Allowing Foreigners to Carry Guns

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think foreigners should be allowed to carry/own licensed guns in the philippines?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Omg im a scared little baby liberal who doesnt like guns. I call the police to come scrape my body from the road after the criminals have had their way.

If I was a guest living in another country and I was living a life of fear, scared shitless that someone may come and rob me I would get my arse out of there at the earliest possible time... I certainly wouldn't be going on a crusade telling my hosts how to run their country and that they had to change their laws... could you imagine a foreigner in the USA campaigning to ban guns because he's scared he might get shot ??? I think I know what he would be told...

How about illegals and Mexicans protesting Arizona's Immigration Law SB1070?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• senseless

• Jess Bartone

• Baldy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When all of the criminals in the world throw their guns into the sea then I believe we should too. It's that simple. If a man is afraid of a gun, maybe you should check to see what is between his legs

Yes, violence is a societal issue not an object ownership issue. Interestingly if one looks at crime stats for Caucasian Americans they are very close to the figures in Western Europe. Draw your own c

The "designed for" argument is a red herring. Volkswagon made a lot of military vehicles. So have Jeep. GM. In other pointless bits of data, my guns have never come close to killing anyone. "Designed

Posted Images

... could you imagine a foreigner in the USA campaigning ....

How about illegals and Mexicans protesting Arizona's Immigration Law SB1070?

I think good points were made on both sides here. ....

apparelcandy

I disagree with it. There are authorities always ready to help them in case of emergency.

Here in the RP, I am not interested in carrying a firearm outside of the house. However, a properly secured firearm (meaning: not accessible by children) in the house is FAR more appealing to me than having to rely on the untimely police in the event of a home invasion. Nor would I want to rely on my anti-gun blade-expert ninja neighbors to come to my assistance against armed intruders.

In the states, it averages about 6 minutes from the time you call 911 to the police showing up. A LOT can happen in 6 minutes. Anyone want to take a guess as to how long it takes here in the RP (if you even know what number to call)?

Edited by Mailman
  • Like 1

In the states, it averages about 6 minutes from the time you call 911 to the police showing up. A LOT can happen in 6 minutes. Anyone want to take a guess as to how long it takes here in the RP (if you even know what number to call)?

Good point. What number DO you call anyway?

This all makes pretty interesting reading, but there is probably enough different information and diverse points of view here for a dozen different threads.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i own guns and have responsibly for basically my entire life ..

my Dad taught us their proper use and respect in fact he taught many inner city kids their proper use and respect and put a ton of kids on the straight and narrow as it was

he did a lot of things for inner city kids and some of the tools he used to gain their interest were guns. from BB to pistols rifles and shotguns, paper targets to clay pigeons

i've known a ton of people that are spending their days in lock up and even more that have no more days left to spend on this earth but not one of the kids my Dad took under his wing, including me and my brother, have ended up in either of those ways.

the problem with the gun argument is the same problem with many political religious or for example abortion arguments people on both sides often end up arguing merely out of their own moral superiority to their opposite and so no real discussion takes place as both arguments simply fall on deaf ear

i own guns and have responsibly for basically my entire life .. if you don't want to i'm fine with that but i do want to and i don't really feel the need of others approval (aside from legal) to do so

though i will say that i have no problem with telling people they need to take safety responsibility and use of said firearm classes before being allowed to legally own one

but in the end either way Pandora's box is now and has been open for years on this issue the guns are out there as much as many wish there were no guns in the world there is no going back

• Like 1
Tom in Texas

the problem with the gun argument is the same problem with many political religious or for example abortion arguments people on both sides often end up arguing merely out of their own moral superiority to their opposite and so no real discussion takes place as both arguments simply fall on deaf ear

i own guns and have responsibly for basically my entire life .. if you don't want to i'm fine with that but i do want to and i don't really feel the need of others approval (aside from legal) to do so

though i will say that i have no problem with telling people they need to take safety responsibility and use of said firearm classes before being allowed to legally own one

but in the end either way Pandora's box is now and has been open for years on this issue the guns are out there as much as many wish there were no guns in the world there is no going back

Well stated... and I agree.

Being raised in rural Texas... as a child I thought guns were just another basic household appliance... like a refrigerator. Guns were a useful tool that were regularly used on most every farm or ranch I am aware of. Importantly, children in most families were taught to properly use, care for... and respect the danger of... firearms from an early age.

It was not until I moved to the "big city" in the late 60s that I became aware that anyone considered guns to be inherently evil, dangerous or something to be feared.

I do lament the enormous number of Saturday Night Specials that are in circulation... and the number of idiots and criminals that have guns, but absolutely no idea of how to safely handle one nor intent to do so --- however, those disturbing facts simply reinforce my belief that gun ownership by law-abiding responsible persons is not an option, but a necessity.

Guess I have given away my secret vote to the poll. biggrin_01.gif

Tom in Texas

I have owned guns all of my life. I used them for hunting, target pratice, and for personal protection. I even served in the US Army. Isn't it ironic that it's illegal for me to own a gun in the Philippines but legal for my Filipino wife to own one. She has never fired gun. I believe I would be a lot safer with a gun than her.

Has anyone ever called the police in the Philippines so you can tell us how long it took for them to arrive? Last year my next door neighbor was inside his home when he heard voices inside his security fence. He was afraid to go outside because he don't know if they had knives or guns, so he called the police. You won't believe what the police told him. We can't come to your house because we don't have any gas. This was near the center of Cebu City. Well the intruders only took his car battery. I guess my neighbor was lucky they didn't break into his house or maybe they were lucky because my neighbor is a Filipino. Maybe he has a gun and would have defended himself.

I voted yes on the poll because I believe every man has the right and responsibility to protect his family. I'm getting a little old to fight with a baseball bat or a knife, but I'm still a very good shot. If the law was changed, I would probably just keep my gun at home and not carry it most places because of security checks.

Good luck on relying on the police to protect you. The criminals will be already gone before the police arrive.

It's been several years since I read the statictics, but at that time more people were murdered in the USA with knives than with guns and the gun used the most was a .22 caliber which is about the smallest caliber you can buy. The news media likes to spread a lot of BS about assault guns when a .22 is very effective in killing people if that is what you want to do. Personally I like the .40 S&W It makes a big hole and has good knock down power.

You won't believe what the police told him. We can't come to your house because we don't have any gas.

That's just code for 'shoot them and dispose of the bodies - we may never show up'. :)

Edited by Mailman
smokey

when people like this young guy stop breaking into homes i will get rid of my gun until then well break in at your own risk

DECATUR

Has anyone ever called the police in the Philippines so you can tell us how long it took for them to arrive?

Between 5 - 15 minutes, depending on the circumstances.

Personally I am very satisfied with the police here in Cebu City.

Harry Wad

smokey

Has anyone ever called the police in the Philippines so you can tell us how long it took for them to arrive?

Between 5 - 15 minutes, depending on the circumstances.

Personally I am very satisfied with the police here in Cebu City.

Harry Wad

when we lived in new town it took 30 min plus we called with a someone is in our house call they were upstairs in one of the rooms , by the time the police came we settled the problem it was a neighbor who was sneaking into our house and staying in my sons room and my son was out of town so he came in while we were at the mall ,,, now we have dogs and no one can sneak in

That is why we (in most civilised countries) have a police force.

So they can go and help me enjoy my shooting sports participation? Or so they can protect me? Because they are required to do neither in the USA, and I doubt it's different in the UK.

Same in the UK Loads of Little thugs on street corners carrying guns or knifes, never a policeman around when some poor person gets robbed, rapped or assaulted or at worst murdered. If We could carry guns we might be able to prevent or defend ourselfs. Police are a waist of time, especially in the UK as they dont carry guns

either! The top and bottom of the matter is you should be able to defend yourself against criminals who carry weapons, and not be a victim! People are afraid to go

out at night, if everyone carried a gun i bet most of the criminals would find a new profession.