Allowing Foreigners to Carry Guns

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think foreigners should be allowed to carry/own licensed guns in the philippines?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Omg im a scared little baby liberal who doesnt like guns. I call the police to come scrape my body from the road after the criminals have had their way.

That is why we (in most civilised countries) have a police force.

So they can go and help me enjoy my shooting sports participation? Or so they can protect me? Because they are required to do neither in the USA, and I doubt it's different in the UK.

Same in the UK Loads of Little thugs on street corners carrying guns or knifes, never a policeman around when some poor person gets robbed, rapped or assaulted or at worst murdered. If We could carry guns we might be able to prevent or defend ourselfs. Police are a waist of time, especially in the UK as they dont carry guns

either! The top and bottom of the matter is you should be able to defend yourself against criminals who carry weapons, and not be a victim! People are afraid to go

out at night, if everyone carried a gun i bet most of the criminals would find a new profession.

Thank you Stuart for giving us the true picture of what is happening in the UK. Anyone with common sense should know that the police can't protect you, especially if the criminals have guns and the police don't.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• senseless

• Jess Bartone

• Baldy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When all of the criminals in the world throw their guns into the sea then I believe we should too. It's that simple. If a man is afraid of a gun, maybe you should check to see what is between his legs

Yes, violence is a societal issue not an object ownership issue. Interestingly if one looks at crime stats for Caucasian Americans they are very close to the figures in Western Europe. Draw your own c

The "designed for" argument is a red herring. Volkswagon made a lot of military vehicles. So have Jeep. GM. In other pointless bits of data, my guns have never come close to killing anyone. "Designed

Posted Images

Thank you Stuart for giving us the true picture of what is happening in the UK. Anyone with common sense should know that the police can't protect you, especially if the criminals have guns and the police don't.

The SCOTUS ruled that the police are not responsible for protecting citizens a while back. Apparently their function is to organize parades, give out speeding tickets to taxpaying citizens and if it's handy, occasionally arrest someone who has already committed a crime.

• 3 weeks later...
ArieBombarie

well I wont feel safer on my visits when the already serious firepower on the street is expanded by a bunch of armed expats :shitstormretarded:;)

I feel the most unsafe when around security guards with shotguns, always scared some robbery goes on and these untrained and underpayed uniforms start to fire of rounds in the general direction of the threat

I was amazed at my first visit packed streets and markets, and shotguns to protect money changers etc., it will be a bloodbath if anything happens

RetiredNavyGuy
amazing spin... somehow the issue of gun ownership has been placed in the same sentence as driver licensing fees.. yep thats it

"Makes a lot of sense to me, since we're talking broadly about safety and instruments of death"

Whilst I agree with much of what you've said I can't agree with the view that a gun & a motor vehicle should be placed in the same basket as instruments of death, the reason being that a gun is designed as an instrument of death and a motor vehicle is designed to transport people from A to B.

Perhaps you were thinking along the lines of this....... madmax.jpg

Dunno. A lot of people (especially Americans) equate guns and cars (and not much else) with the size of their reproductive organs.

U don't know about the size of reproductive organs, but I would have LOVED to have one of those vehicles when I was stuck driving in commuter traffic in the Long Beach/Los Angeles area. :shitstormretarded:

Dunno. A lot of people (especially Americans) equate guns and cars (and not much else) with the size of their reproductive organs.

Not actually, in truth that's just an "argument" put forth by people with tiny dicks AND no guns.

• Like 2
RogerDuMond

Whilst I agree with much of what you've said I can't agree with the view that a gun & a motor vehicle should be placed in the same basket as instruments of death, the reason being that a gun is designed as an instrument of death and a motor vehicle is designed to transport people from A to B.

Why not in the same basket? If you set both on the ground side by side no one is going to get hurt. It isn't the instrument or what it was designed for that causes the harm, but how it is used. It is the person operating either that is the problem. You have to agree that more people are killed by reckless use of cars than guns.

• Like 2
I feel the most unsafe when around security guards with shotguns, always scared some robbery goes on and these untrained and underpayed uniforms start to fire of rounds in the general direction of the threat

I generally feel more safe when the people charged with protecting me are well armed. Even famous anti-gun rights activists like many celebrities employ armed guards, which is really the height of dishonesty. How many anti-gun rights Senators and Representatives demand that their entourage be completely gun free I wonder? My bet: 0%.

• Like 2
ArieBombarie

I generally feel more safe when the people charged with protecting me are well armed. Even famous anti-gun rights activists like many celebrities employ armed guards, which is really the height of dishonesty. How many anti-gun rights Senators and Representatives demand that their entourage be completely gun free I wonder? My bet: 0%.

I might not have been clear but the guards I am talking about are there to protect some money changer in a shopping street not me and the shotguns they carry are hardly fitting to take out somebody with a well placed shot, armed people might increase the security of what they are protecting but do not increase the safety of the general public that ends up in the crossfire. That property has to be secured with armed guards is just a reality in RP not going to argue about that

Edited by ArieBombarie
RogerDuMond

I might not have been clear but the guards I am talking about are there to protect some money changer in a shopping street not me and the shotguns they carry are hardly fitting to take out somebody with a well placed shot, armed people might increase the security of what they are protecting but do not increase the safety of the general public that ends up in the crossfire. That property has to be secured with armed guards is just a reality in RP not going to argue about that

I think you are missing part of the equation. The armed guards greatly diminish the threat of something happening at the establishment therefore lessen your chance of being harmed while at the establishment.

Could you please clarify who "they" are, and 60% tax on what?

Before you reply, you might want to check this http://en.wikipedia....centage_of_GDP.

However, I haven't a clue what the figures mean; for example, I don't consider the 15% of salary that disappears each month to pay my pension as "tax"

60% tax on income. I was being facetious. I was speaking of UK/EU/AU guys who are so adamantly anti-gun.

In regards to tax revenue per gdp. It includes business taxes which are going to be 75-80%+ of all taxes collected. In the US if we were to just reduce our military spending and waste a smidge or 2 it would leave enough room to remove all working (income) taxes from citizens. But good luck getting that to happen.

Anyways back to the subject at hand, I think in the UK the law is that you're are allowed to use "reasonable force" to subdue or overwhelm an intruder.

I think this is unlikely to include blasting the head off someone in a burglarisation situation, especially one who most likely does not speak the same language as you (as it could easily be in the Philippines).

So, someone breaks into my house threatening my family's well being and blasting their head off is some how NOT reasonable? Maybe I should give them punch and pie? People who do not respect others property, rights, etc should not be allowed to live. Plus, if they do they just end up in prison and my tiny amount of tax money ends up taking care of them for the next 60 years. Don't think so.

Further, how am I supposed to know if they're carrying an illegal gun or not? Ask them? "Uh, excuse me sir, are you carrying any illegal firearms before I attempt to subdue you? If you could answer me in formal written form it would be most appreciated, thank you sir"

I believe most of you are aware of home invasions, for what ever the reason. If I find someone in my home uninvited, wake and see someone, I will automatically believe that my family and myself are in peril. Unreasonable force would be dismemberment and hanging him outside to show what unwanted visitors would be met with if you are determined to visit and I can not decide why you are there. I would rather be known as crazy and have no problems than the "nice" guy.

When in Rome.....

Geriatric expat commandos, LOL. :shitstormretarded:

haha. Hey, a really catchy name. Kinda like VFW... Love it. Anyone want to start a GEC group? Meet once a month at a members house. BBQ a pig, drink beer and tell lies to each other. Rotate locations. Kidding, but cool name. ;)

Why not in the same basket? If you set both on the ground side by side no one is going to get hurt. It isn't the instrument or what it was designed for that causes the harm, but how it is used. It is the person operating either that is the problem. You have to agree that more people are killed by reckless use of cars than guns.

In all honesty Roger,

I think this argument has been done to death in the previous twenty-odd pages, everything for and against is stated there, I'm not going to change your view and your not going to change mine....

have a nice day......:shitstormretarded:

Jess Bartone

.....the shotguns they carry are hardly fitting to take out somebody with a well placed shot.....

With 20" barrels, they are real scatter guns... scatter the shot and scatter the crowd.

I think this argument has been done to death in the previous twenty-odd pages, everything for and against is stated there, I'm not going to change your view and your not going to change mine.....

Ilpi, if you were an anti gun politician, would you have an armed guard?

.....the shotguns they carry are hardly fitting to take out somebody with a well placed shot.....

With 20" barrels, they are real scatter guns... scatter the shot and scatter the crowd.

I think this argument has been done to death in the previous twenty-odd pages, everything for and against is stated there, I'm not going to change your view and your not going to change mine.....

Ilpi, if you were an anti gun politician, would you have an armed guard?

I would have to say no...

I can't really see the point, if somebody wanted to assassinate me then I don't really see what an armed guard could do about it until after the deed was done, such assassinations are often done from a range but even close up what could the armed guard possibly do about it other than possibly shoot the perpetrator.... certainly wouldn't help me with my brains splattered all over the place.

I would certainly take precautions if I felt there was a possibility of being shot.. bullet proof car, bullet proof vest etc.

Actually not as much as many think. The pattern is mostly determined by choke, not barrel length. The typical cylinder choke 12ga 20", such as the Mossberg Persuader I own, will pattern pretty tightly at distances likely to be used in an urban setting, but will tend to NOT overpenetrate and perforate a lot of things beyond the first thing they hit. At say, 20' the hole/pattern will be about the size of a soccer ball, give or take.

..... the shotguns they carry are hardly fitting to take out somebody with a well placed shot ....

Actually for the ranges and surroundings involved they're probably close to perfect.