mford019 - where would you not go in the city of Cebu at night?

Try Alaska........

Please advise me why Citizen Smith was banned?

There is a Barangay Alaska in Cebu, and apparently Citizen Smith thinks it is dangerous. Why is stating that fact a reason to be banned?

I usually don't agree with anything he posts, but in this case I fail to see the logic for banning him.

I banned him because I was personally tired of his posts. For the most part, he simply posted shit, or statements to cause issues. I know in my mind, that he was simply being a smart ass today when he posted that, which is typical of him.

If I feel someone is being a troll, I, or any of the administrators for that matter, will ban a member.

We don't have time for that sort of shit when we are constantly working on this forum, the software, and to make it a better place for the members.

• Like 1
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• musicman666

• D_D

• Dragon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I banned him because I was personally tired of his posts. For the most part, he simply posted shit, or statements to cause issues. I know in my mind, that he was simply being a smart ass today when he

How about one of them secret hilltop plantations?

Please advise me why Citizen Smith was banned?   There is a Barangay Alaska in Cebu, and apparently Citizen Smith thinks it is dangerous. Why is stating that fact a reason to be banned?   I usual

Jim Sibbick

I have only ever felt uneasy once.

We used to go to the Basketball court for fun. The Basketball court is bounded on one side by Junquera.

We would drink beer by the litre while we waited for the taxis to come along with passengers seeking women. When the taxis came in, we would jump up and yell out....PICK ME...PICK ME! As a joke of course! Sometimes we would show newbies around to "have their eyes opened". For people new to the Philippines, it could be quite a shock to the system.

One night I was there with Paul (admin). Paul had been taking photos on one of our mini tours and there was a Filipino claiming to be Philippine Military who objected to the photo taking. He demanded to have his pictures removed. Paul couldn't comply because he had not taken his picture. Matters became quite tense. After our visits to the basketball court, I would usually walk home alone. That night, I caught a taxi home instead of walking.

Otherwise, I am like Paul, there is no where I would not go, day or night in Cebu City.

Regards: Jim

• Like 1

My wife is from Mambaling and she said that there is a ghetto in Mambaling called Alaska. I might go there to see what it looks like. I've also been warned not to go to Carbon Market so I might put both of those on my to do list when we visit in November.

mahogany

My wife is from Mambaling and she said that there is a ghetto in Mambaling called Alaska. I might go there to see what it looks like. I've also been warned not to go to Carbon Market so I might put both of those on my to do list when we visit in November.

Carbon Market, in the early morning hours, can be a lot of fun; many chef cooks out there checking out what to get for that day's menu. Meat and fish is fresh and the veg looks inviting. You can have a grande for the road and join those tireless karaoke addicts after you were out all night; otherwise opt for some pan de sal and coffee for early breakfast.

I grew up in Cebu and I heard Duljo and Villagonzalo are the worst in Cebu. You may also include the Aroma area in Subangdaku. Also by reclamation section by SM. Just my opinion.

Lynette

musicman666

There is an area near pier 1 that a taxi cab driver told me was a very unsafe place to be at night. He said if you stay in your vehicle during the day it is alright to drive through. At night it is not a good idea to even drive there. I do not remember the name of that area but driving through (daytime) it looked tough enough.

yeah that pier 1 is hardcore... and thats during the day.. god knows what its like at night!

Try Alaska........

Citizen Smith, you have been asking for us to ban for a long time. So, I will now, officially

Why did you ban him for saying Barangay Alaska ?

There is a Barangay in Cebu called Alaska near Mambaling. The residents in this area are divided into 2 ethnic groups the local Cebuanos and the Bajau .

The Bajau is a gypsy tribe of nomadic people originally from Malaysia and the Sulu region, who are generally poor. Majority of the Bajau people are Muslims while the Cebuanos are Catholic. Sometimes these 2 groups do not see eye to eye and resulted in discrimination.

**** sorry Paul I just seen your thread now why you banned him ****

Edited by Diver Douglas

Try Alaska........

what barangay is that near?

Mambaling.

He is right it is a REALLY bad slum area of Cebu.

I don't know why you would ban him for telling the honest truth about a bad area of Cebu.

Edited by Diver Douglas
musicman666

Try Alaska........

what barangay is that near?

Mambaling.

He is right it is a REALLY bad slum area of Cebu.

I don't know why you would ban him for telling the honest truth about a bad area of Cebu.

well yeah i know of that place too which has a bit of a rep... and i also scanned his posts before... he does seem to drop troll type comments but so do i on occasion.. i just would have liked to have seen a buildup .. i guess there is more to this than meets the eye.

well yeah i know of that place too which has a bit of a rep... and i also scanned his posts before... he does seem to drop troll type comments but so do i on occasion.. i just would have liked to have seen a buildup .. i guess there is more to this than meets the eye.

Yeah I am not anyone to say who should be banned or not. But maybe people that don't know or have experience in Cebu City thought he was making a joke.

So all first time newbies should for sure go to Alaska Cebu to get their first experience.

goggleye

bottom line is a forum like this not subject to US constitutional free speech rights - a forum online like this is the property of its owner. they make the decisions about their property and then accept the loss or gain of members that affect their revenue stream from advertisers.

musicman666

bottom line is a forum like this not subject to US constitutional free speech rights - a forum online like this is the property of its owner. they make the decisions about their property and then accept the loss or gain of members that affect their revenue stream from advertisers.

i agree totally... but its a bit like taking care of a fish tank.. the fishes need to swim where its safe ... and suddenly wham! one guy takes it and all of the other guys are left wondering...

goggleye

i agree totally... but its a bit like taking care of a fish tank.. the fishes need to swim where its safe ... and suddenly wham! one guy takes it and all of the other guys are left wondering...

I used to be the super moderator of a hunting fishing forum in the US - sometimes its just the straw that breaks the camel's back - especially when its old problem members coming back under new identities

Thanks Paul.

Now to the op, I am in Manila and I have not been all over it yet. Nor have I been to Cebu yet. But I think the principle is the same, use your head, don't act like a jerk and you will be ok.

Try Alaska........

Please advise me why Citizen Smith was banned?

There is a Barangay Alaska in Cebu, and apparently Citizen Smith thinks it is dangerous. Why is stating that fact a reason to be banned?

I usually don't agree with anything he posts, but in this case I fail to see the logic for banning him.

I banned him because I was personally tired of his posts. For the most part, he simply posted shit, or statements to cause issues. I know in my mind, that he was simply being a smart ass today when he posted that, which is typical of him.

If I feel someone is being a troll, I, or any of the administrators for that matter, will ban a member.

We don't have time for that sort of shit when we are constantly working on this forum, the software, and to make it a better place for the members.