Allowing Foreigners to Carry Guns

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think foreigners should be allowed to carry/own licensed guns in the philippines?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Omg im a scared little baby liberal who doesnt like guns. I call the police to come scrape my body from the road after the criminals have had their way.

senseless

If someone breaks into your house and you shoot them it's considered a homicide/murder on the books even if the reasoning was self-defense. It would be nice to have statistics that state how many home invasion robberies in the US end with the perpetrator being killed.

Touchy subject huh

They're just pissed off and unhappy with life because they're still paying 60% taxes.

Edited by senseless
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• senseless

• Jess Bartone

• Baldy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When all of the criminals in the world throw their guns into the sea then I believe we should too. It's that simple. If a man is afraid of a gun, maybe you should check to see what is between his legs

Yes, violence is a societal issue not an object ownership issue. Interestingly if one looks at crime stats for Caucasian Americans they are very close to the figures in Western Europe. Draw your own c

The "designed for" argument is a red herring. Volkswagon made a lot of military vehicles. So have Jeep. GM. In other pointless bits of data, my guns have never come close to killing anyone. "Designed

Posted Images

RogerDuMond

As proof of my statement above, I am including crime statistics for Kennesaw, Georgia where gun ownership is mandatory.

I think that hardly qualifies as a proof. Crime is generally much lower in small cities somewhere in the countryside. And I could easily find cities of that size in "gun-free" countries where there is also next to no crime.

An example please.

I think the best you can come up with is, that there is no real correlation between legal gun ownership and crime. Crime has other reasons than people beeing allowed or not allowed to own guns.

Please read the link completely. Statistics in this town before and after the passage of the law proves the correlation.

It might have more to do with a lot of people owning next to nothing and a few people owning almost everything.

The ultimate argument for sharing the wealth. Give everybody the same amount of money and despite what they do or don't do and you will have no crime. You will certainly have no incentive to excel.

• Like 1

If someone breaks into your house and you shoot them it's considered a homicide/murder on the books even if the reasoning was self-defense. It would be nice to have statistics that state how many home invasion robberies in the US end with the perpetrator being killed.

Touchy subject huh

They're just pissed off and unhappy with life because they're still paying 60% taxes.

Could you please clarify who "they" are, and 60% tax on what?

Before you reply, you might want to check this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_tax_revenue_as_percentage_of_GDP.

However, I haven't a clue what the figures mean; for example, I don't consider the 15% of salary that disappears each month to pay my pension as "tax"

Touchy subject huh

Anyways back to the subject at hand, I think in the UK the law is that you're are allowed to use "reasonable force" to subdue or overwhelm an intruder.

I think this is unlikely to include blasting the head off someone in a burglarisation situation, especially one who most likely does not speak the same language as you (as it could easily be in the Philippines).

senseless

Could you please clarify who "they" are, and 60% tax on what?

Before you reply, you might want to check this http://en.wikipedia....centage_of_GDP.

However, I haven't a clue what the figures mean; for example, I don't consider the 15% of salary that disappears each month to pay my pension as "tax"

60% tax on income. I was being facetious. I was speaking of UK/EU/AU guys who are so adamantly anti-gun.

In regards to tax revenue per gdp. It includes business taxes which are going to be 75-80%+ of all taxes collected. In the US if we were to just reduce our military spending and waste a smidge or 2 it would leave enough room to remove all working (income) taxes from citizens. But good luck getting that to happen.

Anyways back to the subject at hand, I think in the UK the law is that you're are allowed to use "reasonable force" to subdue or overwhelm an intruder.

I think this is unlikely to include blasting the head off someone in a burglarisation situation, especially one who most likely does not speak the same language as you (as it could easily be in the Philippines).

So, someone breaks into my house threatening my family's well being and blasting their head off is some how NOT reasonable? Maybe I should give them punch and pie? People who do not respect others property, rights, etc should not be allowed to live. Plus, if they do they just end up in prison and my tiny amount of tax money ends up taking care of them for the next 60 years. Don't think so.

Further, how am I supposed to know if they're carrying an illegal gun or not? Ask them? "Uh, excuse me sir, are you carrying any illegal firearms before I attempt to subdue you? If you could answer me in formal written form it would be most appreciated, thank you sir"

Edited by senseless

RE: starting a movement -- along with mailing a gun to RP, could be yet another good way to get blacklisted?

Edited by Willie
  • Like 2

The ultimate argument for sharing the wealth. Give everybody the same amount of money and despite what they do or don't do and you will have no crime. You will certainly have no incentive to excel.

Well that's not really what I said. But I do think that the gap between rich and poor should be somehow reasonable. Especially if the poor are really poor with little or no perspective in life, which is certainly true for many third world countries with high crime rates.

senseless

Maybe along with mailing a gun to RP, yet another good way to get blacklisted?

it's not illegal to send a frame, springs, triggers, etc. Only the barrel is illegal. This is what we were discussing in that thread if you had followed it completely. The question was what the legal implications were for mailing a gun. Disassembled into its base components a gun would not be illegal to send here with the exception of the barrel. A replacement barrel can be bought locally or imported by a a local. Also keep in mind that the entire point of that thread was that he wanted to give a gun to his brother-in-law whom is a PINOY. FFS READ!

Edited by senseless

Please read the link completely. Statistics in this town before and after the passage of the law proves the correlation.

I did. I also consulted Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennesaw,_Georgia

Citing from there:

"Prominent gun right activist David Kopel has claimed that there is evidence that this gun law has reduced the incident rate of home burglaries citing that in the first year, home burglaries dropped from 65, to 26 in 1983, to 11 in 1984.[12] Another report observed a noticeably reduction in burglary from 1981, the year before the ordinance was passed, to 1999.[13]

Statistical analysis of the data over a longer period of time did not show any evidence that the law reduced the rate of home burglaries in Kennesaw.[14][15]"

Touchy subject huh

No I'm not pissed off about the taxes I pay and social security payments because I realize some of that money is actually used to make the life of the poor more bearable and thus indirectly lowers the crime rate where I live. I think that's basically a good thing.

senseless

No I'm not pissed off about the taxes I pay and social security payments because I realize some of that money is actually used to make the life of the poor more bearable and thus indirectly lowers the crime rate where I live. I think that's basically a good thing.

In the socialized system that you live under; Why are these people not able to succeed on their own? Are they incapable of getting a job or learning? I don't have pitty for poor people because that's where I came from. We have lots of welfare in the US. People collect 3, 4, 5 different welfare checks under different assumed identities and names! Hey even illegal immigrants from mexico join in on the welfare fun!

Adversity builds character and separates the weak from the strong.

musicman666

im just thinking of what good can come of a situation where we are all armed to the teeth... some guy wants to take your wallet or rob your house and he is armed. well the guy doing the attack more often that not has a lot less to lose out of some exchange of fire .. the attacker is desperate enough to do the crime in the first place...possibly high on shabu desperate for cash for his next fix.

all that will happen is that these guys are going to hit harder because they assume you have a gun. The only winners in this situation will be the journalists who want to fill newspaper space with catchy headlines such as "foreigner shoots it out with attacker in Colon... foreigner was killed!"

just walk around with small bills ...if somone wants them he can have them.... not worth the grief.

Edited by musicman666

im just thinking of what good can come of a situation where we are all armed to the teeth... some guy wants to take your wallet or rob your house and he is armed. well the guy doing the attack more often that not has a lot less to lose out of some exchange of fire .. the attacker is desperate enough to do the crime in the first place...possibly high on shabu desperate for cash for his next fix.

all that will happen is that these guys are going to hit harder because they assume you have a gun. The only winners in this situation will be the journalists who want to fill newspaper space with catchy headlines such as "foreigner shoots it out with attacker in Colon... foreigner was killed!"

just walk around with small bills ...if somone wants them he can have them.... not worth the grief.

Geriatric expat commandos, LOL. :D

• Like 2

In the socialized system that you live under; Why are these people not able to succeed on their own? Are they incapable of getting a job or learning? I don't have pitty for poor people because that's where I came from. We have lots of welfare in the US. People collect 3, 4, 5 different welfare checks under different assumed identities and names! Hey even illegal immigrants from mexico join in on the welfare fun!

Adversity builds character and separates the weak from the strong.

You probably don't really know the system I live under, or you wouldn't call it socialized. Most of the poor people here are actually incapable getting (holding) a job or learning. That's the sad truth.

Seperating the weak from the strong is maybe not always the way to go. I think that mentality actually leads to the "weak" arming themselves to become "strong". I much prefer to live in a society which takes reasonable care of its weaker members. Now the misuse of such systems is a completely different issue, I don't think misuse can be an argument against any system, it can only be an argument for better and more efficient control. But you will always have a small percentage of misuse, just as you will never have 0% crime rate, no matter what you do to lower it.

richard90027

The NPA are killing Police all over the RP to get guns for their cause, if it was known that Foreigners were allowed to carry I think you would see a lot more Foreigner deaths by the NPA to acquire the weapons they need. Here in the USA I am a NRA Member and strongly support gun ownership however undecided on this kind of Philippine issue.

Edited by richard90027