with an illegal gun that counts as a murder on our books. Upward estimates are that there are 30 million people living inside the US illegally without visa, etc. Which is roughly HALF the population of your fair country.

The only issues that have any close similarity for the UK are the issues with Ireland/IRA which started as a result of conquest.

And for being from a country who use to dismember their enemies and mount their body parts from bridges. You sure are awfully condemning.

Edited by senseless
  • Like 1
musicman666

I wonder how many people die in the UK from being trampled at a sports stadium versus the number who die in the US from school shootings or mass violence.

i would say a lot less.... but the uk situation is something that is regarded as a situation that will be fixed though legislation... only wish it was true for the USA!

No spin, it's simple rational risk assessment. Choices based on irrational fears are seldom going to be truly beneficial, yet many people seem to live their lives based on that. For instance, many people, men particularly, ride motorcycles at some point in their lives. This is an incredibly risky behavior statistically speaking. Yes, I also ride but I understand the risks.

I shoot also, as a sport. The shooting is MUCH safer than riding or scuba diving, for instance. In fact it's probably one of the safest activities I take part in for fun, rationally speaking.

In fact here are some quickly grabbed figures:

In one year in America:

Deaths from auto crashes: 42,000

Deaths from flu: 20,000

Gun homicides: 8000

Edited by locktite
  • Like 4

i would say a lot less.... but the uk situation is something that is regarded as a situation that will be fixed though legislation... only wish it was true for the USA!

A little over 300 students have died in the last 15 years due to shootings in school, many of those were not "mass shootings" by the way. I'm betting the soccer fan death toll since 1995 is at least comparable. BAN SOCCER! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

senseless

A little over 300 students have died in the last 15 years due to shootings in school, many of those were not "mass shootings" by the way. I'm betting the soccer fan death toll since 1995 is at least comparable. BAN SOCCER! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

http://en.wikipedia....de#20th_century

In all fairness, I think americans do some crazy stampeding of their own. But it's usually as a result of getting an item from a store..

November 28, 2008: Jdimytai Damour died and at least four were injured when a stampede of shoppers broke down the door of a Wal-Mart in Valley Stream, New York, just before the store opened for its Black Friday sales. [4]

Edited by senseless
musicman666

amazing spin... somehow the issue of gun ownership has been placed in the same sentence as driver licensing fees.. yep thats it :rolleyes:

and ...i said that the uk considered it a problem that will be fixed....unlike the usa... discuss!

senseless

So in the end I think we can all agree that there are probably more likely and probable ways for you to die than being killed in a robbery. And that there is no reason that you should not be able to defend yourself in your own home. Or at least 56% of respondents feel that way.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why you should not be able to defend yourself with deadly force? Since 30.77% of respondents voted no?

Perhaps I should have added a second poll. Do you think the police or someone will come to your aid in the event of such a problem? Or maybe Do you feel secure knowing the government is "looking out" for you?

Edited by senseless
Perhaps I should have added a second poll. Do you think the police or someone will come to your aid in the event of such a problem? Or maybe Do you feel secure knowing the government is "looking out" for you?

When seconds count the police are only minutes away.