Allowing Foreigners to Carry Guns

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think foreigners should be allowed to carry/own licensed guns in the philippines?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Omg im a scared little baby liberal who doesnt like guns. I call the police to come scrape my body from the road after the criminals have had their way.

READ "MORE GUNS, LESS CRIME" Available at Amazon

As proof of my statement above, I am including crime statistics for Kennesaw, Georgia where gun ownership is mandatory.

I think that hardly qualifies as a proof. Crime is generally much lower in small cities somewhere in the countryside. And I could easily find cities of that size in "gun-free" countries where there is also next to no crime.

An example please.

I think the best you can come up with is, that there is no real correlation between legal gun ownership and crime. Crime has other reasons than people beeing allowed or not allowed to own guns.

Please read the link completely. Statistics in this town before and after the passage of the law proves the correlation.

It might have more to do with a lot of people owning next to nothing and a few people owning almost everything.

The ultimate argument for sharing the wealth. Give everybody the same amount of money and despite what they do or don't do and you will have no crime. You will certainly have no incentive to excel.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• senseless

• Jess Bartone

• Baldy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When all of the criminals in the world throw their guns into the sea then I believe we should too. It's that simple. If a man is afraid of a gun, maybe you should check to see what is between his legs

Yes, violence is a societal issue not an object ownership issue. Interestingly if one looks at crime stats for Caucasian Americans they are very close to the figures in Western Europe. Draw your own c

The "designed for" argument is a red herring. Volkswagon made a lot of military vehicles. So have Jeep. GM. In other pointless bits of data, my guns have never come close to killing anyone. "Designed

Posted Images

sandwindstars

Why need a license? Just buy one. There's already so many illegal owners of guns, what's one more. I heard Danao is the place. The problem is finding the opportunity to use it.

• Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

The answer is Hell No. Just what I need to see a scared old man packing. Sorry to say but most people do not have enough training or enough experience to have a fire arm. If you are in your home country and want a gun then by all means do it with this lack of training. But do not allow it here where it could potentially lead to a backlash against all expats. When one untrained scared person fires on a group of people.

Hmmm...I've got one of these...

armalite.jpg

...which way should the pointy end be facing?

Unless aimed at center mass, than always up and down range. :P

JamesMusslewhite

iron-man-2-war-machine.jpg

This would not allow some to still feel safe.

This was posted on /. today, and it's a particularly interesting social comment that relates to the comment here regarding violence in America:

"Our society would be a much, much better place if "kill" had the same vulgar and obscene connotations as "feck"."

Well my impression is Americans use "feck" as about every second word when they speak. No obscene or vulgar connotations there, it's more like so you know when one word ends and the next begins.

In principle I agree with you though, but what can you expect of a society which thinks death sentence is perfectly ok for a "civilized" nation?

ha- you should hear aussie truck drivers on the CB, im sure thier swearing would put the Americans to shame!!!

Everyone should have the right to own a gun providing they can show they are capable

of using it correctly. We take a driving test to allow us to drive a car etc if you can

musicman666

If the criminals did not carry guns we would not be needing to have this discussion.

beatdeadhorse.gif

what comes first .. the chicken or the egg... it must be noted that the filipinos were impressed with the lack of crime during the gun free ban during the run up to the election. There was even some talk about carrying this policy on after. A chink of light i would say!!!

I really think the filipinos shouldn't be looking towards the usa on this matter since they themselves are in the catch22 pointless argument that is never ending and they are stuck with it. Who wants that?

Edited by musicman666

i'm sure there are already enough times my wife wants to kill my brains out tongue.gif

hahaha if you wife kills your brains out then you can't be held responsible for anything you do after that. it's so funny

The NPA are killing Police all over the RP to get guns for their cause, if it was known that Foreigners were allowed to carry I think you would see a lot more Foreigner deaths by the NPA to acquire the weapons they need. Here in the USA I am a NRA Member and strongly support gun ownership however undecided on this kind of Philippine issue.

Hi Richard,

You are correct in saying NPA are killing police to get their guns, but they are also killing them because they hate corruption and they are trying to get the attention of the government. As a foreigner, you would be relative safe from them, if fact, most are nice people once you they get to know and trust you. Think of Robin Hood and then you will get the true picture.

When all of the criminals in the world throw their guns into the sea then I believe we should too. It's that simple. If a man is afraid of a gun, maybe you should check to see what is between his legs. A real man learns to operate and control all things necessary in live and not be afraid for them like a coward. Americans don't like men in some countries because they have proven to be pussies.

• Like 3

When all of the criminals in the world throw their guns into the sea then I believe we should too. It's that simple. If a man is afraid of a gun, maybe you should check to see what is between his legs. A real man learns to operate and control all things necessary in live and not be afraid for them like a coward. Americans don't like men in some countries because they have proven to be pussies.

Whilst that may be your personal opinion, I, and I suspect many other members, find that attitude and your comments offensive.

• Like 2
musicman666

Whilst that may be your personal opinion, I, and I suspect many other members, find that attitude and your comments offensive.

i agree totally.. the comment is offensive!

• Like 1

If a man is afraid of a gun, maybe you should check to see what is between his legs.

I think if a man needs a gun to feel safe is when you should look what's between his legs...

:)

• Like 1

Haha wow.

I figured we get to the penis talk eventually, sorta surprised it took this long. So to speak. Weapons in general and firearms particularly are equalizers. They allow a frail person to experience some degree of parity in a conflict, and as long as the strong make victims of the weak firearms are useful tools.

Outside that scenario, they are also fun to shoot for sport uses and have been used extensively to put food on a lot of tables. They are ultimately just objects and very safe and well engineered ones at that.

• Like 2
musicman666

Haha wow.

I figured we get to the penis talk eventually, sorta surprised it took this long. So to speak. Weapons in general and firearms particularly are equalizers. They allow a frail person to experience some degree of parity in a conflict, and as long as the strong make victims of the weak firearms are useful tools.

Outside that scenario, they are also fun to shoot for sport uses and have been used extensively to put food on a lot of tables. They are ultimately just objects and very safe and well engineered ones at that.

i never thought of it that like that...personally i never felt i needed a gun in cebu because i felt that any situation that might arise could be delt with by diplomacy or intelligence and some street smarts. But sure ..there are some small dicked guys who just cant cut the mustard without a much bigger piece in their hand.

• Like 1