Allowing Foreigners to Carry Guns

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think foreigners should be allowed to carry/own licensed guns in the philippines?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Omg im a scared little baby liberal who doesnt like guns. I call the police to come scrape my body from the road after the criminals have had their way.

To summarise my veiled argument, I am pro gun at home, but anti gun for foreigners in the Philippines.

Having said that, it would be nice to be able to go along somewhere and shoot some clay targets -- down-the-line, trap, or skeet -- then hand the shotgun back to the attendant and go home.

Yeah, if and when I move there I will miss my target shooting.

We could start a skeet club. If we cant have our guns at home, might be we can have a gun bank somewhere?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• senseless

• Jess Bartone

• Baldy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When all of the criminals in the world throw their guns into the sea then I believe we should too. It's that simple. If a man is afraid of a gun, maybe you should check to see what is between his legs

Yes, violence is a societal issue not an object ownership issue. Interestingly if one looks at crime stats for Caucasian Americans they are very close to the figures in Western Europe. Draw your own c

The "designed for" argument is a red herring. Volkswagon made a lot of military vehicles. So have Jeep. GM. In other pointless bits of data, my guns have never come close to killing anyone. "Designed

Posted Images

Jess Bartone

To summarise my veiled argument, I am pro gun at home, but anti gun for foreigners in the Philippines.

Having said that, it would be nice to be able to go along somewhere and shoot some clay targets -- down-the-line, trap, or skeet -- then hand the shotgun back to the attendant and go home.

Yeah, if and when I move there I will miss my target shooting.

We could start a skeet club. If we cant have our guns at home, might be we can have a gun bank somewhere?

Hey Baldy, I think you have something there... what a great idea. A place pointing out over the water would be perfect. All it would need is a secure clubhouse (with bar of course), and quite possibly Big Rob or Balay could be coaxed into being "the owner" (but not Douglas though, too unstable, and he'd probably spend all his time in the water checking on the reefbiggrin_01.gif)

Well, if I lived in the RP (would like to some day) I would like to own a gun just for home defence. Here in the USA my home is protected by the Lord and a 44. One could meet them both if one comes here not welcome. Nuff said :)

Edited by kaloy

Jesse; nice.

Gunmen and a bar?? I can already hear the protesters. They probably gonna say you only need a blade!

Can Douglas shoot under water? With the gun? Which gun? The firearm?

What a great idea, to have Big Rob as our Senior shooter! or Balay.

What about Pedro's place? Long way from the city, no wifes, cool place, cold beer? Lets do it.

I can provide a 12V skeeter.

skeet1.jpg

Edited by Baldy
Jess Bartone

.....Can Douglas shoot under water? With the gun? Which gun? The firearm?.....

A powerhead

BangsticksAS.jpg

powerhead-detonates-1983-300x178.jpg

Jess Bartone

Hahahaha, tnx for the good laugh! :)

You're welcome my friend.

I really do hope someone like Rob reads this and can see the value in a clay target gun club. I would pay a membership even if I was only there once or twice a year.

My best effort was with a single barrel 12 guage, down-the-line, 23 out of 25. That thing was so light it killed at both ends... had a tendency to bruise the shoulder, especially after playing 6 times - 150 birds - lowest score 18 out of 25 - was starting to flinch by the end.

Hahahaha, tnx for the good laugh! :)

You're welcome my friend.

I really do hope someone like Rob reads this and can see the value in a clay target gun club. I would pay a membership even if I was only there once or twice a year.

My best effort was with a single barrel 12 guage, down-the-line, 23 out of 25. That thing was so light it killed at both ends... had a tendency to bruise the shoulder, especially after playing 6 times - 150 birds - lowest score 18 out of 25 - was starting to flinch by the end.

Thats real good going buddy. 23 of 25 is up there. :)

Balintawak

Having a gun in the car or in the house for safety is ok, but carrying a gun Might be a bad idea. :)

For me I dont want one, id shot myself in the foot and i dont know how to use one either. :biggrin_01:

Carrying a blade or ex baston is however something I would be very comfortable with.

Here we go again, a blade vs a illegal gun in the hands of a crackhead.... :)

[/qu

Well, ye.. I dont know how to shot, so I assume the crackhead would win that duel, but if luck is on my side the crackhead comes in close range. He will lose:blush:.

Jess Bartone

skeet1.jpg

Just saw this Baldy... awesome. Years ago I had a string pull spring loading type mounted on a Land Rover wheel, the throwing bar held 3 birds. Once, on a dare, I loaded up 3 birds and 3 shells in my old Remington 870 pump and hit the last one just before it hit the ground. I grew up in wide open spaces and there was lots of time and, errr... space... to do this kind of stuff. It's been 5 years since I shot clay, but I'm sure after a couple of boxes worth of practice...

Having a gun in the car or in the house for safety is ok, but carrying a gun Might be a bad idea. :)

For me I dont want one, id shot myself in the foot and i dont know how to use one either. :biggrin_01:

Carrying a blade or ex baston is however something I would be very comfortable with.

Here we go again, a blade vs a illegal gun in the hands of a crackhead.... :)

[/qu

Well, ye.. I dont know how to shot, so I assume the crackhead would win that duel, but if luck is on my side the crackhead comes in close range. He will lose:blush:.

Nothing personal Andy, I'm just tired of reading about blades. Its a ongoing thingy on this forum that if you just have a blade...

Well, thats very far from the actual thing mate. To operate a pistol/revolver you only have to pull the trigger. A blade can never, again, never outdo a small firearm.

Jess Bartone

.....A blade can never, again, never outdo a small firearm.

Except maybe if Jackie Chan is holding it shitstormretarded.gif

skeet1.jpg

Just saw this Baldy... awesome. Years ago I had a string pull spring loading type mounted on a Land Rover wheel, the throwing bar held 3 birds. Once, on a dare, I loaded up 3 birds and 3 shells in my old Remington 870 pump and hit the last one just before it hit the ground. I grew up in wide open spaces and there was lots of time and, errr... space... to do this kind of stuff. It's been 5 years since I shot clay, but I'm sure after a couple of boxes worth of practice...

Jesse, thats awesome buddy.

I never had the chance to do the trick shooting yet. We could do it in our shooting club in Cebu, that would be awesome.

Balintawak

Thats ok Baldy, it might make a tiny difference if your trained with blades or not and of course the range. On close range id chose the blade as I novisish know how to use it. Besides, your allowed to carry a blade but not a gun,, makes kinda sense anyways...