Allowing Foreigners to Carry Guns

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think foreigners should be allowed to carry/own licensed guns in the philippines?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Omg im a scared little baby liberal who doesnt like guns. I call the police to come scrape my body from the road after the criminals have had their way.

smokey

If citizens are permitted to own and carry firearms, then I think permanent residents (but not permanent tourists) should be permitted to as well.

I'd like to see a level playing field for permanent residents, including the issue of gun ownership. If the government is going to grant me permission to live here as a permanent resident, then I should have the same rights as citizens; except voting and holding office.

well foreigners are though of as a source of money and not much more .... why should they allow a Foreigner any rights well they might pass such a law if they could get the foreigners to pay 100,000p a year for a lic...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• senseless

• Jess Bartone

• Baldy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When all of the criminals in the world throw their guns into the sea then I believe we should too. It's that simple. If a man is afraid of a gun, maybe you should check to see what is between his legs

Yes, violence is a societal issue not an object ownership issue. Interestingly if one looks at crime stats for Caucasian Americans they are very close to the figures in Western Europe. Draw your own c

The "designed for" argument is a red herring. Volkswagon made a lot of military vehicles. So have Jeep. GM. In other pointless bits of data, my guns have never come close to killing anyone. "Designed

Posted Images

Jess Bartone

If citizens are permitted to own and carry firearms, then I think permanent residents (but not permanent tourists) should be permitted to as well.

I'd like to see a level playing field for permanent residents, including the issue of gun ownership. If the government is going to grant me permission to live here as a permanent resident, then I should have the same rights as citizens; except voting and holding office.

After 5 years you can apply for citizenship, and as far as I know, attainment does not require you to renounce your birthplace citizenship.

Although I am anti-gun I do agree with your statement, in Australia permanent residents enjoy all of the priveleges of Australian citizens other than the one's you have mentioned and also that if they leave the country there is a time limit within which they must return, otherwise they will lose permanent resident status..

How more BS have to be carried out before you understand that a gun for self protection schould be legal.

I am not a fan of taking the gun outside the house, unless you use it for sporting, shooting clubs and stuff. The right to defend you'r family and you'r assets in you'r own house stands strong in the laws of most countrys i know of. So if you live in the PI with a legal visa to stay its in my belief you schould be granted the right to protect you'r self.

Please spare me all the bullshit about how tough you are and "that you only need a blade".

Might be you change your mind if you ever stands face to face with a crackhead in your childrens bedroom.

• Like 2
smokey

There are enough problems in this country now, flooding it with more guns would be totaly insane. Thank God Howard had the balls to get rid off them in Oz.. Best thing he ever did.

Do you think the gang members, the thieves, the crazies, all got rid of their guns because it

• Like 2

The vast majority of people who feel that a gun is an essential item, are Americans.

You can see the result of Americas love affair with guns from the statistics, which show massive numbers killed with them each year.

I would hate to see the same numbers killed in the Philippines, or all the other countries that dont allow guns.

Alan ... You honestly believe that America with all it's privately owned guns has a greater murder rate (per capita) than the Philippines?

You are so wrong!

Here are the stats:

Murder rates around the world ... (Homicides per 100,000 population)

USA: 5.9 murders

Philippines: 21.0 murders

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2009/oct/13/homicide-rates-country-murder-data

Were talking homicide here (not reported crimes). Many countries have low total crime rates due to a failure to actually report a crime by the victim (such as the Philippines)

So, here we have the US with all it's gun owners, and we have a much lower "murder" rate than the PI. Well, I guess that's not so unusual since most Filipinos seem to find the knife as the weapon of choice.

Yes, the US has a high total reported crime rate, but a fairly low actual homicide / murder rate.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

keep in mind there is a large difference between someone going out and getting an illegal gun and someone going to the trouble time effort and expense of getting a gun (and possibly a carry permit) legally

i have no problem with making safety courses and back ground checks mandatory in fact i would strongly encourage that. and yes it should be limited to residents not tourists (so to speak)

nothing is perfect in this world shit happens, everywhere and everyday, but that doesn't mean you have to take all things away from all people. cars crash people drink to excess and make a nuisance of themselves some people spend all their grocery money on lottery tickets and their family goes hungry.

you can't wrap the world in bubble wrap and make it perfectly safe and smooth for everyone

taking things away from law abiding citizens won't change thing one for non law abiding citizens

i remember my Dad saying " if you make guns illegal in America all you'll accomplish is making millions of law abiding citizens in to instant law breakers"

personally i don't care one way or the other what the Philippines would ever do on this subject, not that i intend to break the law, though i will always protect my family even at my own expense if need be in any way i can, but it just doesn't really concern me as my wife can own a gun and if we want to get some when we are over there well that's good enough for me

Alan ... You honestly believe that America with all it's privately owned guns has a greater murder rate (per capita) than the Philippines?

You are so wrong!

Here are the stats:

Murder rates around the world ... (Homicides per 100,000 population)

USA: 5.9 murders

Philippines: 21.0 murders

Hmm wonder where they got their figures.

Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_homicide_rate

USA are classified before the Philippines.

USA: 5,4

Philippines: 3,82

And I do believe its legal to carry guns in the Phils, so it's not the right comparison anyway if you want to argue pro or anti gun.

And do you honestly think the US should be compared to a third world country?

Shouldn't you rather ask yourself, why is the homicide rate in most other civilized 1st world countries so much lower than in the US?

Bet_Busta

I carry my wife. She carries a .38; with a shoot first ask questions later mentality. No she doesnt have a carry permit but Hey shes a Filipino and they can do things we foreigners cant.

That's a big risk. She can be apprehended if discovered.

Carrying ouside one's residence a licensed gun but without a permit to carry is illegal even with Filipinos.

Edited by Bet_Busta
Who wants to start the "Allow foreigners to own guns" movement?

What do you mean by "movement" ?

Like bowel movement ? or like the the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement, and all you got to do to join is sing it the next time it come's around on the guitar.With feeling. So we'll wait for it to come around on the guitar, here andsing it when it does. Here it comes.You can get anything you want, at Alice's RestaurantYou can get anything you want, at Alice's RestaurantWalk right in it's around the backJust a half a mile from the railroad trackYou can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant

What exactly is the plan before I vote ?

The vast majority of people who feel that a gun is an essential item, are Americans.

Most of the rest of us can, and do, manage very well without them.

You can see the result of Americas love affair with guns from the statistics, which show massive numbers killed with them each year.

I would hate to see the same numbers killed in the Philippines, or all the other countries that dont allow guns.

Yeah, we like our firearms. Firearms are great. We'd never have successfully seceded from the great nation of England without them. :)

So what. You wouldn't have managed without the French either, but Americans dont like them anymore

So what. You wouldn't have managed without the French either, but Americans dont like them anymore

Yeah, they had guns too. It was awesome! They did get a little silly on us since then though. :)

On the other hand, the secession was, in fact, successful... despite the Canadian assistance to permit England through our backdoor. ...and we still like them! Sorta... :)

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

Most of the rest of us can, and do, manage very well without them.

Alan your statement doesn't take into consideration the fact that it is the illegal guns that are the problem in the US. Legal ownership is not a problem. As proof of my statement above, I am including crime statistics for Kennesaw, Georgia where gun ownership is mandatory. The intention to commit a crime is going to be mitigated by the knowledge that the person who is the point of your intention is armed. baseballbat.gif

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1818862/posts

As proof of my statement above, I am including crime statistics for Kennesaw, Georgia where gun ownership is mandatory.

I think that hardly qualifies as a proof. Crime is generally much lower in small cities somewhere in the countryside. And I could easily find cities of that size in "gun-free" countries where there is also next to no crime.

I think the best you can come up with is, that there is no real correlation between legal gun ownership and crime. Crime has other reasons than people beeing allowed or not allowed to own guns.

It might have more to do with a lot of people owning next to nothing and a few people owning almost everything.

Jess Bartone

Yeah, we like our firearms. Firearms are great. We'd never have successfully seceded from the great nation of England without them. :)

Touchy subject huh