Allowing Foreigners to Carry Guns

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think foreigners should be allowed to carry/own licensed guns in the philippines?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Omg im a scared little baby liberal who doesnt like guns. I call the police to come scrape my body from the road after the criminals have had their way.

The answer is Hell No. Just what I need to see a scared old man packing. Sorry to say but most people do not have enough training or enough experience to have a fire arm. If you are in your home country and want a gun then by all means do it with this lack of training. But do not allow it here where it could potentially lead to a backlash against all expats. When one untrained scared person fires on a group of people.

Hmmm...I've got one of these...

armalite.jpg

...which way should the pointy end be facing?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• senseless

• Jess Bartone

• Baldy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When all of the criminals in the world throw their guns into the sea then I believe we should too. It's that simple. If a man is afraid of a gun, maybe you should check to see what is between his legs

Yes, violence is a societal issue not an object ownership issue. Interestingly if one looks at crime stats for Caucasian Americans they are very close to the figures in Western Europe. Draw your own c

The "designed for" argument is a red herring. Volkswagon made a lot of military vehicles. So have Jeep. GM. In other pointless bits of data, my guns have never come close to killing anyone. "Designed

Posted Images

Thats ok Baldy, it might make a tiny difference if your trained with blades or not and of course the range. On close range id chose the blade as I novisish know how to use it. Besides, your allowed to carry a blade but not a gun,, makes kinda sense anyways...

You have a good point about that its legal to carry a blade. :) Are you sure about that?

Well, whatever, I dont think the crackhead you might meet in the down town docks give a feck about whats legal...hu?

Or the crackhead braking in to your house to steal your gold, hu? You think they give a feck about whats legal?

.....A blade can never, again, never outdo a small firearm.

Except maybe if Jackie Chan is holding it shitstormretarded.gif

This is the kind of posts that makes this a GREAT forum. :)

fecking hell, you guys have added so many years to my life, MOHAHAHA

The answer is Hell No. Just what I need to see a scared old man packing. Sorry to say but most people do not have enough training or enough experience to have a fire arm. If you are in your home country and want a gun then by all means do it with this lack of training. But do not allow it here where it could potentially lead to a backlash against all expats. When one untrained scared person fires on a group of people.

Hmmm...I've got one of these...

armalite.jpg

Best is if its pointing away...

vc1ke.jpg

Bob Ward

[quote name='Alan S' date='24 August 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1282629760' post='210375'

I would hate to see the same numbers killed in the Philippines, or all the other countries that dont allow guns.

The Philippines already ranks 10th in the world in deaths by firearms.

[quote name='Alan S' date='24 August 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1282629760' post='210375'

I would hate to see the same numbers killed in the Philippines, or all the other countries that dont allow guns.

The Philippines already ranks 10th in the world in deaths by firearms.

Whew! Glad you cleared that up... I was thinking it was 'deaths by fornication'! :biggrin_01:

Jess Bartone

armalite.jpg

When the blade is folded into the handle it doesn't matter, but when it's extended, always point away from the body.

Interesting in light of recent events, I wonder, if 2-3 of the people on that bus had been trained and legal concealed weapons carriers it's unlikely to have been as long or deadly an ordeal as it was. Whether that's "worth it" or not is left as an exercise, but this guy was a cop, he probably was well aware that a bus-load of Chinese would be 100% gun free.

Just what are the laws for possessing and carrying a gun in Cebu? I spoke with a gun store owner who is a court officer and he said I could do both but I heard different from others. I wasn't ready to buy at the time but was he inferring I would get a "special" permit?

easy44

Just what are the laws for possessing and carrying a gun in Cebu? I spoke with a gun store owner who is a court officer and he said I could do both but I heard different from others. I wasn't ready to buy at the time but was he inferring I would get a "special" permit?

As a foreigner, there is no way you can possess and carry a gun LEGALLY here. There may be exceptions for foreign law enforcement personnel on special assignment, but that's about it. Sure, there are police and government officials that can give you a gun permit with your name on it, but it will be a fraudulent document that won't hold up in court.

Police protection is an oxymoron.

>> Free citizens must protect themselves.

>> Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the

>> crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

>>

>> Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to

>> take

>> a beating'

This was posted on /. today, and it's a particularly interesting social comment that relates to the comment here regarding violence in America:

"Our society would be a much, much better place if "kill" had the same vulgar and obscene connotations as "feck"."

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i'm sure there are already enough times my wife wants to kill my brains out :P

This was posted on /. today, and it's a particularly interesting social comment that relates to the comment here regarding violence in America:

"Our society would be a much, much better place if "kill" had the same vulgar and obscene connotations as "feck"."

Well my impression is Americans use "feck" as about every second word when they speak. No obscene or vulgar connotations there, it's more like so you know when one word ends and the next begins.

In principle I agree with you though, but what can you expect of a society which thinks death sentence is perfectly ok for a "civilized" nation?

Well my impression is Americans use "feck" as about every second word when they speak. No obscene or vulgar connotations there, it's more like so you know when one word ends and the next begins.

In principle I agree with you though, but what can you expect of a society which thinks death sentence is perfectly ok for a "civilized" nation?

The only issue I have with the death sentence is implementation, not principle. Unfortunately the implementation is probably always going to be fatally flawed.

As for the other ... you're hanging out with a different crowd than I am.