Allowing Foreigners to Carry Guns

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think foreigners should be allowed to carry/own licensed guns in the philippines?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Omg im a scared little baby liberal who doesnt like guns. I call the police to come scrape my body from the road after the criminals have had their way.

i never thought of it that like that...there are some small dicked guys who just cant cut the mustard without a much bigger piece in their hand.

Well I never would have considered a small woman or an elderly person as "small dicked"; in fact I'm curious how your massive dick figures into your self defense techniques. Perhaps you use it as a shield or you trip attackers with it? Or is it useful as a bludgeon? :)

• Like 2
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• senseless

• Jess Bartone

• Baldy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When all of the criminals in the world throw their guns into the sea then I believe we should too. It's that simple. If a man is afraid of a gun, maybe you should check to see what is between his legs

Yes, violence is a societal issue not an object ownership issue. Interestingly if one looks at crime stats for Caucasian Americans they are very close to the figures in Western Europe. Draw your own c

The "designed for" argument is a red herring. Volkswagon made a lot of military vehicles. So have Jeep. GM. In other pointless bits of data, my guns have never come close to killing anyone. "Designed

Posted Images

musicman666
i never thought of it that like that...there are some small dicked guys who just cant cut the mustard without a much bigger piece in their hand.

Well I never would have considered a small woman or an elderly person as "small dicked"; in fact I'm curious how your massive dick figures into your self defense techniques. Perhaps you use it as a shield or you trip attackers with it? Or is it useful as a bludgeon? :)

your now talking about small elderly women? why stop there?? im sure you could run with this all the way.

Leaving the surreal behind, the facts remain that firearms are safe when used properly and have many practical applications. Banning a fellow person from having something simply due to irrational fear is wrong. Bottom line. I don't have any guns in the PI nor have I ever felt I needed one, but if I could legally have one I'd consider it.

I have them legally here, now, and I'm actively pursuing acquisition of a permit to carry for my new locale.

firearms ... have many practical applications.

No they dont. They have one application and that is to kill. Either animals or people.

As most of us buy our food at the shops, we dont need to kill things to get our dinner, and that leaves just one use for them.

• Like 1
firearms ... have many practical applications.

No they dont. They have one application and that is to kill. Either animals or people.

As most of us buy our food at the shops, we dont need to kill things to get our dinner, and that leaves just one use for them.

I was going to deluge you with examples of firearms that see heavy use and have never killed anything, but it occurs to me that given the absoluteness of your statement a single example suffices to prove it wrong. Here it is:

I have many guns I use regularly and I've only used one to kill anything with. One other has been used before it was mine to hunt birds. The rest have been used a lot and have never killed anything.

Your statement is almost precisely like me saying "Knives have one application and that is to kill. Either animals or people."

Simply because they can do a thing does not ensure that's all they do.

• Like 2

I voted "undecided", because I have never really put much thought into this. After pondering it over for a while, I would probably be in favor of it, though.

Do note that, while living in the USA, I was ProGun all the way. Over the years, I owned a number of different firearms. Likewise, here, I believe that Filipinos should also have the right to carry guns.

But, on a personal note, I have never felt unsafe here, nor have I felt as though I needed a gun to protect my life. This is after having experienced two separate altercations over the years, where a weapon, one gun and later one knife, were pulled on me.

Thought I read above that guns are not allowed in the PI, but you had one pulled on you!!!!! Yea I know that the criminals always have guns. BTW am not against guns. I have a CCP here in Colorado. What about the use of pepper spray. It can be pretty nasty

Your statement is almost precisely like me saying "Knives have one application and that is to kill. Either animals or people."

Oh you use your guns for preparing food and cutting your steak, do you?

Apart from killing the only other use I can think of is target shooting. So what are the many applications for your guns?

• Like 1

Oh you use your guns for preparing food and cutting your steak, do you?

Apart from killing the only other use I can think of is target shooting. So what are the many applications for your guns?

Apart from killing things the only use I can think of for a knife is cutting things. If you take things to the most generic it still works. Magic!

• Like 1

I voted "undecided", because I have never really put much thought into this. After pondering it over for a while, I would probably be in favor of it, though.

Do note that, while living in the USA, I was ProGun all the way. Over the years, I owned a number of different firearms. Likewise, here, I believe that Filipinos should also have the right to carry guns.

But, on a personal note, I have never felt unsafe here, nor have I felt as though I needed a gun to protect my life. This is after having experienced two separate altercations over the years, where a weapon, one gun and later one knife, were pulled on me.

Thought I read above that guns are not allowed in the PI, but you had one pulled on you!!!!! Yea I know that the criminals always have guns. BTW am not against guns. I have a CCP here in Colorado. What about the use of pepper spray. It can be pretty nasty

No. Guns are allowed in the Philippines. I have seen many gun shops here, and have frequented a number of them over the years. You, as a foreigner, cannot buy one, though. However, your wife or girlfriend can buy one, as long as she is a Filipino National.

Now, there are towns / cities where you can visit and meet "gun manufacturers", many who would be happy to sell a firearm to a foreigner. However, once, not if, you are caught with that firearm in your possession, you will see the inside of a very nasty, roach, rat, and bug infested jail. I know this from personal experience, because I once had a client who was held, for several months, in the "old" BBRC, which was located in Lahug. Trust me, you would NOT wish to be a resident inside that, or any similar facility in this country.

So, if you wish to have a firearm in the house, and I know many Fil-foreigner couples who do, by all means, buy the weapon LEGALLY.

-------------

Pepper Spray can be purchased here as well. I may be wrong here, but you can probably buy that at a gun shop too. Please do appropriate research on that topic (search through the threads on this forum in fact, as that topic has come up before.) Before anyone asks, crossbows have also come up here too, as well as knives. Please visit the forums search engine and you will find the information you seek.

• Like 2

You could use a gun to hammer in nails. That I will concede. However, its designed purpose is to kill. Besides that, it is better to use the correct tool for the job (a hammer works much better), and it would be a shame to damage a well made piece of machinery.

Yes, I can admire the engineering that goes into weapons (I know people who make guns) but nevertheless, the objective behind a gun is to kill.

(Whilst knives can kill, it is not the intended purpose of (most) of them.)

• Like 1

You could use a gun to hammer in nails. That I will concede. However, its designed purpose is to kill. Besides that, it is better to use the correct tool for the job (a hammer works much better), and it would be a shame to damage a well made piece of machinery.

Yes, I can admire the engineering that goes into weapons (I know people who make guns) but nevertheless, the objective behind a gun is to kill.

You can use a knife to hammer in things too, so what? Designed purpose is the start of a pointless debate, because ultimately it doesn't matter what it was designed for, it matters what it is used for. A gun is designed to shoot things, essentially, just as a knife is designed to cut things.

As for knives, if you look at the number of knives sold to the militaries of the work or carried for defense, or used in crimes, it's easy to see that a significant minority of knives are gonna fail that test as well, it's a flawed test.

Jess Bartone

This is getting childish, suggesting steak can be cut with a gun, and that a gun has one purpose. This topic is about gun ownership by foreigners in the Philippines I thought.

There are literally thousands of people in gun clubs who have never fired a gun outside of the club environment. It is a social activity to which many take their families and even have functions outside the club at restaurants etc. Perhaps we could have a paper and clay awareness week, civil rights for targets, it's so cruel (following the childish logic of cutting steak with a gun).

• Like 3

I disagree, Alan, my friend. I met, during my years of living in the US, many career officers who retired without ever having drawn their weapons. The purpose of a gun is not to kill, but to prevent from being killed.

Look at the image below. Which house would you choose, if you were a burglar?

pro-gun-poster-09.jpg

• Like 1

That is why we (in most civilised countries) have a police force.

I could write at length on the reasons, OK, to be accurate, my reasons, why I am against gun ownership, but firstly, that would take this off-topic, and secondly, I am sure my views would offend some members here, and I prefer not to do that.

So, let me just say that with regard to the thread topic, we, as foreigners, cant own guns in the Philippines, and I very much doubt that the law will change to allow it, in the foreseeable future.

That is why we (in most civilised countries) have a police force.

So they can go and help me enjoy my shooting sports participation? Or so they can protect me? Because they are required to do neither in the USA, and I doubt it's different in the UK.