Sign in to follow this  
Siuk

Best/cheapest Place In Cebu To Buy Fitness Equipment?

Siuk

Because it will cost so much to ship my extremely heavy gear in this country, I'll be looking to buy a set of barbells/dumbells, bench and an exercise bike next month when I move the Cebu. Does anyone know of a good store that sells gym equipment at a reasonable price?

Thanks

crewsafe

tito caballa

I purchased some equipment from the guy listed above in 2005. Located in manila & might be able to direct you to Cebu site. Only problem I saw was holes not lined up properly for cable guides, so check it out closely before taking it home. :)

I'll add brochures later.

...or, maybe I won't. Files too big. pm me & give me your email address & I'll send them to you.

WorldlyPatriot
Because it will cost so much to ship my extremely heavy gear in this country, I'll be looking to buy a set of barbells/dumbells, bench and an exercise bike next month when I move the Cebu. Does anyone know of a good store that sells gym equipment at a reasonable price?

In general, I have found exercise equipment in RP stores (even specialty fitness stores) to be lacking in quality, and overpriced.

Check "For Sale" sites for good used stuff. You may get lucky.

You may want to consider joining a gym in Cebu. Holiday Spa has reasonable long-term rates, and they maintain their equipment and environment. Marriott Hotel (lower-level) also has a decent facility. There are the "chain" fitness centers, usually located in the malls.

Be careful of sales people in fitness centers.......they can be some of the worst when it comes to promising the "world," but when you sign the contract, the fine print says otherwise.

Ilovecebu

There is a place called STOCKS R US close to fort San Pedro that sell used gym equipment from Japan, amoung other items including PC's etc

Paul
There is a place called STOCKS R US close to fort San Pedro that sell used gym equipment from Japan, amoung other items including PC's etc

You talkin' about 5 J's? Or, is this a different place? 5 J's is on the corner there, at South Osme

Ilovecebu
You talkin' about 5 J's? Or, is this a different place? 5 J's is on the corner there, at South Osme

Siuk

Thanks for the help.

Joining a gym isn't really an option I'd like to take. Generally I'll do a heavy set, get out of breath and go sit at the computer for 10 minutes to recover. Can't really do that at a gym. My workouts can last 4 hours doing it this way. Besides, the girlfriend probably wont let me out of her sight initially when I arrive, at least until there's a ring on her finger. You know what some Filipinas are like, so it's easier all-round if I have my own equip there.

Thanks

crewsafe
Thanks for the help.

Joining a gym isn't really an option I'd like to take. Generally I'll do a heavy set, get out of breath and go sit at the computer for 10 minutes to recover. Can't really do that at a gym. My workouts can last 4 hours doing it this way. Besides, the girlfriend probably wont let me out of her sight initially when I arrive, at least until there's a ring on her finger. You know what some Filipinas are like, so it's easier all-round if I have my own equip there.

Thanks

The wife & I went to gyms for years here until I finally got fed up with how the locals acted. Not wiping their sweat up, not puting weights back, spitting/clearing their nose anywhere & everywhere like it was cool, etc. (The wife said that the Ladies gyms are just as bad). I was pretty good friends with one of the gyms' owners (a former Mr. Philippines) & brought this up to him occasionly, but he was so worried about losing customers that he allowed this crap to go on until he not only lost both me & the wife as regular customers, but very many Filipinos also.

We currently have converted our garage into a gym/dojo that suffices for the time being. Even have a heavy bag hung up. Kids do their Martial arts workouts there with no problem.

We seriously considered opening up a gym/dojo, but looking at the capital layout & monthly overhead, plus the limited customer base that we probably would have had since rules would have been enforced...it was just not worth it.

The wife & I also were partners in a Martial Arts school for a few years (yes, learned never to have a local, or any partner here). There is potential in this type of business, especially if you like to teach...but you will never get rich, so it has to be as a sideline, or addition to your main business.

About the closest I would consider getting involved in the gym business in the future (definitely not here in Subic) is a semi-private gym...more of a private club, with other advantages for members (such as internet service, massages, etc.). Obviously the monthly dues would be reflective of the sevices offered, plus the quality of clientle that others would want to have around while they exercised.

Still, a major outlay of funds, but exercise is even more important as all of us get older. :as-if: