Allowing Foreigners to Carry Guns

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think foreigners should be allowed to carry/own licensed guns in the philippines?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Omg im a scared little baby liberal who doesnt like guns. I call the police to come scrape my body from the road after the criminals have had their way.

senseless

With all of this recent outbreak of violence against foreigners. Don't you guys think it's about time that we're allowed to legally own and carry firearms here? Being that aquino is a sport shooter and big gun guy. Ontop of all of the violence and bad PR. It's quite possible that such a legislation could be put through.

Who wants to start the "Allow foreigners to own guns" movement?

I'm at the point now where I want to leave and never come back for fear of my safety. It's fairly obvious you can't trust extended family 'crackheads', security guards, police or government. The only one who can protect yourself adequately is you.

Edited by senseless
  • Like 1
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• senseless

• Jess Bartone

• Baldy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When all of the criminals in the world throw their guns into the sea then I believe we should too. It's that simple. If a man is afraid of a gun, maybe you should check to see what is between his legs

Yes, violence is a societal issue not an object ownership issue. Interestingly if one looks at crime stats for Caucasian Americans they are very close to the figures in Western Europe. Draw your own c

The "designed for" argument is a red herring. Volkswagon made a lot of military vehicles. So have Jeep. GM. In other pointless bits of data, my guns have never come close to killing anyone. "Designed

Posted Images

dreams.gif I am not an anti-gun person. But i have my doubts that it will ever come about in the PI
  • Like 1
Alan S

The vast majority of people who feel that a gun is an essential item, are Americans.

Most of the rest of us can, and do, manage very well without them.

You can see the result of Americas love affair with guns from the statistics, which show massive numbers killed with them each year.

I would hate to see the same numbers killed in the Philippines, or all the other countries that dont allow guns.

• Like 1

maybe a good idea, if CORRECT training was given in order to own a firearm. (this really should include Philippinos) if it doesnt already exist.

but Ive seen some foreigners here who whould love to own a gun but who would definately stuff up after a couple of red horses! (as alot of people do).

anyone know if a foreigner can legally carry a stun-gun (taser)?

and can it be concealed in your pocket or must it be in view (eg on your belt)?

a taser is always a good deterrant but In alot of cases useless against a gun...

I voted "undecided", because I have never really put much thought into this. After pondering it over for a while, I would probably be in favor of it, though.

Do note that, while living in the USA, I was ProGun all the way. Over the years, I owned a number of different firearms. Likewise, here, I believe that Filipinos should also have the right to carry guns.

But, on a personal note, I have never felt unsafe here, nor have I felt as though I needed a gun to protect my life. This is after having experienced two separate altercations over the years, where a weapon, one gun and later one knife, were pulled on me.

• Like 1
senseless

I would hate to see the same numbers killed in the Philippines, or all the other countries that dont allow guns.

We already had a thread about the statistics of murders. The US does not have as many murders as the EU guys think. The murder rate here in the PH is at least double that of the US. Not to mention the under reported and down right lying figures here in the PH

Make sure to keep in mind that in the US there is a war going on at the southern border. Drug runners, gang members, police murders, rocket attacks, grenades, etc. These things count on our murder figure when its spill over violence from mexico. These people use illegal guns from mexico; a place where you can buy a full auto (illegal) AK-47 for 100$. With 500K-3million illegal immigrants per year passing through the southern border, you don't think that they're also bringing in, guns, drugs, etc? Where do you think this shit in the US comes from. It's from our 3rd world neighbor to the south.

The criminals aren't using legal firearms.

Also, felons and mentally insane are not allowed to own firearms.

Btw, electricity was out for awhile today. I opened some windows and during the few hours of windows being opened heard gun fire.

but Ive seen some foreigners here who whould love to own a gun but who would definately stuff up after a couple of red horses! (as alot of people do).

These are people who more than likely shouldn't own a gun regardless of where they are.

It seems it would be easy enough for the PI to run a background check on at least americans to forbid felons/etc from getting guns here.

Edited by senseless
  • Like 2

We already had a thread about the statistics of murders. The US does not have as many murders as the EU guys think. The murder rate here in the PH is at least double that of the US. Not to mention the under reported and down right lying figures here in the PH

Make sure to keep in mind that in the US there is a war going on at the southern border. Drug runners, gang members, police murders, rocket attacks, grenades, etc. These things count on our murder figure when its spill over violence from mexico. These people use illegal guns from mexico; a place where you can buy a full auto (illegal) AK-47 for 100$.

The criminals aren't using legal firearms.

Also, felons and mentally insane are not allowed to own firearms.

Btw, electricity was out for awhile today. I opened some windows and during the few hours of windows being opened heard gun fire.

These are people who more than likely shouldn't own a gun regardless of where they are.

It seems it would be easy enough for the PI to run a background check on at least americans to forbid felons/etc from getting guns here.

If Foreigners were allowed to own & carry guns, do you advocate the carrying of these guns in public ? and if so concealed or not?

I personally am anti-gun and could definately foresee some foreigners being somewhat premature in there use after being spooked by someone they "think" may be about to harm them.

The argument that they be used Purely for defence of the home and family has some merit but I would still be against this personally, I don't like guns.

senseless

If Foreigners were allowed to own & carry guns, do you advocate the carrying of these guns in public ? and if so concealed or not?

I personally am anti-gun and could definately foresee some foreigners being somewhat premature in there use after being spooked by someone they "think" may be about to harm them.

The argument that they be used Purely for defence of the home and family has some merit but I would still be against this personally, I don't like guns.

Typically a Conceal and Carry permit is separate and in addition to your normal gun registration/licensing. In the US in most states it's done on a case by case basis and the person in question needs to go through additional screening, training, etc. It's also really dependent on the state. So, if you have no real reason to carry a gun with you when you're out you won't likely be granted a CCW. I had a grandfather who delivered news papers at 3-4am in a rough part of town that was granted a CCW. He carried under his seat. My 78 year old grandmother has a CCW but never carries outside the house.

My real concern at this point is just protecting the house. In my case it's not that big of a deal as my wife is licensed. But for others such as the Mark Dizon victims it could have been a big help.

The vast majority of people who feel that a gun is an essential item, are Americans.

Most of the rest of us can, and do, manage very well without them.

You can see the result of Americas love affair with guns from the statistics, which show massive numbers killed with them each year.

Yeah, we like our firearms. Firearms are great. We'd never have successfully seceded from the great nation of England without them. :shitstormretarded:

Ozepete

There are enough problems in this country now, flooding it with more guns would be totaly insane. Thank God Howard had the balls to get rid off them in Oz.. Best thing he ever did.

Alan S
The US does not have as many murders as the EU guys think.

I think the US has around 10,000 murders with firearms per year.

Homicide rates in the United States are two to four times higher than they are in countries that are economically and politically similar to it. Higher rates are found in developing countries and those with political instability
<source: wiki>

IMHO, it would only increase the risk of more crime.

• Like 2
State Trooper

I carry my wife. She carries a .38; with a shoot first ask questions later mentality. No she doesnt have a carry permit but Hey shes a Filipino and they can do things we foreigners cant.

• Like 1
mahogany

Definitely no. I can already envision all of the frustrated guys - frustrated with the Philippines, their personal situation, their wife or her family (not to include karaoke joint owners and tricycle drivers) etc. going on the hunt after a few drinks too many and do harm to others (or self); at this point there is no need to seek self-protection in this country - if you feel insecure, hire your personal body guard.

Besides, not owning a gun will prevent locals from unjustly blaming an innocent foreigner for a crime by manipulating evidences - the PNP has the reputation to resort to such measures :shitstormretarded:

The Mason

If citizens are permitted to own and carry firearms, then I think permanent residents (but not permanent tourists) should be permitted to as well.

I'd like to see a level playing field for permanent residents, including the issue of gun ownership. If the government is going to grant me permission to live here as a permanent resident, then I should have the same rights as citizens; except voting and holding office.

Jess Bartone

Firstly I have to say I did not intend to click on the "thank" button, and hereby withdraw it. Rather, I was intending to quote:

Omg im a scared little baby.....

I think this "poll" is senseless, especially with an option like that, which then seems to be cancelled out in the first post...

I'm at the point now where I want to leave and never come back for fear of my safety.

.....The murder rate here in the PH is at least double that of the US.....

Can this be verified? Honestly, if you are so scared and want to start this "movement", you should, in all fairness, stay at home where you can do all the stuff you like and feel safe, and leave such a dastardly place to those folk who are comfortable with their life choices.

• Like 2